Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Sounds like the shoe starts off black and when you rub it off the gold is underneath [emoji]129300[/emoji]

It doesn't "sound like" it man, they straight up tell you that that's the case and threw in a pic :lol:

That black shoe in the upper left corner is what they'll look like out of the box:

https://www.nike.com/launch/t/behind-design-air-jordan-1-retro-wings

2im6gc4.jpg

I'm a fan of both ways, but I hate that they always do interesting stuff like that on limited pairs knowing good and well that there's no going back after the undertone is exposed.

Most people will luck up on one pair of these Wings and have to make the decision of either having an all black sneaker with a clear sole (and a heel plate, etc.) or irreversibly showing the cool gold finish. What if we like both, b?

Last edited:
It doesn't "sound like" it man, they straight up tell you that that's the case and threw in a pic :lol:

That black shoe in the upper left corner is what they'll look like out of the box:
I'm a fan of both ways, but I hate that they always do interesting stuff like that on limited pairs knowing good and well that there's no going back after the undertone is exposed.

Most people will luck up on one pair of these Wings and have to make the decision of either having an all black sneaker with a clear sole (and a heel plate, etc.) or irreversibly showing the cool gold finish. What if we like both, b?

Then I guess flat black angelus will have to do .... saw some one reverted thier LMs like that

Last edited:
He wouldn't even have to. A quick tape-up along the lower edge of the upper and some acetone and it'll be like it never happened.

I remember someone in here did that same custom a while back when they either painted some Lasers or Black Yin Yangs into Royals and got some blue dye on the midsole. Not a fan of the look either.

I do like those Wings on the other hand.
Yea that was me. It was Cyber Monday.

...the tongue tag is stiff? What difference does it make when you wear them, does it scratch your ankle/leg?

edit: I don't like the wings, either. I don't like translucent outsoles on 1s, nor do I like that Nike still hasn't made up their mind on whether or not they're using clear or blue-tinted on shoes (personally, I prefer clear).
No they don't but I touch every part of the shoe to compwre to other releases and I'm telling you the tongue tag is off
Really dont know if all pairs are like that, but you could always try ordering a SNKRS pair (if they aren't already) and return doing a pair swap
Nah got em from Nike.

Original colors gentleman, or bust, everything else is a current ******** fad, with this mold when JB does something right reward them when necessary, otherwise reject millenials cancer

Back
Top Bottom