• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMG_20200609_132257.jpg

Coworker ordered a fake pair of Chicago's from one of these fake China sellers that says they're 1:1. I had to compare them to my legit pair (from eastbay) and damn they're pretty close. In hand, side by side, in natural light they look very close. Only things I really noticed was on the real pair, the swoosh is a bit bigger, the leather is softer, and the toe box is a bit slimmer. Beside that, I'm sure on feet and a bit broken in you wouldn't be able to tell at all. Be careful if you're still trying to cop a pair
How much did he pay??

I'm trying to imagine being able to tell if there wasn't an authentic one right next to it to be able to compare. Maybe by the toebox, but that could be tough to make a call on if the fake is in a different size than you're used to. Maybe how the materials feel. I haven't held a fake pair before, but I can't imagine they'd use as good a leather as what's on real Chicagos.

Comparing the Chicago 1s to the 1.5 The Returns side-by-side, you can really see how much Nike cut costs down on the materials with that pair.

Man i wish these were not going to be all patent leather like those mids that came out in the early 2000s crease really bad that don't look good on a all patent shoe anyway still a dope colorway
Screenshot_2020-06-09-17-57-03.png

When it comes to 1s these days, if I'm paying resell, it has to be within a certain time frame or else I give up. They always take awhile to perfect fakes, but after awhile, they get them near perfect like them Chis. Wouldn't even risk it at this point, i'd wait for the next release.
They are nowhere near perfect. It‘s quite obvious to tell what they get wrong.

IMG_20200609_132257.jpg

Coworker ordered a fake pair of Chicago's from one of these fake China sellers that says they're 1:1. I had to compare them to my legit pair (from eastbay) and damn they're pretty close. In hand, side by side, in natural light they look very close. Only things I really noticed was on the real pair, the swoosh is a bit bigger, the leather is softer, and the toe box is a bit slimmer. Beside that, I'm sure on feet and a bit broken in you wouldn't be able to tell at all. Be careful if you're still trying to cop a pair

Toebox so tall on the bottom pair. I hope that's the fake pair :lol:

I'm trying to imagine being able to tell if there wasn't an authentic one right next to it to be able to compare. Maybe by the toebox, but that could be tough to make a call on if the fake is in a different size than you're used to. Maybe how the materials feel. I haven't held a fake pair before, but I can't imagine they'd use as good a leather as what's on real Chicagos.

Comparing the Chicago 1s to the 1.5 The Returns side-by-side, you can really see how much Nike cut costs down on the materials with that pair.

The smell is a big giveaway. Fake Jordans have a big plastic glue smell to it.

When it comes to 1s these days, if I'm paying resell, it has to be within a certain time frame or else I give up. They always take awhile to perfect fakes, but after awhile, they get them near perfect like them Chis. Wouldn't even risk it at this point, i'd wait for the next release.

The regular Jordan 1s are pretty much perfected now other than the smell. Obviously there are some QC issues across pairs, but it's pretty damn hard to legit check the regular Jordan 1s colorways now. I'm talking about the decent replicas, not the $50 dollar replicas.

Some of the collabs like the Travis Scotts are still a bit easier to tell real from fake, but even those are pretty damn good now.
These are fake Unions that somebody posted on reddit. If I didn't already own the retail pairs from the Union drop, I'd be so scared to pay that resale price when the replicas look like this:

kyAL51E.jpg

Those black and gold 1s are pretty fresh based on that little preview we saw but I have gold toes from 2018(?) and I dont feel like I need them both. Those will be bangers tho, especially for people who don’t give a damn about having both pairs lol.

Back
Top Bottom