Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Mike Rich did an early look video of the Gym Red/White/Black 1s (glossy black joints) with some good close-up looks and some on-feet with black and with red laces, laced and loose, jeans and black tech fleece. It actually has me considering them now, though I'd probably still spray a coat of matte finish over the black to tone down the gloss.
1:45 to get past the advertisement section, and 8:55 for on-feet

Black/Reds are overrated because of the “BANNED” attachment. Chicago’s, Royals, Union Black toes, and Black toes all superior.

Now you got some nerve to call somebody a troll here. You should be banned from planet Earth for this ridiculous atrocity you call a opinion

Banneds forever the GOAT 1 and most identifiable idc what anyone says. Prior to the last couple years banneds have always had a special place in sneaker culture and I’d dare say even mainstream popularity.

Chicago’s have definitely been retro’d Less but I don’t even remember the demand being this crazy until the remastered fiasco happened.

I do however love Chi’s and recognize how iconic they are.

From my perspective, JB definitely has kept the Chis a lot more vaulted than any of the Chicago Bulls OGs (Chis, Blk/Reds, and Blk Toes), and they’ve been a lot more selective in when/how they release them. However, I’d argue that the Blk/Red (Banned, Bred, etc.) are their crown jewel Jordan 1, when you consider the narrative they’ve created around them (though we know it’s not exactly true), the number of times they’ve dropped them, and just how iconic that pair is.
You dont advertise when it isnt necessary. If they felt they needed a campaign for banneds whats that tell you? A campaign that apparently was so impactful it has us calling them banneds like its always been that way mind you.

The chicago 1 is what they use to start a new mold run. (Which is why im still doubtful about this supposed 85 bred black friday rumor). They dont just throw this shoe out there, it has significance. Its also probably why you wont see a satin chicago 1, or flyknit chicago. They dont disgrace them like that. They stopped any kind of that nonsense with the alphas.

You dont advertise when it isnt necessary. If they felt they needed a campaign for banneds whats that tell you?

The chicago 1 is what they use to start a new mold run. (Which is why im still doubtful about this supposed 85 bred black friday rumor). They dont just throw this shoe out there, it has significance. Its also probably why you wont see a satin chicago 1, or flyknit chicago. They dont disgrace them like that. They stopped any kind of that nonsense with the alphas.
Actually frags were the first remastered.

Actually frags were the first remastered.
Do they really count if it was such a limited release? i can see them releasing frags like that to guage the consumers opinion on the new shape without going too far with it. Frags were met with mass approval and boom, they signed off on the new mold and ordered a run of chis. A few production months later and we got them in may

First remastered gr then

(Cant wait for those frag 3s)

Last edited:
E7B223E0-9E46-4F07-A6F2-21B168E97D65.jpeg

No this is outer worldly trolling

I’ll say this, overrated was the wrong word. They are definitely at the bottom of top 5 though. They are 5th.

STOP doing that you go from thread to thread causing a widespread epidemic of I can’t believe what he just said we get it you like to stir the pot please give it a rest. Call me troll or whatever you want but you can’t disrespect a icon like the banned think about what you saying I’m trying to help you not be a laughing stock in the sneaker community. Take this advice it will only help in the long run.

STOP doing that you go from thread to thread causing a widespread epidemic of I can’t believe what he just said we get it you like to stir the pot please give it a rest. Call me troll or whatever you want but you can’t disrespect a icon like the banned think about what you saying I’m trying to help you not be a laughing stock in the sneaker community. Take this advice it will only help in the long run.

Laughing stock in the sneaker community? What? NT? :lol:

Man, I been into kicks for 20+ years, before all the hype and before NT existed. I am for real when it comes to this ****. You don’t have to agree with my takes, but they’re coming from a genuine place. Not sure about you.

Laughing stock in the sneaker community? What? NT? :lol:

Man, I been into kicks for 20+ years, before all the hype and before NT existed. I am for real when it comes to this ****. You don’t have to agree with my takes, but they’re coming from a genuine place. Not sure about you.

Look it ain’t about me but saying banned are bottom 5 is foolish FYI I did COD ( Cash on delivery) for OG Jordan iv from eastbay so I’m in no way green around the collar to this scene either

Look it ain’t about me but saying banned are bottom 5 is foolish FYI I did COD ( Cash on delivery) for OG Jordan iv from eastbay so I’m in no way green around the collar to this scene either

Never accused you of being green. And NO I did not say Black/Red is bottom 5..,. I said bottom of the TOP 5... 5th best 1.

Mike Rich did an early look video of the Gym Red/White/Black 1s (glossy black joints) with some good close-up looks and some on-feet with black and with red laces, laced and loose, jeans and black tech fleece. It actually has me considering them now, though I'd probably still spray a coat of matte finish over the black to tone down the gloss.
1:45 to get past the advertisement section, and 8:55 for on-feet

I imagine a quick rub of alcohol would get rid of the gloss

Back
Top Bottom