Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My bad I meant that I shipped it out and it seems to have gone directly to the lady. Never saw a step where it seems to have gone to eBay for an authenticity check for a day or two, like StockX or GOAT. Tracking says they went from PA (where I live) to NJ (where the buyer is) directly

QxqJe2j.png

2lpuksA.png

Weird. Either way. She got them. She satisfied. We good lol
not all sneaker listings get authentication. you sure your listing had the blue checkmark?

this is what one of mine looked like when it got to and left the “hub” for authentication...
EEA62A8D-B880-43C7-8D9F-56B555FE64AB.jpeg

eBay doesn't list the shoes the seller does. If they start authenticating fake shoes then theres a problem.
Obviously their listed by a seller. What I meant and what I thought anyone would gather from my statement is that eBay knowingly has fakes listed on their site. Now that shoes are a big market their deciding to authenticate shoes while still having blatant fake items for sale on their platform.

From my understanding via Ebay, Sneaker Con experts are supposedly legit checking these shoes now. I got a pair of What the 5s off ebay from a seller who won them from Snkrs App. When I saw I wasn't getting them directly I messaged the seller. Told him he didnt have to send them off to authenticated, the unopened Nike box would of sufficed...lol. Anyways they changed my Nike box and put in their own Ebay packaging...

20201203_144244.jpg
20201203_144217.jpg
IMG_20201127_234016_241.jpg

Obviously their listed by a seller. What I meant and what I thought anyone would gather from my statement that is eBay knowingly has fakes listed on their site. Now that shoes are a big market their deciding to authenticate shoes while still having blatant fake items for sale on their platform.
report em.....i do. they get taken down.

Obviously their listed by a seller. What I meant and what I thought anyone would gather from my statement is that eBay knowingly has fakes listed on their site. Now that shoes are a big market their deciding to authenticate shoes while still having blatant fake items for sale on their platform.
I've heard that GOAT has pictures of fake shoes listed on their site and they approve listings. I think it's a lot to ask to have Ebay authenticate every listing on the site. Now if you're reporting all the fake listings and nothings being done that's an issue.

They changed em. Swoosh was a synth suede-esq material and the ankle collar was the typical vinyl found on most of the other OGs... but I’m still down

Was legit wondering this. I thought it was the other way around or that they were all leather. Still down to lose and pay someone for clicking a button. Thanks JB.

I've heard that GOAT has pictures of fake shoes listed on their site and they approve listings. I think it's a lot to ask to have Ebay authenticate every listing on the site. Now if you're reporting all the fake listings and nothings being done that's an issue.
I’ve done exactly that in the past but like I said now that shoes are a big market they are changing for the better. You have to remember eBay gets paid if it’s fake or real. But the shoe game has poked big holes in fake products imo

I’ve done exactly that in the past but like I said now that shoes are a big market they are changing for the better. You have to remember eBay gets paid if it’s fake or real. But the shoe game has poked big holes in fake products imo
EBay ain't making nothing on fake shoes over a 100.00. Shoes been big buisness that's why GOAT and SX came about, Ebay is just late adapting. When they start charging fees again well see if they can get back in their game.

not all sneaker listings get authentication. you sure your listing had the blue checkmark?

this is what one of mine looked like when it got to and left the “hub” for authentication...
EEA62A8D-B880-43C7-8D9F-56B555FE64AB.jpeg

Appreciate you looking into that for me. Not sure what happened, but this is what my listing looked like when it was up. Blue check and all that, but no hub stop. Maybe they forgot :lol:

6zLOMLK.png

They doin to 1’s what they did to foams.
😂 Weather map AJ 1's...

Nike sometimes doesn't know how to apply the brakes when it comes to overkill...

I remember in 2015, Jb said they're going to stop putting out so many AJ 3's.
Maury, "Lie detector says, that was a lie."

EBay ain't making nothing on fake shoes over a 100.00. Shoes been big buisness that's why GOAT and SX came about, Ebay is just late adapting. When they start charging fees again well see if they can get back in their game.
I guess your missing my whole point. At one point they could care less now they do care because they have a money incentive. They have made a ton of money pushing fake products on their site trust me. I actually like eBay and use it the most honestly. But like I initially said them authenticating shoes is just kinda funny to me. I didn’t realize they were actually authenticating shoes so hats off to them fir that.

The shape on those 4s is horrendous.
Shape is hard to determine for me until we get official pics, and people legit have in hand. I’m super interested in what is under the top layer. The color way itself is dope as hell as is, so I don’t have any intention to scratch/rub off that layer, but I’m curious.

Shape is hard to determine for me until we get official pics, and people legit have in hand. I’m super interested in what is under the top layer. The color way itself is dope as hell as is, so I don’t have any intention to scratch/rub off that layer, but I’m curious.
Well I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the shape will definitely be trash based on the fact that in the last 20 years we haven’t seen a decent shape on a single 4.

Theres plenty of pics of it in the Taupe Haze thread.

Is this a bad thing?

I got Eggplant and Copper foams for UNDER retail from footsites a few years ago.. This NEVER would’ve happened if Nike hadn’t oversaturated the market with them and kept them limited. I say this as someone who absolutely loves Foams to this day, hype be damned.

Agreed. Flood the zone. Make it so that even the corny kids in class can have have 1s easily. Then go on reddit and post "HEY GUYS! I got my first pair of 1s, COOL HUH?"

I long for the day where the "cool kids"/trend hoppers decide "1s are played out now" and move on

Is this a bad thing?

I got Eggplant and Copper foams for UNDER retail from footsites a few years ago.. This NEVER would’ve happened if Nike hadn’t oversaturated the market with them and kept them limited. I say this as someone who absolutely loves Foams to this day, hype be damned.

I think it's more of whatever floats your boat.

I personally enjoy scarcity & rare-ness.
Shoes, cars, clothing, &/or etc...

Back
Top Bottom