• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
yall can blame this guy too :lol:

I think Kanye is the #1 reason 1's are so valued now. Nobody was checking for BRED or Royal 1's like that before he started wearing them. After that they became must haves for the hypebeasts and teeny boppers. Thus we have them going for over double the retail price on the resale market

I think Kanye is the #1 reason 1's are so valued now. Nobody was checking for BRED or Royal 1's like that before he started wearing them. After that they became must haves for the hypebeasts and teeny boppers. Thus we have them going for over double the retail price on the resale market

I respectfully disagree

the popularity of Jordans has skyrocketed over the past 3 years due to tons of celebrities wearing them . the Royal 1s havent been retroed since 2001 , so its not surprise people lost their mind over them

I respectfully disagree

the popularity of Jordans has skyrocketed over the past 3 years due to tons of celebrities wearing them . the Royal 1s havent been retroed since 2001 , so its not surprise people lost their mind over them

FAM there was no hype for royals leading up to release until people found out how limited they were and then black toes and shadows sat until bred hype and then they went up on price and then they disappear after a price hike..I could have had a whole size run of shadows because people picked toro 4 over them. I hooked up like 5 people here the day of release for pretty much retail.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree

FAM there was no hype for royals leading up to release until people found out how limited they were and then black toes and shadows sat until bred hype and then they went up on price and then they disappear after a price hike..I could have had a whole size run of shadows because people picked toro 4 over them. I hooked up like 5 people here the day of release for pretty much retail.

agree but the black toes didn't "sit." they moved pretty well. the shadows tho.... they definitely didn't fly off the shelves. even hit an outlet for like 90.

Last edited:
who got banned ?
nerd.gif

Idk why people have to place put "blame" on a person because he wants to wear some shoes :lol: if you want to blame anyone/anything blame it on social media and sneaker blogs for broadcasting Kanye

^^^ talk to meth. I wasn't the one that banned you.
agree but the black toes didn't "sit." they moved pretty well. the shadows tho.... they definitely didn't fly off the shelves. even hit an outlet for like 90.

Yeah black toes didn't sit but were fairly easy to get Is what I meant to say,the sad part is that to me the shadows have the best quality IMO.

Last edited:

False

One thing is for sure... Bred 1 >>>

And I love my shadows and royals, in that order.

I like those 3 cws for different reasons. I love the black and red Is for how iconic it is and it being the shoe that started Air Jordan. I like the shadows because they can go with so many outfits and just a clean cw. I like the royals because blue is my favorite color and you can never go wrong with blue jordans

All OG 1s are loved equally pretty much by me, non OG are not so much although if they arent OG if they make them OG color blocked i will give them a chance

I dunno about this I like alot of non og colorways. like these, Cinder AJKO premiums (un-ds'd today)
I love mine..Imo the best of the trio, and one of my favorite non OG Jordans altogether. I scooped mine at flight club for under retail about 2 years ago.. My HOH didn't have a 9.5 or a 10 when i went to scoop them around the release.

im not a fan really, if i want quality one color shoes they wont be jordans for sure, to me they are low quality/price fashion shoes since the tech is so old they arent even bball shoes imo, not a fan of those KOs either

I respectfully disagree

No sir...the most popular colorways (BREDS, Royals) I think have been retroed 3 times since original realease in '85..."94, 2001, and 2013 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) :nerd: . The '94 and 2001 drops weren't anywhere near this crazy. There weren't any camp outs or raffles for retro J's then...heck I walked in and got size 15 Concords 3 hours after release in '01. I got many a retro for retail or below during that time because nobody outside of a true sneakerhead was into or checking for retros during that time. Heck...I passed on chances to get BRED 1s for retail or below many a time thinking, "they'd be around" when I had some cash to burn with no hot releases coming up I needed to save for.

I do agree this mainstream sneaker love is celeb driven. How else do you explain 13 year olds like my niece wanting Jay's and posites now? Never saw MJ play, didn't see Ricky Moore rock posites against Duke in '99, not even a bball fan...yet she's coppin every Jordan/posite/yeezy my brother will buy for her. Y'all can deny the "Kanye effect" all you want but it's real. The mainstream was not checking for 1's until Kanye pulled them out.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree

gil23 gil23 Royals were hyped up, with 2 locked threads even before RD. The madness ensued shortly after, and into the 3rd thread.

bigj505 bigj505 The shadows going into the outlets is irrelevant. Royals have hit the outlets, so what does that mean? Even titanium 23s?

It's all demographics. In big urban citys, every OG CW is a sell out.

So basic rule of thumb everytime a shoe sells out is blame Kanye? :lol:
I guess Nike limiting everything and resellers hoarding everything else has no bearing on anything…
#kanyeshrug

Back
Top Bottom