Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I think game royals > royals. Needs that extra bit of white.

tenor.gif

Obviously, but I'm saying, why can't new iterations be better than OG? A lot of people tend to have that opinion that OGs trump all.

That's why I included "For me" and "IMO", and said "Agreed" instead of "Confirmed fact". There is no objective ranking, and hype and resale value don't equal most people's preference/rankings.

That's why I included "For me" and "IMO", and said "Agreed" instead of "Confirmed fact". There is no objective ranking, and hype and resale value don't equal most people's preference/rankings.

Right, and I also said "A lot of people tend to have that opinion that OGs trump all."

I just wanted to know why you feel that way - that OGs just trumps all no matter how any new colorways look. So if there was this amazing colorway that ends up dropping, it can never top your list because it's not an OG?

Right, and I also said "A lot of people tend to have that opinion that OGs trump all."

I just wanted to know why you feel that way - that OGs just trumps all no matter how any new colorways look. So if there was this amazing colorway that ends up dropping, it can never top your list because it's not an OG?

Not saying that it never will, just that it never has, and therefore likely won't. There is certainly nostalgia and familiarity involved, but of the hundreds of iterations of Jordan 1s that have released over the decades, the Chicago, Storm Blue, Shadow, and Breds in closest to original format with quality leather material are still my favorites. I do a bit of customizing too, so I've played with and modified/changed colorways quite a bit as well. Still doesn't beat those 4 for me. The shape of the swoosh on those Unions does things to me, I love the yellowed edges and leathers used, and that they're honoring the originals in a great way, but those 4 are still the best for me.

At this point, every Jordan 1 release is a tribute to the originals, or a tribute to something else in the format of a Jordan 1. Someone doing a Beatles cover song or sampling a James Brown track in a new hip-hop record can be fantastic, or a new Batman movie can be good, or a new Mario Brothers video game can be good, but those things can't really exist without the original, or at the very least is likely aided by your familiarity with or nostalgia for the original. The Union 1s are great because of the OG 1s. Someone liking them better than OG 1s is certainly a possibility, and for those not as familiar with the originals or not as passionate about the originals, that possibility would be greater, because they are great shoes, but those 4 are still the best for me.

Haven't owned a pair of chicagos unfortunately, but I am in love with my BTs. Has a nice mix of black, white, and color and goes with everything. Between breds, royals, and shadows I couldn't pick just one so I kept all three. Shadows definitely get the most wears out of the three though.

Anyone who has the track pants or jacket that dropped a while ago know how they fit.. been looking for them for a while and I want to cop if I see them but need to know how they fit compared to say some tech fit sweats/hoodie.

You talking about the OG blue label suit? The pants that got posted a couple of pages ago? I have both the black/red and black/royal, and imo the pants run a little slim in the legs. The jacket is more of an athletic cut, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it slim. If you're in between sizes, I'd suggest sizing up.

Breds and Royals are cool but theyre not better than the Shadows in this current run.

All 3 have their place, but if one of the 3 is made with better materials then you have to go with that. The breds would win by default if all 3 were made equally. But the 2016s shortcomings push the W to Shadows. Royals won the last round. Perhaps the bred will have its day with the next. I heard rumors its coming this year? Hopefully with the bigger swoosh.

If you got chis and shadows from this round you won. Black toes being a close runner up.

Eh, colorway wise Game Royals>Chicagos.

Chicagos are one of the weakest OG colorways.

IMO of course...................

I can see why y'all have to argue about recent retro colorways and quality when you don't have a pair of crisp 94 Chicagos with original box, paper, and retro card.

Carry on :wink:

So just because it isn't OG, it can't be better? :emoji_thinking: You say that the end result is phenomenal, so why can't it be better than an OG colorway to you?

I personally love both Union pairs more than the Shadows. In my opinion, the Shadows are definitely more versatile - but that doesn't make it better to me. I think the Unions just look much better than the Shadows.

It can’t be better in the same way seeing the Statue of Liberty (or a pyramid) in Vegas is not better than seeing lady liberty in the NYC harbor. retro+ colorways are standing on the shoulders of OGs and at best they can be spoken about in the same caliber as OGs.

Last edited:
Always love the GOAT conversations. Never a right answer, but I love to hear the arguments. The question should be posed as if you could only have one Jordan 1 for the rest of your life, then what would you choose? That's the GOAT shoe for you.

I've always thought the best OG colorway is the black toes followed by the shadows.

Back
Top Bottom