Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
We had a pair of these for 69.99 in my Footaction I work in..... had to grab an extra pair
7B1343EF-92B2-4CD0-B6FC-9AEAEA008608.jpeg
931B974D-5E7B-4ED9-8C06-51517C643D64.jpeg

I'd rather the color blocking from 2013. Specifically that the midsole shouldnt be black like the upper. But they look a little better than the 2003 pair.

PL on OG I's is fine when they do it right. I'm a little more concerned about CO JPs and hope they dont botch the release somehow.

The regular Jordan 1s are pretty much perfected now other than the smell. Obviously there are some QC issues across pairs, but it's pretty damn hard to legit check the regular Jordan 1s colorways now. I'm talking about the decent replicas, not the $50 dollar replicas.

Some of the collabs like the Travis Scotts are still a bit easier to tell real from fake, but even those are pretty damn good now.
These are fake Unions that somebody posted on reddit. If I didn't already own the retail pairs from the Union drop, I'd be so scared to pay that resale price when the replicas look like this:

kyAL51E.jpg

Wow I don't know if I could tell these are fake. They are scary good.

question about selling on goat:

i don't have any form of social media other than a twitter i opened for nike raffles back when that was a thing

there's nothing on there other than my (real) name - will that be enough to pass approval?

Yes
I created a twitter account couple of years ago just for footapp check in codes
I have never tweeted anything and I got approved

Those Chi's look like they're 2-3 sizes apart so that could add some differences. The swoosh looks off though, but you wouldn't know unless they were side by side. Most people can't tell the difference in real life for a simple regular colorblock.

I've held fake off whites in hand, and if I wasn't told the flaws, I would be none the wiser because it's stuff most people aren't looking at nor care about (the text being slighty off angle, holes in the toe box not deep enough, etc.)

When identifying fakes, you have to do some mega homework. I remember before SX and Goat was a thing, I'd spend time in our forums reading, then go to reddit, YT, and anywhere else I could think of comparing info then finally a LC on here before I copped.

Those fakes are ridic and that's the norm now. No way, I wouldve been able to know they were fake especially not owning a pair.

Good choice
Both pairs are dope, either would’ve been a legit pick up
How much did they set you back?
$450 after all taxes and fees for my size 13. Was regretting not picking them up a couple months ago when they were around 350 and didn’t want to risk paying even more later.

We had a pair of these for 69.99 in my Footaction I work in..... had to grab an extra pair
7B1343EF-92B2-4CD0-B6FC-9AEAEA008608.jpeg
931B974D-5E7B-4ED9-8C06-51517C643D64.jpeg
Do y’all (foot store employees) hide shoes and then cop when the price is marked low? I know those SBs weren’t popular but they pretty much moved at retail

When identifying fakes, you have to do some mega homework. I remember before SX and Goat was a thing, I'd spend time in our forums reading, then go to reddit, YT, and anywhere else I could think of comparing info then finally a LC on here before I copped.

Those fakes are ridic and that's the norm now. No way, I wouldve been able to know they were fake especially not owning a pair.
i blame being a bigger collector back in the day and really really studying fakes for LC that its made me paranoid. I think everything is fake unless I cop from NDC lol

i blame being a bigger collector back in the day and really really studying fakes for LC that its made me paranoid. I think everything is fake unless I cop from NDC lol

Especially when dropping resale/hype cash on them. NDC and the major retailers or take the chances with friend of friend of a friend.

If you’re consciously trying to pass off a fake as real then you are fake.

Now, if you’re paying resell and concerned about fakes, I empathize. You really have to do your homework. You’d be crazy to buy those Unions off that one pic. It’s hiding two of the tells - the blue zig-zag stitching and the opaque Union hang tag. The yellow laces automatically would make me suspicious. Sure they could have switched the laces, but to be too lazy to switch back to DS laces on a 1500 shoe? Nah. Even if they were real, I am not trying to help some dude who switched out the laces to have a photo shoot so it seems like they wear their sneakers. Lame.

IMG_20200610_155654.jpg

Not AJ1 but since were on the topic of fakes, these came from the same seller that sent my coworker the fake Chicago 1s from yesterday. Comparing the fakes to my legit pair (Undefeated in store) and they're also very close. I laughed at the fact they got that fat toebox right lol. Honestly tho, you could easily assume the imperfections were Nike QC issues especially how shotty Nike QC actually is.

Back
Top Bottom