Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I think they could easily achieve and generate interest by dropping prices or slowing down release schedules. Nike/JB have enough popular models they have successfully been able to do this time and time again. Look at the rollercoaster popularity of Foamposites and their changing pricing structure, for example.

Lowering prices will never happen, if anything the trend is to always go up. They did kind of slow down on releases, this year we only had 1 OG. In 2016 they released 4 and I think they thought they were going to blow through their catalogue in no time. What was the rumor when they first started the remaster program? That all of the OGs would release by 2019? I remember the blogs were saying something like that.

The glitter residue stuff is the ******* worst. Bred 1's were the only pair of Jordans I kept in my collection and I was so happy with them. Only wore them like 4 or 5 times, then the next time I went to wear them, they were all ******* glittery/moldy. Cleaned them and then it's back the next day. I take really good care of my shoes, but literally nothing I could have done to avoid that Jordan Brand **** quality. Got rid of them as soon as I could.

90F4D3E0-809E-4A7A-8F48-D0DF4990CE0E.jpeg

From IG, as you can see.

Are those black tongue black toe...deconstructed 1’s? :rofl:

We’ll never get the true Black tongues

Not sure what kinda glitter you guys are getting that you gotta get rid of em. It's a nuisance but too easy to get rid of even when it comes back. My 2nd pair of 16 banneds had it when I broke em out a few months ago and after a while or repeated wears and wipe offs it's seems to have given up.

Not sure what kinda glitter you guys are getting that you gotta get rid of em. It's a nuisance but too easy to get rid of even when it comes back. My 2nd pair of 16 banneds had it when I broke em out a few months ago and after a while or repeated wears and wipe offs it's seems to have given up.

That’s what I’m thinking

It may just be a sealant on the black leather that is drying out, and the shoe will just glitter until all the sealant comes off

Lowering prices will never happen, if anything the trend is to always go up. They did kind of slow down on releases, this year we only had 1 OG. In 2016 they released 4 and I think they thought they were going to blow through their catalogue in no time. What was the rumor when they first started the remaster program? That all of the OGs would release by 2019? I remember the blogs were saying something like that.
As far as OG colorways of AJ 1's they slowed down but not the amount of remastered 1's. Last year they released 23 pairs to my count and this year we have 14 pairs already. That's not including the Chi H2H or satin SBB or Flyknits from either year. Plus there's another 8 pairs scheduled to release this year, 7 of which we have seen pics of already. The only one we have no pics of is the OG Metallic Purple. If that vintage whatever looking Blacktoe pair that was just posted drops this year then that's even more.

Last edited:
Never changed to to black button for me, had to go back to the main screen, click again, then when I did all of that it was sold out :lol:
That's what I get for trying to flip I guess.

I'm still shocked by the lowered price on the black cements. That was the first time I'd seen a nike or jordan retail price go lower. When I started looking at jordans in like middle school around 06, I believe retail was $135 for retros, I remember that price being on green beans. We haven't really gone down since.

Never changed to to black button for me, had to go back to the main screen, click again, then when I did all of that it was sold out :lol:
That's what I get for trying to flip I guess.
Yeah this thing where the reserve button doesn't light up when drop time happens is getting on my nerves. this is like the 6th time in the last 8 snkr passes where it didnt light up for me.

Then why did they choose to use the 94 mold instead of the 85? Do you really think they don't know and are just lazy? I don't claim to know which is why I said IMO, i just assume that there are cost factors (cuts, machining, labor, templates etc.) We know that saving a few cents for these companies means millions over hundreds of thousands of shoes.

The only thing the improved on the AM1 was the toe box shape, it wasn't an exact replica of the 87. They just stopped the toe box from dropping off to being more rounded. Even that wasn't true to the original.

airmax1want.jpg

rsufqhdcs3do4ijdhn4e.jpg

AM1s were going on clearance, they sold but the didn't sell at retail or close to it. They made the changes because they knew it would improve sales. The toe box was the quickest, easiest fix with the least cost to nike and it proved to be right.

As someone who owns the original 87 and the Anniversary pair; I can confidently say you don’t know what tf you’re talking about with that response. Do you though man, you seem to have it all figured out.

The glitter residue stuff is the ****ing worst. Bred 1's were the only pair of Jordans I kept in my collection and I was so happy with them. Only wore them like 4 or 5 times, then the next time I went to wear them, they were all ****ing glittery/moldy. Cleaned them and then it's back the next day. I take really good care of my shoes, but literally nothing I could have done to avoid that Jordan Brand **** quality. Got rid of them as soon as I could.

because of glitter? Do you get rid of your kicks because they get a little dirt on them too :lol:

Back
Top Bottom