Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My mom knows about my love for sneakers and made me this mask to match my unions, I feel like a kid on Christmas right now lol

20200418_110029.jpg

jaynev jaynev been subbed to rose anvil for a few months now. Bought a few wallets that he reviewed: stock and barrel, rose anvil, and craft and lore wallets. Was gonna post his leather quality vid in here a couple months ago but forgot to. having some top grain veg tan and chrome tanned leather, opened up my eyes about the different types of leather portions. If anyone needs a classy wallet, I’d highly recommend the stock and barrel wallets, although ALL three that I bought were magnificently crafted.
Awesome. I’m going to check out his wallet reviews too.
I have this company local to me, I have their card sleeve, folding card holder, and a backpack. Was lucky enough to do some modeling work with them in the past.They do amazing stuff.

If you want high quality leather products, look for companies that use Horween, Herman Oak, S.B. Foot Tanning, etc. leather. Then you can get into chrome tanned, shell cordovan, and other leather type

Ended up snagging a pair of the Purps for retail off FTL today. Some of y’all might rag on me but idc. Had some disposable coins so said F it. For retail I guess it won’t hurt to at least see if I like them in person. It’s not that I never “liked” the shoe. I always liked these purps in theory (will always despise the leather tag tho) but I’m not so much as upset with the tongue tag as I am with just the overall state of AJ1s in general right now. It’s bad IMO. My beef is mainly with JB not giving the people what they really want like GR OG cut metallic purps and stuff like that but I digress. We’ll see if FTL actually ships.

Nothing to really elaborate on, I just don’t like the leather tongue tag. I’ve yet to own any AJ1s with the leather tag since they’ve been doing it and doesn’t look like that’s changing. Sure it’s not an OG cw but it does have OG colorblocking and therefore should’ve most definitely come with a standard AJ1 nylon/cotton NA tag IMO. They should’ve left it at ROTYs and stopped. JB kept it going so I’m going keep my money going on wallet. Don’t worry. They’ll find a way to get my money one way or another tho lol.
🧐

Yep. Bad enough it’s not an OG cw. At least give me OG aesthetics. At this point JB needs to give me massed produced OG cws in the new 85 mold or give me nothing. They can kinda keep all these watered down spin offs. Maybe I would’ve been compelled to copp something like these 2 years ago but enough is enough for me already. Last good 1 release that I can remember getting even remotely excited for we’re the obsidians. Been pretty much down hill from there IMO.
🤔

Nothing to really elaborate on, I just don’t like the leather tongue tag. I’ve yet to own any AJ1s with the leather tag since they’ve been doing it and doesn’t look like that’s changing. Sure it’s not an OG cw but it does have OG colorblocking and therefore should’ve most definitely come with a standard AJ1 nylon/cotton NA tag IMO. They should’ve left it at ROTYs and stopped. JB kept it going so I’m going keep my money going on wallet. Don’t worry. They’ll find a way to get my money one way or another tho lol.
FT33s.gif

Leather talk:
Posted a professional leather worker examining a pair of shattered backboards a page or two ago and no comments. Everyone’s an expert already I guess?

Let’s learn something (like the pores, the grain, terminology, synthetic, inconsistencies) but hey, easier to throw opinions around just based on one pair of made in china Jordan’s to another
Man someone needs to ask him about the glitter on the black leather seems like he would know

UNC didn’t even have great leather-just hype after off whites dropped. Shadows were good but my pairs were smooth leather and nothing to write home about.

The VERY FEW people who continue to complain and bellyache about the court purple 1s: I have a solution-DONT BUY THEM!! Bunch of Debby downers I swear.
Gym reds had better quality then uncs but people weren't feeling the colorway I guess..... probably the best quality leather last year tbh.

Back
Top Bottom