• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20200417_230636.jpg

Love my shadows quality. Nice leathery smell too.

Leather talk:
Posted a professional leather worker examining a pair of shattered backboards a page or two ago and no comments. Everyone’s an expert already I guess?

Let’s learn something (like the pores, the grain, terminology, synthetic, inconsistencies) but hey, easier to throw opinions around just based on one pair of made in china Jordan’s to another

All I know is, out of the 10 pairs of J1s I own, excluding the Pinnacles as I believe those are the only ones made out of real leather... hyper royals feel the most plush. Wheats are really nice too but they're the only pair of suede 1s I own so hard to compare. My N7 high straps definitely feel different (cheaper, more stiff cardboard like) from all my high OGs.

Leather talk:
Posted a professional leather worker examining a pair of shattered backboards a page or two ago and no comments. Everyone’s an expert already I guess?

Let’s learn something (like the pores, the grain, terminology, synthetic, inconsistencies) but hey, easier to throw opinions around just based on one pair of made in china Jordan’s to another

I don't people really care THAT much. We understand it's not overly high quality leather on a $160 sneaker.

I get it. But pages of threads continue about comparing leather, just seems like uninformed discussion. It’s all good

Yea I feel you. And I don't know if I came across as brushing you off by the way, I actually watched the video. I enjoyed it. He said the orange leather is good and the black sucks, as expected. But overall impressed with it for a $160 shoe.

Yea I feel you. And I don't know if I came across as brushing you off by the way, I actually watched the video. I enjoyed it. He said the orange leather is good and the black sucks, as expected. But overall impressed with it for a $160 shoe.
👍👍

all Nike "leather" is cheap stuff, even the genuine leather. as you get older and get into other hobbies that involve leather, then the difference becomes obvious. I like my 1's and sneakers in general for their design/history/comfort. of course I still want the best I can get for my money so give me sbb leather rather than turbo greens.

the pair below the Melo Knicks 1's...I thought they were the Doernbecher XV's :lol:

I was viewing on my small Iphone screen at 4 in the morning cause I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep 🤷‍♂️

Leather talk:

Thanks for posting that. I always knew the black leather on the SBB’s is cheap. People talk that whole shoe up but it’s only the orange and sail colors that are good. They use that cheap black leather on the Bred’s and Royal’s too.

I believe he would’ve been more impressed with the 2011 Banned 1’s for a Jordan shoe.

jaynev jaynev been subbed to rose anvil for a few months now. Bought a few wallets that he reviewed: stock and barrel, rose anvil, and craft and lore wallets. Was gonna post his leather quality vid in here a couple months ago but forgot to. having some top grain veg tan and chrome tanned leather, opened up my eyes about the different types of leather portions and processes. If anyone needs a classy wallet, I’d highly recommend the stock and barrel wallets, although ALL three that I bought were magnificently crafted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom