Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Always wanted the nys but settled for cyber Mondays....wish I knew they would eventually drop and to be sitting like this too lol

Woke up late and thankfully I did. Saw that SNKRS had the NYCs and was able to use that $20 gift card Nike sent out on em and used the second Nike gift card on the Kentuckys. Saved $40 in between 2 pairs. Skipped on the LAs. I cant stand those clear blue soles

IMO, Q-tip/cotton ball and rubbing alcohol is the best to use on the midsoles for the kind of dirt that sticks and can't be removed by water.

This will only work for WHITE midsoles and the outsoles but beware in using alcohol on the uppers as it will remove the paint on materials other than rubber outsoles/midsoles.

Alcohol will yellow the midsole and the stitching over time. And cause glue seperation. Fyi. Think it's because the alcohol not only cleans, but completely dries out whatever it touches.

IMO, Q-tip/cotton ball and rubbing alcohol is the best to use on the midsoles for the kind of dirt that sticks and can't be removed by water.

This will only work for WHITE midsoles and the outsoles but beware in using alcohol on the uppers as it will remove the paint on materials other than rubber outsoles/midsoles.
Alcohol will yellow the midsole and the stitching over time. And cause glue seperation. Fyi. Think it's because the alcohol not only cleans, but completely dries out whatever it touches.
I appreciate the input however I've been doing this for years (since the 90s) on the midsoles/outsoles of my 1s (including other sneakers/J's) and none of them have yellowed nor caused sole separation. The key is that I immediately clean with water right after I apply the alcohol and I only use the alcohol very lightly, enough to remove the dirt marks.

They raised the price of the NYC to $160?
mean.gif
Werent they always 160?  i havent worn my pair in awhile but thought i got them at that price like every other pair of 1s... 

Just copped the NYC's never thought TBF would get a shot. Only thing sweeter would have been a gift card :smokin (dat jb tongue tag gotta bounce tho :frown: ) gonna double back on storm blues

Last edited:
Something I did notice is the the NYCs were $160. Werent they $140 on the initial release and every other release?

Yeah they were $140 (NYC 1s) leave it to Nike to up the price on an old mold and convince folks it's doing us a favor...and LA 1s were $160 last year when the dropped. I definetly lucked up and did a 1 (NYC) for 1 (LA) trade last year with an NT'r. SMH

Last edited:
To those who own the NYC 1s....do they fit like any other Jordan 1? My true size isn't available so im debating if i should go half size up or just pass...

To those who own the NYC 1s....do they fit like any other Jordan 1? My true size isn't available so im debating if i should go half size up or just pass...
NYC 1s fit TTS for me like all my other 1s.  I don't think .5 up will have you swimming in them so it should be fine

NYC 1's were $160 during the big restock at F23 earlier this year. I'm not sure if they were $140 during the very first release though. I didn't even know LA/NYC 1s were dropping today, but somehow grabbed the LA 1s before they sold out when a friend asked me if anything was worth grabbing. Definitely did not expect them to sell out either lol

Back
Top Bottom