Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
If you only pay retail then you need to get on the ball and find a way to get em on release. If you have a problem with what resale becomes then really its tough luck. They have gone to the world of collectibles as sad as that is to say. What kills me are people willing to go to a fcny and drop 600+ on a shoe.

Agreed. 1's are my favorite so I just sold off shoes I didn't wear to attain them. I turned the profit from a pair of corks into 2 pairs of royals and some pocket change at the time. It sucks that we can't just walk into a store two weeks later and still cop but that's just how it is now. I just try to find the best deal possible and move a few personal pairs to cover most if not all of the price.

Last edited:
Agreed. 1's are my favorite so I just sold off shoes I didn't wear to attain them. I turned the profit from a pair of corks into 2 pairs of royals and some pocket change at the time. It sucks that we can't just walk into a store two weeks later and still cop but that's just how it is now. I just try to find the best deal possible and move a few personal pairs to cover most if not all of the price.

You and I both. I had this epiphany one night (and I've mentioned it before in this thread), 1s are timeless and revolutionary. They started it all. On top of being timeless they withstand the test of time. Which is why I sold off anything with a phylon midsole.I love 3s, 4s and 5s like most, but have been through the misery of cracked midsoles and when you have a job that only allows you to wear sneakers on the weekends, you try to get bang for you buck.

Can't beat 1s for the longevity and style, which is why it's painful, but I didn't have a problem dropping $450 on Royals. Mainly because I will still be wearing them when the midsoles/soles of everyone else's II-X is falling off and cracking.

Last edited:
All I ever see is 9's and 10's. The hurt is real :lol:

I can't believe I was able to cop from the restock. They actually put them up before the tweet. I was browsing for some Jordan lows for my daughter then I just typed randomly Jordan OG high, they were there. Added cart during check out tweet came out! Luck was on my side! Tried for breds it was too late. I'm getting the the royals and j-pack royals on Friday. Can't wait!!!! Congrats to everyone that copped. Also I called the next morning to make sure things were cool and the rep said that a lot of orders were cancelled and too look out for another one at the end of summer. Maybe she was lying but who knows.

Remember the good old days when the hype was on other Jordan retros and 1s were left out sitting on shelves?

Everything changed after the Royals release.

Yeah 1s did not get any love back then, but it was before NA with OG cw treatment... JB/non-NA 1s will still sit when release today..oh and non-OG cw did bad too.

Last edited:
Remember the good old days when the hype was on other Jordan retros and 1s were left out sitting on shelves?

Everything changed after the Royals release.

A lot of jays Sat it wasn't the royal release that changed it all it was the concord release that is to blame

Yeah 1s did not get any love back then, but it was before NA treatment... JB/non-NA 1s will still sit when release today..

Only the mids sit now any true retro sells out these days... Mostly due to resellers manufacturing hype by buying up most of the pairs and creating a false feeling that every thing is limited

A lot of jays Sat it wasn't the royal release that changed it all it was the concord release that is to blame
Well, yes. Everything changed since the Concord release. But after the Royal release, NA 1s have been hoarded fearing it would be a Royal release 2.0.

so what would one expect to pay for a pair of the laser premiers?
There is a DS pair on the bay (10.5) with the bid starting at $139.00.

There is also a DS pair on the bay (12) with a BIN price of $349 with that make an offer option.

Honestly I wouldn't pay over $200 for the shoe but my feelings are biased because I already own a pair.

It all comes down to how bad you want it.  The quality is on point, but it's not a shoe that you can wear with everything.

That laser print makes the shoe look busy and will compete with any other print worn.

Not my pair.
This is what they will look like beat up.  Notice the faded areas.

Back
Top Bottom