Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Not even lol for being from 01 those are pretty damn good condition. Some signs of wear but I wouldn't ever deem those as beat. Theres still stars and no heel drag to the point of seeing white.

Thank you man I don’t think he understands how old these are 90% stars no heel drag no yellow lol good luck trying to find a pair like this for 134

I think he is tripping that’s just me ... oh did I mention OG Royal laces and OG box and even the card!

4B246AC8-3346-40E7-9E87-3B3086D28606.jpeg
89C6A781-3DB6-43A3-83A9-44C63F9096D9.jpeg
048B2659-7849-46BA-9E13-A94298334A4A.jpeg
47C97A77-64D0-49F2-8CDA-01498DF9F09C.jpeg

Dropped my OG Chicago’s off earlier today with the gentleman who will be restoring them for me. Super excited to finally get this project off the ground.

Thanks again @jshortt for the recommendation!

I’m not a used shoe guy, but those royals are dope and u caught them at a great price.

The newer generation of 1 enthusiast may not remember how hyped the royals were just a couple years back.

2013s royals were basically frag prices before frags. 01s in any condition $100+

Trust me my guy, you came up big.

they didnt slow down, they ran out

How are you going to say “they ran out” when we have a bunch of un-retroed OG Metallic cws and Neutral greys?

I know you probably didn’t mean any harm but you should really do some research into what was released before spewing ignorant statements like this.

How are you going to say “they ran out” when we have a bunch of un-retroed OG Metallic cws and Neutral greys?

I know you probably didn’t mean any harm but you should really do some research into what was released before spewing ignorant statements like this.
I said it before when the shadows dropped. Enjoy the last guaranteed OG 1 release. Granted, Neutral Greys will probably release considering it was on the unions, but my original point still holds water. You already know Ive done plenty of research so dont crucify me on a technicality and consider the chance that I might have thought out my comment more thoroughly than it looks upon first glance. The metallics, though great for resellers in the end, did nothing for Nike. So naturally theyre probably apprehensive on releasing the entire set and taking those inevitable outlet Ls. Especially considering they had trouble selling the two strongest colors. If they release another it'll probably be the green one since the Blazer set recently did so well. A super limited run for the rest might not be worth the trouble just to appease a few collectors. If I were in charge of things Id just let people choose the rest of whats available in metallics in a Nike ID kind of situation. Just get them over with in one quick sweep while minimizing sales racks.
I believe the neutral grays will be the final OG if they release, but like i said its not guaranteed and likely to be a summer release. 2020 will probably usher in a new mold, and summer 2019 isnt here yet.... We all knew shadows were dropping so as it stands now, its open ended. That leaves them more room to play with more retro plus colorways before they feel pressured to close it out. So, yeah, they didnt slow down, they ran out of them. If they release the last couple of oddball OG colorways then that puts more pressure on them regarding the next big swoosh (hopefully arched midsole) OG mold run that the unions seemed to have potentially prepared us for. Theyre probably being strategic on the best moment to end the run/ vs best time of year for those colorways/ vs holding off on it until they know the next mold is ready. I dont necessarily mean to imply that they literally ran out of OGs, it was meant more like they only slowed down because there's not much left of it, not because they wanted to punish OG lovers with retro plusses. But I thought all of this went without saying.

So what's realistically left to drop from this run? The green metallics, Neutrals, Black patent golds, and what? Lakers? The only one out of that list that would realistically handle a GR production would be the neutral grays and they have the unions to thank for that. At this point theyre probably more focused on the next mold for 2020. I see the Neutrals having the best chance for a sellout in May or June. I can also see them saving it for christmas. So there you go.

Last edited:
I know Im probably not even close to the only one who's burnt out on this current mold and over it. I've lost interest in it and JB seems to have as well with these latest colorways and 2019 spring/summer release bs. It's glaringly obvious that they're on fumes. The new mold HAS to be right around the corner.

Then again there's the Gentry Factor to consider.

The smart move would be to reintroduce the 1 for 2020 with an honest attempt to recreate the original. The Gentry Factor could cause an unwanted/ unforeseen jumpman to occur. He's a wildcard and unpredictable. Anything is possible now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom