Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I think those have already been posted. Also not a fan and I’m wearing my unions today

1D23AE70-101F-476D-96AE-A77C95872BAA.jpeg

those blk shoe boxes are tough! too bad i’m 24 boxes in already with the white....

anyone plan on wearing LA2Chi and NY2Paris as is and letting them naturally fade?

those blk shoe boxes are tough! too bad i’m 24 boxes in already with the white....

anyone plan on wearing LA2Chi and NY2Paris as is and letting them naturally fade?
I’m going to let them go normally unless one of my ideas gets done.

Lakers 90k+

Unions 5,800 range...

I think that’s what DJ Folk said inside the TS1 thread a couple weeks ago...
Those Lakers numbers are impossible. I’ve seen that number shared, and I’ve posted sources from insta myself. But - no way. They didn’t hit enough retailers for that to be true. Unless SNKRS dropped 70,000 pair.

In reality how did the lance mountains age with just casual wear. did the paint actually come off with a couple wears every few weeks?

The Lm paint won’t come off much through wear.
Please don’t ruin your lakers because you don’t have chicagos. So many people stripped the LM completely because they didn’t have breds/royals.
They still don’t, and now they don’t have what made LM cool to begin with.

Those Lakers numbers are impossible. I’ve seen that number shared, and I’ve posted sources from insta myself. But - no way. They didn’t hit enough retailers for that to be true. Unless SNKRS dropped 70,000 pair.

That's a worldwide number though. A lot went to various skate shops and boutiques scattered across the world.

Leather spew is a real term, genius. Save the lectures, I’m not throwing up on my shoes.
Easy there, big fella - I have never once heard of that in my entire life. Maybe you should've said "leather spew" in your initial post, "genius.":rolleyes

The LA to Chis are solid, but not top 20 IMO. They’d be higher up for me if both the Chi side and the LA side were executed better. The contrast stitching, black outsole, and white w/ black tongue tag on the Chi side aren’t even close to the regular Chis. If JB released a “Chi Alternate,” or something like that, and it had all these differentiating characteristics, I feel like we’d all be up in arms talking about “they’re OK, but why’d you ruin the classics JB,” or something of that nature. As for the Lakers side, while they’re a shade of purple and a shade of yellow, the shades aren’t quite Lakers IMO. I agree that Lakers shades aren’t the best in terms of wearability because they’re so damn bright (I’d prefer them brighter but that’s me), Lakers are supposed to be bright IMO. Also, I again feel that the outsole, stitching, and tongue tag does these no favors. Again, I feel that if these LAs were released as is without the rub off nature, we wouldn’t have them that high up.

Ultimately, while the rub off aesthetic is cool, I feel that neither color (before or after rubbed off) is a top all-time execution. The LMs were both a first of its kind to my knowledge in terms of the rub off aesthetic on 1s, and rubbed off to classic pairs. So they’re cool IMO, but not top like that.

That's a worldwide number though. A lot went to various skate shops and boutiques scattered across the world.
I dunno. Assume there are 300 SB shops
In the world (there are only ~150 in the US), and each got 50 pairs (mine got 8 ), that accounts for 15K. (Real numbers are probably closer to 200 shops averaging 25 pairs.)

I don’t see how they can get to that number without footsites getting stock.

Back
Top Bottom