Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Carmine 1s finally from mypaddedroom.com.

Prob referring to an old sample

If they come out to banned like quality then sweet but hype will be even worse

Still don't buy the 100k pair rumor

Probably won't even be 20k pair if you want my honest opinion
Yeah I'm not holding my breath either. I sold my 2013 pair so as long as the quality is better than those then that's good enough for me.

They will be better than 2013, JB ain't going backwards lol

The story is tho, it was a 5k a game fine for wearing them
I seriously don't have an explanation for this part of it...

At first Im like well the fine was for the ships, then Im like nah what does Nike care about ships enough to spend 5k a game for? Then Im like well it was for the breds, but he never wore them even though the story is Nike paid the fine like whatever at least were getting publicity. 

The only explanation is that he mustve worn them for a game or two that we're all unaware of. How sure are we that he didn't?

I seriously don't have an explanation for this part of it...

At first Im like well the fine was for the ships, then Im like nah what does Nike care about ships enough to spend 5k a game for? Then Im like well it was for the breds, but he never wore them even though the story is Nike paid the fine like whatever at least were getting publicity. 

The only explanation is that he mustve worn them for a game or two that we're all unaware of. How sure are we that he didn't?
As long as whatever he had on had a swoosh, it was worth 5k a game.

As long as whatever he had on had a swoosh, it was worth 5k a game.
Then this raises the odds on them getting fined for Ships.

So, 5000k fine was for the ships, the actual bred 1s were 'banned' altogether. 

...Unless he wore them and we don't know about it.

Was the 5000k fine a part of the gimmick on the banneds though? I seem to only recall x's everywhere. Has Nike ever actually claimed it was for the 1s?

Last edited:
I was in (to try) for one regardless, but it would be beautiful if the numbers look like that.

I felt like we had seen people imply that these would be more available this time around pretty much from the start. Nike wants to push them profits up, man, so it's unsurprising that they'd cash in on that pent up hype a bit.

Then this raises the odds on them getting fined for Ships.

So, 5000k fine was for the ships, the actual bred 1s were 'banned' altogether. 

...Unless he wore them and we don't know about it.

Was the 5000k fine a part of the gimmick on the banneds though? I seem to only recall x's everywhere. Has Nike ever actually claimed it was for the 1s?

Doesn't matter which Nike model it was it was the cw that was banned, I was just saying as the "legend" goes he got fined 5k every game he wore the black and red's in... Which he never did

Chicago's were the most difficult release of the re-mastered 1's, (not including SBB's or Frag's due to #TBF problems). I expect these to be as or more difficult. It is what is, I'm in...8)

Had nothing to do with the swoosh and Nike had everything to do with the cw
Um, right, the fine was for the colorway...

All i was saying is which ever model that color way was on, 5k would have been well worth it to Nike to have MJ wear it and pay 5k a game, as long as it had a swoosh (for branding).

Had nothing to do with the swoosh and Nike had everything to do with the cw
He's saying Nike would've taken the fine for the Ships the same as they would for the 1s because its still brand/athlete promotion. So we're not exactly sure what shoe he was fined for. Nor do we know if Nike has ever stated that it was for the 1s anyway and not someone like Brandon Dunne or some sh.. starting rumors.

Last edited:
Chicago's were the most difficult release of the re-mastered 1's, (not including SBB's or Frag's due to #TBF problems). I expect these to be as or more difficult. It is what is, I'm in...
glasses.gif
Makes it that much sweeter when you get home and unbox your pair after staying up all night in a dimly lit parking lot smoking and making fun of the Carl Winslow looking security guard and that smell and those colors hit you for the first time like black coffee.

Last edited:
Anyone else have an issue with the snkrs app never pushing alerts? Always have to go into the app to be notified

He's saying Nike would've taken the fine for the Ships the same as they would for the 1s because its still brand/athlete promotion. So we're not exactly sure what shoe he was fined for. Nor do we know if Nike has ever stated that it was for the 1s anyway and not someone like Brandon Dunne or some sh.. starting rumors.

I'm not trying to make some big thing with this understand exactly what your saying my point is he discontinued to wear ANY Nike sig that was black and red after the Ships in game.. And he also quit wearing the Ships and went to the 1s until the 2s came out, either in the Chicago cw or the black toes

I really want to like the Letterman's, and the SKNRS filtered pic looks great, but the in hand pics are not great to me.  I'm definitely all in for Metallic Navys, Black Reds, and Kentuckys.  Cant wait to see what the other possible 3 OG colors that DJFolk mentioned are.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say...

"When are we getting retro Air Ships?"

:nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom