Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I’ve considered that and this is likely going to sound crazy but they’ll still have the tumble leather feel, even when the tumbled premium stuff their throwing on these 1s doesn’t have the actual tumble pattern (my royals had completely smooth ankles and heels btw) it’s still not the flat full grain, it’s still wears and ages like that super soft stuff and I just can’t get with that... I’ve never said it isn’t nice just not for me on 1s... also when I had the black and reds the heels actually became loose from wear on the red tumbled areas it freaked me out and looked super strange

I know what you're saying man. That's crazy that it got that bad. I hate this tumbled look because it legitimately doesn't age well because it gets super malformed from the softness. JB should of just done full grain and left it at that. I love my metallic, yin yang, Chi's, black toes etc because they have that true to form feel to my 94s and my old 85s. The leather needs to have a firmness too it or it just looks terrible over time. Unlike most people who praise the tumbled parts of the royals and b/reds. I love the black parts and wish the whole shoe felt like that because that's what a real 1 feels like and they break in super well if worm enough. My UNCs and UK's feel amazing because they keep the materials pretty true to form.

For you softies worried about creases, you probably need these to go with your shields as well.

AJ1-SBB-T6I-4_grande.jpg

Better yet might as well just walk in Ziploc bags...

I know what you're saying man. That's crazy that it got that bad. I hate this tumbled look because it legitimately doesn't age well because it gets super malformed from the softness. JB should of just done full grain and left it at that. I love my metallic, yin yang, Chi's, black toes etc because they have that true to form feel to my 94s and my old 85s. The leather needs to have a firmness too it or it just looks terrible over time. Unlike most people who praise the tumbled parts of the royals and b/reds. I love the black parts and wish the whole shoe felt like that because that's what a real 1 feels like and they break in super well if worm enough. My UNCs and UK's feel amazing because they keep the materials pretty true to form.

Agree with all of this

Man, bless up lol I love creases and wrinkles. When I first got into the game, in order to get my grails at an affordable pricepoint I had to buy OGs, 01s etc that had the super worn look heavy but when this happens..
IMG_20180325_120702.jpg

It kills the whole look for me and makes me not wanna wear my ish. The OGs, 01s, 94s, 13s, 09s, etc don't ever crease like that with drastic dents forming in the toe area.
Are these your pairs? I never had any of this happen to mine...

No my pic :rofl:

Not gonna lie. I did that once or twice in my early years of sneaker hunting for grails. Like I was super stoked to have scooped DS '" MF DOOM" Nike SB Dunks but it was raining mad heavy. But that little phase lasted for like a second after a girl I liked a lot laughed hard as hell at my try-hard ness. After that, the need to keep sneakers pristine just went away for me.

Man, bless up lol I love creases and wrinkles. When I first got into the game, in order to get my grails at an affordable pricepoint I had to buy OGs, 01s etc that had the super worn look heavy but when this happens..
IMG_20180325_120702.jpg

It kills the whole look for me and makes me not wanna wear my ish. The OGs, 01s, 94s, 13s, 09s, etc don't ever crease like that with drastic dents forming in the toe area.

The fact that this bothers you so much and keep a collection of your dents for references makes me wonder if you have other underlying issues. I think you got a little bit of OCD, but I honestly just think your large feet aren't meant for casual shoes. I've seen your on feet pics in other threads, you say they're comfortable but the shoes look like they're about to burst at the seams.

The fact that this bothers you so much and keep a collection of your dents for references makes me wonder if you have other underlying issues. I think you got a little bit of OCD, but I honestly just think your large feet aren't meant for casual shoes. I've seen your on feet pics in other threads, you say they're comfortable but the shoes look like they're about to burst at the seams.

:lol:

Wow

They're comfortable to me. None of my shoes have bursted at the seams or come close. I literally have weird feet. (Flat foot, wide feet I can fit any thing comfortably from a 12-14 depending on style) I am a bit OCD about that one inconsistency in my kicks. I don' keep a collection of the pictures of dents. They are on my IG from when I was trying to solve this conundrum. I fixed it my way.

Also, hell no I aint stopping myself from getting and wearing the kicks I love due to your observation on what you see and what I should feel. I like a more snug secure feel on my shoes. I used to get corns from wearing a 13-14 in some of my favs and when I sized down that issue literally went away and my feet still felt very comfortable. I know some shoes I'll never be able to fit comfortably and thats ok. That's why I break down shoes to a science. I know fk racers will never fit me properly to the way Id like them, I know I cant wear Asics Gel-Lyte 3's due to the split tongue it widens too far and turns me off to the look, I stray away from shoes that are just one piece with no tongue that fit like socks because it looks strange to me and half the time I'd have to got to a sz 14 for a slightly bigger ankle opening. I already dont wear 70% of the shoes I'd love to rock because I know how they fit and feel, and I gauge how infrequently I'd wear them or not at all.

Last edited:
It was rumored a while back that ochres, clays and blue moons would drop together....but 6 rings is a completely new development.

Unless it's a mistake and ends up being blue moons...
Not to me, I called it a few pages back. Theyre dropping as 4 colorways of the same style starting with track reds.

Back
Top Bottom