Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
This thread should be renamed to "what 1's have the best leather" because that's basically the weekly conversation. "No storm blues have the best leather, no the 1969 royals have the best leather, no the 2016 banneds have the best"

My Top 5 in order(favorite to least favorite)

1. Metallic Navy
2. Chicago
3. SBB
4. Black Toe
5. B/red

I find myself wearing those all the most outta my collection 20+ pairs of 1s.

Honorable mention: RSBB, UNC, CM, Yang, Royals

1st Cyber mondays way better quality then black yin yang 1s.

2nd Sbb is Goat of quality because from day 1 felt like house shoes on the feet.

3rd what is so happening about black toes? Cause theyll never be the goat of og 1s [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] tied between bred 1s, royals and Cbicagos. Errting else in the way

Yup. SBBs are insanely overrated , the black parts are whack like most of the other 1s, people just blinded by that ugly scrotum leather... overall softest 1s I've owned are the UNCs, my Chicagos are beaters and I love em but the black sections aren't great.

Gooze you've mos def made me glad I don't have a scrotum ....lol. The SBB gets the above-all-others love because it hits the sweet spot - it fits well (no pinky toe pain) and a plush wearability (solid padding) as well as a soft/durable cut of leather. 2 years after the drop I don't regret the SBB pick up .... will I feel the same way about my BReds or Royals -- doubt it. While the black leather on SBBs are the least desirable of the shoe it is hella better than the black leather in my BReds -- which I am still not sure if it's leather or synthetic.

I got 2 SBBs on release day, sold one for 400, traded the other for 2 pears of Kobes... don't regret either decision. They are okay but I'm not a fan of tumbled leather.

Gooze you've mos def made me glad I don't have a scrotum ....lol. The SBB gets the above-all-others love because it hits the sweet spot - it fits well (no pinky toe pain) and a plush wearability (solid padding) as well as a soft/durable cut of leather. 2 years after the drop I don't regret the SBB pick up .... will I feel the same way about my BReds or Royals -- doubt it. While the black leather on SBBs are the least desirable of the shoe it is hella better than the black leather in my BReds -- which I am still not sure if it's leather or synthetic.

Willing to bet the black on the Bred is the exact same. Have you worn your Breds as much as the SBBs? Doesn't look like it.

"The SBB gets the above-all-others love because it hits the sweet spot - it fits well (no pinky toe pain) and a plush wearability (solid padding) as well as a soft/durable cut of leather"

This kind of worshiping is what I'm talking about lol. All of this can be said for at least a dozen other re-mastered 1s. Especially Chis, UNC, Metallics, CM etc.

"Oh but the shattered backboards" yada yada yada lol

At the end of the day they're tumbled and they're a retro+ cw. They get way too much hype.

Last edited:
Ugh.. couldn't shake the temptation for wing 1s, threw in 270 bid and got em 10 mins later. Retail would've been better, but Nike will not let me hit on the wack draw..

Willing to bet the black on the Bred is the exact same. Have you worn your Breds as much as the SBBs? Doesn't look like it.

"The SBB gets the above-all-others love because it hits the sweet spot - it fits well (no pinky toe pain) and a plush wearability (solid padding) as well as a soft/durable cut of leather"

This kind of worshiping is what I'm talking about lol. All of this can be said for at least a dozen other re-mastered 1s. Especially Chis, UNC, Metallics, CM etc.

"Oh but the shattered backboards" yada yada yada lol

At the end of the day they're tumbled and they're a retro+ cw. They get way too much hype.

I agree CHIs, UNCs, (Navy) Mettalics are ALL in the sweet spot of what I think a lot of 1s folks talk about when considering 'best in class'. And I don't and definetly never recall any SBB-lovers making the category an either/ or ..... I am willing to concede had the SBBs dropped later in the remastered line up there might be less fandom for them as there would have been a larger litany of 1s with the mold, a strong offering of leather quality and wearability. As it stands it was the 3rd offering and the 2nd major offering and thus it is judged in that space/time constraints.

EDIT: definetly have worn both a comparable amount of time .... my BReds came with that weird wrinkled medial leather issue

Last edited:
SBB will forever go down as one of the rare gems Jordan brand hit on as far as new colors of the 1 go.
second half of your statement is solid.

let me pepper my flame suit.

as an owner of the shoe, I believe that the SBB are hellaaaaaaaaa Overrated.

No, not for sale lol

SBB will forever go down as one of the rare gems Jordan brand hit on as far as new colors of the 1 go.

Yessir.. kinda wish I woulda grabbed a couple more when they were under 3. At least I've got a double, wore em a lot for the first 6 mos or so. Need to take em out again..

I don't hold SBBs anywhere because of hype or inflated (not rightfully so) quality. 

As soon as I saw the first picture of what the SBB 1 was going to look like ... and that it was to match Jordan's 85' Italy outfit ... I was sold immediately. That color blocking is OG type stuff (even though it's a retro+). It's a legend color. 

The quality is better than 16' Breds and 17' Royals for sure (The quality on both of the latter are frankly........crap. Pains me to say it) but they aren't far off. 

What I *really* wish for among all else is the OG shape --- ESPECIALLY the f-u-c-k-i-n toe box. Why the hell can't they get that thing skinny/sleak like it should be. On the remastered pairs...the toe box is high as hell. I don't care about creasing.... but the high toe box just adds to the feel that they don't *fit* right. It's too boxy as it stands now.

Needless to say though... the quality on current AJ1s need to increase or else it's no longer 'retail or bust' but '<retail or bust'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom