Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Neeeeddd moar OG 1's hahha. Gonna be in vegas for superbowl weekend are there any cool shoe stores on the strip that would carry retros?

Lots of meetings today haha

So I was looking for a pair of shoes vegetaray123 vegetaray123 introduced me to and I stumbled across some interesting information I'm not sure everyone was aware of. This was called the school days pack or alpha omega pack and in there explains why they used suede for the shadow pair which I thought was cool. I already knew jordan pledged omega but seeing that this shoe was based on that fact makes me want them even more. Anyway enjoy and or comment

They didn't use suede on those in 2009. It was a soft buttery tumbled leather and the color was shadow grey versus the soft grey of 2013.

Also, Alpha/Omega pack was for the 1s and 22s that separately released with MJ graphics on them. These were called the "School Days" pack but the gold/purple was for the fraternity Omega Psi Phi, of which MJ was a member of.

See Spike Lee's "School Daze" for the rest of the history lesson.

Last edited:
Non the less my point was it's supposed to be a varsity jacket lol I think that's cool

And I know of the 1/22 pack but I'm only calling these alpha/omega because that's what the sources called it

Last edited:
exactly, theyre a tumbled nubuck.

Haha I was close...

"Nubuck (pronounced /ˈnjuːbʌk/) is top-grain cattle leather that has been sanded or buffed on the grain side, or outside, to give a slight nap of short protein fibers, producing a velvet-like surface."

I'm watching a pair of those purple/gold 1s now, wish they were closer to the OGs.

i thought this was the inspiration for the black/shadow grey pair

the Gammas in School Daze wore black/grey, and Spike Lee in the movie wore that color scheme as he was pledging. the 2009 was probably meant to be a ode to this.

Last edited:
Would be cool if it was a black and gold (alpha) with a purple and gold (omega) that would've been the best alpha/omega pack and both are rare ogs but ohh well. I found my omega psi phi 1s so I'm happy. No more 1s until barons in April.

i thought this was the inspiration for the black/shadow grey pair

the Gammas in School Daze wore black/grey, and Spike Lee in the movie wore that color scheme as he was pledging. the 2009 was probably meant to be a ode to this.

This...

Black / Grey pair was for the Gamma's in School Daze...

Purple / Yellow's were for MJ's Omega days...

Last edited:
Would be cool if it was a black and gold (alpha) with a purple and gold (omega) that would've been the best alpha/omega pack and both are rare ogs but ohh well. I found my omega psi phi 1s so I'm happy. No more 1s until barons in April.

When were there original Purple/Gold I's?

This is what he posted when I said JB should make a omega 1 not knowing they already did. He said they were one of the rarest

When were there original Purple/Gold I's?

This is what he posted when I said JB should make a omega 1 not knowing they already did. He said they were one of the rarest

To be clear the didn't actually ever release...Some think it was a PE shoe for the Washington Huskies...Some think maybe it has a Lakers attachment...Me personally I like to believe it was made as a tribute to MJ's time spent in Collage...Have nothing to support that but, to me at least, it just makes sense...Essentially no information on their origins...

I'm positive one of the OG NT heads had a single shoe...Maybe take a look through here, there might be something on these...
http://niketalk.com/t/236374/official-when-did-mj-wear-those-post-and-faqs

Last edited:
vegetaray123 vegetaray123 I love the history now. Kills the time in between waiting to see what OG 1 releases in May and beyond. A few years ago there was an NT thread, "AJ1s/AJKOs: Who's Got the Rarest," and folks were saying either Washington Huskies school issued or Lakers, because they were such a big team then. As with most AJ1 samples, little is known today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom