Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My red bottoms
IMG_20190105_113241.jpg
IMG_20190105_113350.jpg

upload_2019-1-5_9-52-30.png

Here's a thought. NFR and SI's are very boring colorways that take from Black/White. So why is one championed while the other is a brick and slept on. Is it hype? Is the NFR more trendy? What are your thoughts? If the NFR were a massive GR would you all feel the same way about your pairs or would you be waiting for them to hit a low point or would you skip em entirely? Both seem boring as hell to me with little high points. Love the quality of SI's and the swoosh. I dig the text on the back and the sole of NFR. But if both released the same way I still wouldn't be too keen on giving up my money for retail.

Here's a thought. NFR and SI's are very boring colorways that take from Black/White. So why is one championed while the other is a brick and slept on. Is it hype? Is the NFR more trendy? What are your thoughts? If the NFR were a massive GR would you all feel the same way about your pairs or would you be waiting for them to hit a low point or would you skip em entirely? Both seem boring as hell to me with little high points. Love the quality of SI's and the swoosh. I dig the text on the back and the sole of NFR. But if both released the same way I still wouldn't be too keen on giving up my money for retail.

Hype!!

If the nfr didnt have all that stupid writing on them I would be in for a pair of each for sure. Even if it was a lot more subtle I would still be in but as is they are mega cheesey and what they are going for is even more insane to me. Of course all this is imho

the text of the NFRs completely kill it for me. if it was just a plain design, i’d prolly cop without question. i dig that different colorblocking and being from chicago, there’s no such thing as a shortage of black/white/red colorways in the rotation.

The NFR's are a really nice colorway and the leather is really good. The NFR's are a perfect release minus the writing. The SI's are just average to me with subpar leather.

If the nfr didnt have all that stupid writing on them I would be in for a pair of each for sure. Even if it was a lot more subtle I would still be in but as is they are mega cheesey and what they are going for is even more insane to me. Of course all this is imho

Yea they’re a corny attempt at off-whiting

Damn, am I the one that’s bragging??? Or was that for someone else? That wasn’t my intent. It’s kind of a running joke to post burgers and boosts in the boosts thread but I switched it up here.

nah my comment wasnt directed at you at all. ive never seen you brag about money. ive seen your pics and theyre great. keep posting em.

my comment was directed at a certain clown who constantly comes in here and tries to belittle people by throwing his supposed wealth in their faces. and then to use the lords name and say god bless after doing a dbag thing like that? thats pathetic. that is proof that money cant buy class.

and i say supposed wealth because i know of nobody who supposedly has mucho money but cant figure out how to pay for a simple $500 purchase. dude supposedly still has a few credit cards left open and active but refuses to use any of em so that he can put himself in situation where he has issues paying for a purchase? SUS.

Only if @ltra1n and mikeycorleone mikeycorleone come to and squash the beef!

I’d honestly pay to see these two go at it in the octagon. Proceeds can go to the winners favorite charity. :lol:

I personally am not a fan of the NFR because of the writing all over the shoe, it’s a cheap gimmick in my eyes. Without that writing; I’m all in because I’m a huge fan of the colorway.

As for the SI’s; I’m a huge fan because I’m a huge Jordan fan. I grew up on Money and witnessed his entire career. I also had a Sports Illustrared subscription throughout the 80’s & 90’s, so the theme definitely resonates with me.

For me NFR are just hype there is no work there they just wrote poor inscription on it, to make like a stupid kind of off-white style.
But SI actually have a real story behind it so for me SI are just underrated but are clearly better than NFR

Back
Top Bottom