Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

Cyber 1's & Black yin yang 1's got the same leather quality? Looking for a mostly black pair for an everyday wear around
I think Cybers are better quality, but might be because I've worn the hell outta them. I think 2017 BHMs have the best leather of all all-black pairs, though - by far.

Black toes one of the best leather 2016? I disagree..I love mine but they are mad stiff
Maybe Metallic Blues could be made a case for..

but BTs have better (all around) leather quality than SBB 2, Banned, T3 .. and i forget other notable 16' releases. 

The main part is the black lining --- soft all around (aside from the ankle) and much better than Banned's black part .... or SBB 2's orange part.

BHMs are so much doper than ppl give them credit for. they are easily one of my favorites at this point. they have the best leather of any 1 that i own, including sbb. i don't own '11 banneds so i can't speak on that.

on another note, my wings just got authenticated and have been shipped from stockx. once they arrive, i'll do a long overdue 1s collection post.

Cyber 1's & Black yin yang 1's got the same leather quality? Looking for a mostly black pair for an everyday wear around

I would grab the CM personally
Quality is better
And gets even better after more wears
My pair is straight butter

Last edited:

Have both and think the difference is negligible between 'em..... If you like a thicker cut of leather on your medial sections and more padding on your  collar -- than CMs are the better offering. 

AJ1 fam, are you guys basing your bar of quality standards on how soft the leather is or how durable the leather is? I'm in no way a leather expert but I would rate certain shoes in level of comfort and how long I can wear a pair. I know that's not the true test of what we call leather but I'd like to know your grading of the said 1's.

My Laser 1's and Chicago 1's have the softest leather and thus I can wear them all day without complaints.

2016 B/Red 1's feel the most durable, just soft enough but doesn't feel flimsy, IMO.

2017 Royal 1's and Storm Blue 1's are good enough to not worry about wear and tear.

My white LM 1's leather felt the toughest of my collection however this caused some discomfort after a few hours of wear.

These are all in my opinion which in NT jargon is absolute fact and your opinion doesn't matter lol

i judge based off thickness coupled with softness. for instance, everyone was saying laser 1s were great quality bc they were so soft. but i didn't think they were all that great bc the leather was paper thin. again, in terms of quality, there is not a 1 that i know of that is on par with '17 BHM. the whole upper is plush, not just select panels.

i think the opinion on BT 2016 varies because it seems like some are very stiff and some are butter. My pair is very, very soft around the collar and wings logo.

in what little time we  have had in 2017 my new loves are stiff but look fire... clear soles in the last few years just seem to get up instantly though... 

Last edited by a moderator:
i judge based off thickness coupled with softness. for instance, everyone was saying laser 1s were great quality bc they were so soft. but i didn't think they were all that great bc the leather was paper thin. again, in terms of quality, there is not a 1 that i know of that is on par with '17 BHM. the whole upper is plush, not just select panels.

You lost your voice in here when you decided creases didn't look nice one 1s :evil:

there is not a 1 that i know of that is on par with '17 BHM. the whole upper is plush, not just select panels.
2017 BHM's are definitely a top quality shoe, and have the absolute best leather all over the entire shoe out of the 1s I do own (SBBs, Royals, Breds, Black Toes, Cyber Mondays, Lasers). I don't know how the BHMs compare to Frags or 2011 Banneds since I don't own those.

Last edited:
in what little time we  have had in 2017 my new loves are stiff but look fire... clear soles in the last few years just seem to get ****** up instantly though... 
Not really a clear sole more like a gum sole because they won't turn yellow

"SBB leather is so butter blah blah blah".... cant stand the SBB disciples lol. I hate that everything gets compared to SBB. That's the reason we got stupid tumbled leather on Breds and Royals.

"SBB leather is so butter blah blah blah".... cant stand the SBB disciples lol. I hate that everything gets compared to SBB. That's the reason we got stupid tumbled leather on Breds and Royals.
Yup. SBBs are insanely overrated , the black parts are whack like most of the other 1s, people just blinded by that ugly scrotum leather... overall softest 1s I've owned are the UNCs, my Chicagos are beaters and I love em but the black sections aren't great.

When your body comes back from a three-day weekend ... but your mind not so much [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Totally forgot the running kicks so I'm about to break the hell outta my YYs today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom