• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
B5CC8AAD-CF58-4800-B3B0-BD00B0614127.jpeg
2BD3A4B0-77F5-4C96-9C44-83674203A78D.jpeg
9630EA49-3B12-4DF9-A0AE-AC79F6346C05.jpeg

Missing a lot of the older retros and OGs which are deep in storage but decided to take a group 4x4 shot of some of my favorite 1 retros in recent years. Even with 16 took forever to put them back loll. Favorite row?
Beast mode. Row 3 gang.

Can y’all at least stop with the grave references and photoshops? Not really all that funny anymore and I actually consider it to be kinda disrespectful, even to your own selfs. Never been a fan of playing like that. In other words, I know this is the internet, but have some class guys. We’re all here for the shoes. No need for all that.

BB9FEC83-C738-49ED-81AE-C76D5E0B552E.gif

son crushed it. i'm sick right now will have to post a few pages later lol. jk dope pic.

not gonna lie, I had a few of the shoes in the last pic above but sold them and had to scroll passed the pic quickly to not feel a certain type of way.
smh. you hurting feelings out here son.

That mars royals joint is insane.

Yeah love the details on them but also the connection of the colorway to the film She’s Gotta Have It. The “1/3” is a reference to the 3 sutors that Nola had. The dark blue is for the fact that Mars wore Royals in the film although in black and white (in the promo for the film he’s seen wearing Royals). Here’s a complex article passage (highly recommend the read) on how Spike Lee was found for the directing role of the Wieden and Kennedy ads through a trailer for his movie (the same in which he wears Royals),

“Bill Davenport and I were in Los Angeles editing our first Jordan spot. It was pretty much standard fare for a Nike spot circa 1987: show the athlete being the athlete and have Pytka shoot it. Anyway, during some downtime we went and saw a fairly dreadful movie called About Last Night. The movie was a complete waste of celluloid, save for a trailer for some movie we never heard of called She’s Gotta Have It from some filmmaker we never heard of named Spike Lee.

Long story short as possible: Davenport and I go see the movie in Portland. There’s a character in the movie named Mars Blackmon who so loves the man Air Jordan and the shoes Air Jordans, when he has the chance to sleep with the girl of his dreams he won’t remove his Jordans.”

There’s so much storytelling and history involved with pairs but with so many releases in between a lot of the details get lost. Love how connected to JB this PE is but they glazed over it when Spike dropped them in his Brooklyn studio.
https://www.complex.com/sneakers/2016/09/how-shes-gotta-have-it-changed-sneaker-culture-forever
334220E5-3891-4016-9DEB-A1DD969A6DD5.jpeg 9F5CF0E1-96B0-4E04-9032-FE203EC047D3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom