Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
you guys convinced me to unlace my knicks 1s for storage until i can get my hands on the royal laces :smile:

My DS pair of Shadows had a death choke hold on them

I always unlace my shoes if I'm storing them and not wearing them for the moment. I don't know why, but its always been that way. If I buy a new pair of kicks, but know I'm not going to wear them for a few months, I unlace them until the day I finally break them out.

I guess I'm team #unlaced :nerd:
My ritual is to loosen the laces and try on my pair of new kicks, usually the same day I buy them, even if they'll be going away for a couple months. I can't stand seeing my new shoes all choked up, first thing I do is loosen em up and try em on. After that, half the time I curse JB, because the sizing is always so damn inconsistent :lol:

I also do the same loosen it up and try on that way when I finally decide to wear a pair I just slip them on and off. I don't choke my shoes or even tie them for that matter lol

Y'all need to chill on the unlacing storage of the 1's. The shape won't be drastically altered. If it helps I got my 1st pair of 94s unlaced back in 08 and the shape was all jacked up cuz they were unlaced when stored.

JB tosses a cardboard shoe tree to keep shape, and ankle insert to keep the tongue from getting folded in storage. Yall will be fine. I have shoes that have been laced since 85 with no shape problems whatsoever.

Also I think the main reason for the unlace storage was due to the tiny *** boxes Nike/JB used back then forcing the toe boxes against the tongue/upper. And if you choose to still unlace em. Make sure u stuff the ankle to keep the tongue from shifting stubbornly to the left or right.

Last edited:
Ima go ahead and leave the second pair of DS Banneds I got yesterday laced up :pimp:

Last edited:
Ima go ahead and leave the second pair of DS Banneds I got yesterday laced up :pimp:

Try to grab extra ankle inserts for those, and all your 1's for that matter. Go to shoe stores and grab em cuz they usually toss em. Also slightly loosen up the laces.

Y'all need to chill on the unlacing storage of the 1's. The shape won't be drastically altered. If it helps I got my 1st pair of 94s unlaced back in 08 and the shape was all jacked up cuz they were unlaced when stored.

JB tosses a cardboard shoe tree to keep shape, and ankle insert to keep the tongue from getting folded in storage. Yall will be fine. I have shoes that have been laced since 85 with no shape problems whatsoever.

Also I think the main reason for the unlace storage was due to the tiny *** boxes Nike/JB used back then forcing the toe boxes against the tongue/upper. And if you choose to still unlace em. Make sure u stuff the ankle to keep the tongue from shifting stubbornly to the left or right.

keep in mind these materials are cheaper/worse than what they were with the 1994 and earlier models.

dont shoe trees and ankle inserts eat away at the leather? i was told to not even keep them in the box due to acidity of paper messing with the shoes.

keep in mind these materials are cheaper/worse than what they were with the 1994 and earlier models.

Yeah, shoes then used genuine leather. Nowadays shoes are over 50% synthetic. It's hard for them to crease while worn, so you won't have a problem w them shifting in shape. Im just saying. You can store anyway you please.

dont shoe trees and ankle inserts eat away at the leather? i was told to not even keep them in the box due to acidity of paper messing with the shoes.

Its paper it won't cause harm. Same paper is used for the box and tissue paper. In that case store your shoes in a plastic bin like OCD sneaker guys :lol:

Does anyone here own any of those AJKO premiums from 2011? I been thinking of picking up a pair but I am wondering is the quality as good as people say it is?

Does anyone here own any of those AJKO premiums from 2011? I been thinking of picking up a pair but I am wondering is the quality as good as people say it is?

quality is def top notch... now lets stop talking about them unless you can point me in the direction of a sz 12 in all three .... still salty i thought i could let hem hit disco before pouncing

quality is def top notch... now lets stop talking about them unless you can point me in the direction of a sz 12 in all three .... still salty i thought i could let hem hit disco before pouncing
i picked up the chocolate and graphite pairs ds in a 9.5 $185 each on fleabay. and im staring at the All black pair right now for $250 debating. theres a seller that has a few sizes in them DS

Price isn't crazy, but market is hella dry. If you spot a 9.5/10 and don't wear that size, I'll surely repay the favor. 
It really is I had seen them before back a few years ago after a deployment, I just couldnt remember how the quality on them was. But I was just playing around on the bay and came across all three, all from power sellers.

the Dark cinder and graphite pairs came with receipts, and at $185 I just grabbed them up.

Back
Top Bottom