Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

Westbay exclusive

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Don't get me wrong here, Breds are a classic shoe, and overall I'll always have love for them in any way they release, but...

I noticed not long after the Breds "banned" 2016 dropped people were saying the black parts were actually nice thick leather and just broke in nice. People claiming this after 1 wear... just wondering if people are in denial about these things or what? I'm pretty let down by the new bred. I've worn them a week solid, and I don't think the black breaks in that well... it looks plastic, the creasing isn't nice in the way Chi's, UNC, or CM's crease... hell, the Yin Yangs have nicer leather... would like to see some other pics of these well broken in pairs that creased nice people are talking about...

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Bbe...A-4A32-A252-EE7D91C625E3_zps0lw78zl7.jpg.html

speaking of which ^, is there any way to reduce those creases on the side of the toebox? I've seen some pairs where it's not terrible but then others where it looks like complete dooky. not talking just 2016 breds but 1's in general. could it be a sizing issue?

I like worn in pairs but I can't stand that creasing right there. give me creases anywhere else and I'm cool

I normally love creasing on 1's, but the way the black creases on these just looks kinda fake to me. I'm starting to wonder if the black portions on this shoe are actually synthetic leather, and not genuine leather. If you look close at the texture/pattern in the black it almost looks fake and exaggerated, and the creasing just looks weird...

I normally love creasing on 1's, but the way the black creases on these just looks kinda fake to me. I'm starting to wonder if the black portions on this shoe are actually synthetic leather, and not genuine leather. If you look close at the texture/pattern in the black it almost looks fake and exaggerated, and the creasing just looks weird...

The black portion is absolutely synthetic.

If we look at all the different remastered 1's, there's a definite balance of materials. SBB 1 is held in high regard because of the amount of nice leather used. SBB 2, really nice sail, cheap orange. UNC, Laser, CM complete build with nice leather but it's a step down from SBB or blk/red so they give more.

Cats ain't buyin their right shoe size.

None of my 1's creased like that at the toe.

Mine are def my size :lol:

My CM creased like that but I think it might be the first time I wore them I banged one of the shoes into the door of my car and dented em in and it stayed like that

The black portion is absolutely synthetic.

If we look at all the different remastered 1's, there's a definite balance of materials. SBB 1 is held in high regard because of the amount of nice leather used. SBB 2, really nice sail, cheap orange. UNC, Laser, CM complete build with nice leather but it's a step down from SBB or blk/red so they give more.

The black portion is real leather. Synthetic leather doesn't crease like this.

Lmao.

The two photos right next to each other only proves 16>

Not knocking the 13, but I am knocking how they tried us with the 2013 and then 2016 turn around

The black on those 13's look about the same as what's on the 16.

The guy above with the massive toe dip crease on every pair admitted he had the wrong size and has since been sizing down. I don't think mine are too big though. My foot is inbetween a 9/9.5, so I go with the 9.5 for comfort, too often 9's end up too snug. I have no problem with creases, I was just saying I dont think these new breds crease as nicely as other recent 1's, and I don't think sizing has anything to do with it, its the cheaper stiffer material...

Going to retire my '13s after this week. '16 double up from Nike+ arrived and it's time to see how well they do!

Oh man, I just copped a reverse SBB half a size up from what I usually wear yesterday. Does that mean its not a good idea to wear them cause they might crease badly?

The black on those 13's look about the same as what's on the 16.

The guy above with the massive toe dip crease on every pair admitted he had the wrong size and has since been sizing down. I don't think mine are too big though. My foot is inbetween a 9/9.5, so I go with the 9.5 for comfort, too often 9's end up too snug. I have no problem with creases, I was just saying I dont think these new breds crease as nicely as other recent 1's, and I don't think sizing has anything to do with it, its the cheaper stiffer material...

If you own both, then you would know the blacks are not alike.

Don't get me wrong here, Breds are a classic shoe, and overall I'll always have love for them in any way they release, but...

I noticed not long after the Breds "banned" 2016 dropped people were saying the black parts were actually nice thick leather and just broke in nice. People claiming this after 1 wear... just wondering if people are in denial about these things or what? I'm pretty let down by the new bred. I've worn them a week solid, and I don't think the black breaks in that well... it looks plastic, the creasing isn't nice in the way Chi's, UNC, or CM's crease... hell, the Yin Yangs have nicer leather... would like to see some other pics of these well broken in pairs that creased nice people are talking about...

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Bbe...A-4A32-A252-EE7D91C625E3_zps0lw78zl7.jpg.html
The black portion is real leather. Synthetic leather doesn't crease like this.
I believe mine trumps your pairs my friends:

Back
Top Bottom