Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
long story its basically salty resellers mad they cant tell people what to pay instead people pay what its worth....to them which 9 times out of 10 is above msrp.... they mad stock x is taking a cut but they dont have to sell there they can sell on their own its just a platform

That's what the bid feature is for. Buyers can still pay what they want.
I've never resold my kicks so I don't know how the landscape looks like, but I do know you can constantly undercut by $1 with no penalty, which is kind of dumb on a bidding platform.

Passports don’t have an address.
Exactly they don’t have addresses. I called again and they said a lot of people are calling and temporary cards won’t work because of the name. She said the names has to match the card otherwise it gets forfeited. This doesn’t make sense and they should let you pay however you want. Gotta be a way around this

it sounds like hes accusing stock x of having their own personal stock of releases they sell which dilutes the resell price from actual normal sellers on their site

Hey did make 1 comment in the 1st part about that, the rest was about undercutting of prices and if StockX would stop price undercutting. If StockX did have stock they were selling I don't see how that is different from people who work at FC and sell in the store, which we know happens. IMO the key is Luber says no one is forcing the seller to sell at a lower price, they have the right to choose to hold on to their product and sell at the price they want to.

Speaking of StockX, do they have a facility in Jersey now? I dropped off a pair of shoes last night that got picked up today and supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I looked again at the label and saw a Jersey address. Also a I have a pair I purchased that is "waiting to be picked up by UPS" status today that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I'm in NY, nowhere near Detroit. The pair I bought on Monday, which was a holiday, was shipped by the seller late Tuesday. Which means it would most likely got picked up on Wednesday, then delivered to StockX today and ready to be delivered to me tomorrow? I'm not complaining but that's crazy service.

rick2345 rick2345 Oh yeah, they're usually raffles. They told me to call back and I called earlier and they said FCFS. Only a handful of Shoe Palaces did raffles. My friends that live in San Francisco called all the ones around them and they're FCFS. Newpark, Eastridge, Oakridge and Valley Fair were the only spots that raffled from what I know.

As someone who works in the finance industry I feel the need to chime in here. This is EXACTLY how the stock market works. Guy asking the questions has a fundamental misunderstanding of what a free market is. Luber is right, they aren’t going to step in to that and shouldn’t. They’re acting as a middle man.

StockX is designed to mimic the stock market and that’s exactly what they’re doing very accurately honestly. The way the Bid/Ask works and everything. Exactly like the market. Stock X is effectively a “market maker” stepping in to help provide “liquidity” for a fee. For them to step in would be to remove the idea of a free market.

Products are worth what people are willing to buy/sell at. If someone is willing to sell lower than you then their offer will get picked up by a buyer before yours. Basic supply/demand. This question comes from someone butthurt he can’t set the price and the market does.

What a lame *** question / crowd that cheered him on.

Guy is literally whining about reselling. I'd be embarrassed to even ask something like that, especially in such a public forum

Exactly. It goes both ways too. As a buyer if I said I only want to pay retail I can’t force resellers to sell shoes to me at that price. They’re only going to sell for what they think a shoe is worth. And if somebody is willing to pay more than I am the seller are going to sell to the higher bid. By his logic as a buyer I should be able to pay whatever I want and that’s not how it works.

Welcome to capitalism mr. reseller.

IMG_20181115_204218.jpg
Jordan brand showing no signs of slowing down on the 1s. Via DJ Folk

where did you get this info from? My wife and I both won. We have the same address
What I meant was.
Same name and address are tracked down.
If people will use different I. D but with same name and same address.
Most folks entered have the same name, same last four digits same address.

What a lame *** question / crowd that cheered him on.

Guy is literally whining about reselling. I'd be embarrassed to even ask something like that, especially in such a public forum

Why though? StockX is for sellers just as much as it is for buyers.

Back
Top Bottom