• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMG_20180829_195752.jpg

JB is incapable of recreating an accurate Retro, just look at the ‘18 BC 3 abomination.

No, they hit the nail on the head, everyone now and then. Aside for the senseless “45”, 2016 Space Jams were damn near an exact replica of the OG 11 in the SJ cw (including addressing the Jumpman direction problem). Concords this year might legitimately be the best release of that model tbh. I understand that these releases are outliers though.

No, they hit the nail on the head, everyone now and then. Aside for the senseless “45”, 2016 Space Jams were damn near an exact replica of the OG 11 in the SJ cw (including addressing the Jumpman direction problem). Concords this year might legitimately be the best release of that model tbh. I understand that these releases are outliers though.

The “45” wasn’t senseless though considering that’s the exact number that was on the shoe when he wore them. The pairs that were mass produced in 2000 were wrong in that regard. I hear what you’re saying though, however we technically can only point to one model (XI), which proves my point. How can this Brand continuously botch their own product? I’m not buying the reasoning that if JB releases a complete accurate Retro, that we’ll stop buying that particular model. Honestly, that has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

The “45” wasn’t senseless though considering that’s the exact number that was on the shoe when he wore them. The pairs that were mass produced in 2000 were wrong in that regard. I hear what you’re saying though, however we technically can only point to one model (XI), which proves my point. How can this Brand continuously botch their own product? I’m not buying the reasoning that if JB releases a complete accurate Retro, that we’ll stop buying that particular model. Honestly, that has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

i love how people just crap on 45 like its nothing at all. there wouldnt be yall's beloved 23 without the 45 originally.

i love how people just crap on 45 like its nothing at all. there wouldnt be yall's beloved 23 without the 45 originally.

My point was that the 2016 release was damn near perfect and honestly a better retro than the 2000 release except for the “45.” This goes by the thought that the OG 2000 release had “23” for whatever reason and the 2016 release diverted from this design for whatever reason. The 2016 release was higher quality, better cut, and had much better packaging though so I think it’s probably the best release of the shoe, all things considered.

I’ll never understand why Nike/JB can’t replicate this shape. It can’t be THAT hard, right?

It’s not. They just choose not to.

We’ve been over this a ton but there are 2 reasons why IMO this hasn’t happened yet.

1. They need to always have that ace in their back pocket in case things really go south and they need to pull people back in. They need to stretch the interest for as many decades as they can.

2. Cost. Why spend the money on all of the details and craftsmanship when you are going to make the exact same number of sales and MORE profit by cutting corners? The consumer gives them no incentive to change as long as they keep selling out shoes.

2. Cost. Why spend the money on all of the details and craftsmanship when you are going to make the exact same number of sales and MORE profit by cutting corners? The consumer gives them no incentive to change as long as they keep selling out shoes.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? There aren’t any differences in cost to getting an accurate mold, shape or correct colors. The gymnastics in reasoning some of you guys do is downright embarrassing. The truth is JB is both lazy and incompetent.

Isn’t it ironic how the guys who are in charge of the Air Max line were able to recreate the Air Max 1 to its exact specifications (mold/ shape/ materials)? There was a video where they explained how the shoe had moved so far from the original and that they listened to the community. Air Max 1’s were still a strong selling model for Nike before the AM 1 Anniversary dropped, so Nike didn’t have to do anything. The difference is they listened to the consumer and made the much needed changes to that shoe.

1. They need to always have that ace in their back pocket in case things really go south and they need to pull people back in. They need to stretch the interest for as many decades as they can.

I think they could easily achieve and generate interest by dropping prices or slowing down release schedules. Nike/JB have enough popular models they have successfully been able to do this time and time again. Look at the rollercoaster popularity of Foamposites and their changing pricing structure, for example.

Back
Top Bottom