Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Had to off my backup pair because of that damn glitter. :smh:

Question for the thread:

If yall knew about glitter gate before they dropped those pairs, would you still have copped ?

True....but it always comes back. Paying 160+ for a flawed product is unacceptable. (imo)

I'd probably pass, but I don't regret buying any of the pairs in question. ONLY because my pairs (outside from the Breds I had to flip) haven't suffered from this.

(Knock on wood, though... haven't checked my Shadows in months.)

I think it varies pair to pair, how much you wear them, how you store them and based on where you live.

i have remastered Royals, bred, Chicago, storm blue, gold toes, a couple metallics, and Shadows 1s from the last 4 years and they hardly have had any glitter develop.

I just wear them, Store them in plastic bins not cardboard box, and I don’t live somewhere humid.

I think I’ve had to wipe a little bit of glitter off with leather cleaning wipes maybe twice in 4+ years.

but yes also seen the horror stories on here where it looks like someone dumped a box of ground up Frosted Flakes all over they shoe

I guess my point is it’s a major case of YMMV

I think it varies pair to pair, how much you wear them, how you store them and based on where you live.

i have remastered Royals, bred, Chicago, storm blue, gold toes, a couple metallics, and Shadows 1s from the last 4 years and they hardly have had any glitter develop.

I just wear them, Store them in plastic bins not cardboard box, and I don’t live somewhere humid.

I think I’ve had to wipe a little bit of glitter off with leather cleaning wipes maybe twice in 4+ years.

but yes also seen the horror stories on here where it looks like someone dumped a box of ground up Frosted Flakes all over they shoe

I guess my point is it’s a major case of YMMV
glitter affects only certain black based pairs.....out of the ones you listed, it would only be your royals and breds.

I heard some people prefer the glitter lol, shows authenticity cause the top quality fakes don’t do it. But I guess you can just sprinkle some glitter on anything.

Who wants to wipe off glitter every time they wear they shoes?
tenor (1).gif

I’m still sitting here waiting on the Yellow Toes. I really hope those don’t get scrapped.
Remember when those first started getting rumored end of last year. Was super excited till I heard the news it was pushed back/axed. Still a must have for me. Funny that goat has pairs up for 2k

Remember when those first started getting rumored end of last year. Was super excited till I heard the news it was pushed back/axed. Still a must have for me. Funny that goat has pairs up for 2k

End of last year? Yellow toes been rumored for a while

This is the supposed permanent fix for the glitter effect.

LMspew-2__10802.1555680384.jpg

Leather Master Spew Remover
For use on A, P and N leather types

Spew refers to the natural fats that spew from the inside of leather to the surface. Spew on the surface of leather looks like a milky film, haze or small white dots. Though rare, it is most often seen in Aniline leathers. It may be wiped away with a cloth, but will reappear soon after. Applying Spew Remover to the surface wipes away the spew and absorbs into the leather to lock remaining fat liquors inside the leather to prevent reappearance.

This is the supposed permanent fix for the glitter effect.

LMspew-2__10802.1555680384.jpg

Leather Master Spew Remover
For use on A, P and N leather types

Spew refers to the natural fats that spew from the inside of leather to the surface. Spew on the surface of leather looks like a milky film, haze or small white dots. Though rare, it is most often seen in Aniline leathers. It may be wiped away with a cloth, but will reappear soon after. Applying Spew Remover to the surface wipes away the spew and absorbs into the leather to lock remaining fat liquors inside the leather to prevent reappearance.
Got some. Applied it a couple times. Glitter still comes back.

Back
Top Bottom