Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Anybody know of NYC's still being in stock anywhere? Still looking for a price at retail versus paying 2 bills.

I can stop by tomorrow afternoon when I'm in the city. I saw they still had pairs as of last Friday, not sure of sizes.

Probably will cost you about $195 shipped to TX though.

So initially i wanted my cyber mondays to be ablack and green custom but while puttton the white primer im kinda liking them as black and whites, what do yall think? In a perfect world i would get another pair and do both colorway s but thats not happening now. Any feedback is wanted
I doesn't look bad but same as the CMs, its gonna need a contrasting sole, imo. I'm gonna try the dye method on a beat pair of kicks to see how it comes out. My CMs will prolly sit until that sole outsole/mixsole sitchy a shun can be rectified...

I doesn't look bad but same as the CMs, its gonna need a contrasting sole, imo. I'm gonna try the dye method on a beat pair of kicks to see how it comes out. My CMs will prolly sit until that sole outsole/mixsole sitchy a shun can be rectified...
yeah im not too worried about the sole i just need the uppers to be what i want plus you can dye the sole and then put sole savers on them so they will last longer

yeah im not too worried about the sole i just need the uppers to be what i want plus you can dye the sole and then put sole savers on them so they will last longer
That's my concern that the dye wont penetrate and the white will start showing with wear. Def not going the solesaver route though, LOL.

@rcjbbp1313  I'd keep them that color imo, nice job fam 
smokin.gif
 only extra things I'd do would to do the 50/50 method and dye the sole, and then clean up that black strip by the swoosh and paint it white.

Wasn't gonna wear the rare airs anymore and since they're not selling for much, time for a custom..

Ended up making the ones I wanted for my second custom. Pics when I get home 
tongue.gif

That's my concern that the dye wont penetrate and the white will start showing with wear. Def not going the solesaver route though, LOL.
lol yeah i tried searching to see how to dye them but it doesnt look promising, yet. hopefully someone can come up with a way to do it. you can always go with a black sole by using this, i used it on these customs and it works great (yes i wore them to find out lol) https://www.turtlefeathers.net/shop/walk-black/

Last edited:
@rcjbbp1313
 I'd keep them that color imo, nice job fam :smokin  only extra things I'd do would to do the 50/50 method and dye the sole, and then clean up that black strip by the swoosh and paint it white.

Wasn't gonna wear the rare airs anymore and since they're not selling for much, time for a custom..

Ended up making the ones I wanted for my second custom. Pics when I get home :tongue:

well its not a strip its the edge of the leather and i like to keep that black (i know im weird, id rather it be just unfinished leather like on OG black/red XIs but these were black already) and i like the back tab staying black so it separates them from any other OG based colorway in some little way atleast, heck i might just rock them as black/whites and later change them to black/green

lol yeah i tried searching to see how to dye them but it doesnt look promising, yet. hopefully someone can come up with a way to do it. you can always go with a black sole by using this, i used it on these customs and it works great (yes i wore them to find out lol) https://www.turtlefeathers.net/shop/walk-black/
Good find! Bookmarked... :smokin

Broke these out today 
12558737_1529978770663851_1585484096_n.jpg
Very nice, one of my top shoes of all time now, wore em in the rain the other day (not on purpose) and they held up great. I can see them going for crazy prices later and i believe the price for them has already gone up (people finally realizing the quality is awesome)

@rcjbbp1313 All good fam, the edge looks nice either way. I like the contrast
smokin.gif
my problem with dying a sole is that it seeps through the tape and I have to cover it with a bunch of white paint. Wish I had steady hands so I wouldn't have to worry about using paint lol

Edit: @babyJs23  don't know if you saw it already but check the pms fam, just got the order confirmed 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
[@=https://niketalk.com/members/40465"href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/41051" style="display:inline-block;">@babyJs23
 don't know if you saw it already but check the pms fam, just got the order confirmed :nthat:
yeah if anything i might use the black for the sole, its not a dye its more like paint to touch up the bottoms of dress shoes but works perfect for these as well and it would look better with something on the sole and not just white although now that they make the red bottom stuff i could make black/reds out of them or maybe paint the whole shoe white and make white/reds out of them, oh man i could go in so many different directions, i need more pairs! lol i really dont though

@rcjbbp1313  I'd keep them that color imo, nice job fam 
smokin.gif
 only extra things I'd do would to do the 50/50 method and dye the sole, and then clean up that black strip by the swoosh and paint it white.

Ended up making the ones I wanted for my second custom. Pics when I get home 
tongue.gif
nice

:rofl: :rofl:
They cost 175 out the store, which person is gonna lose money shipping the shoe to you? There's cheap and then there's inconsiderate, that's inconsiderate right there

Back
Top Bottom