Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I mean I don't personally have a problem with people selling pairs in their collection they feel that they no longer need or will wear. One of the few benefits to this sneaker resell boom is for the most part I've been able to acquire almost everything I want. By selling, rebuying etc.

It's also still a lot of sneakers out there for reasonable prices that can get you close to the "look" you're going for. I mean unless you want to wear a TS, Off-white, or Yeezy everyday you should be alright.

The one thing I do think about however, is how many people in this day and age sort of already do this. Buy a used/worn pair of kicks (or new), own it for a bit, get the wears in, post some social media pics, then get tired of said kicks (either personally due to short attention spans, and/or because hype has died on that pair, or for whatever reason), then sell that pair and the cycle continues. Sure the timeline and price structure is different in this example (buying a pair and ultimately selling that pair, as opposed to a monthly type thing), but this is almost the same thing.
Ay man just @ me :lol: it be like that though. I don't have the capital or space to keep a hundred+ pairs of shoes. Something new comes out that I like more, or I find a good deal on something I've been looking for, I'll move some pairs I don't love as much. Maybe try and trade. I do it less now that I've secured more favorites but I also wear every single shoe I own and sometimes yeah, I've enjoyed one pair enough or the price goes up and it's worth cashing in.

edit: another thought based on what washed king just said above me - I wouldn't drop so much money on sneakers in the first place if they weren't worth something after the fact. Some kind of emergency comes up or when it's time to buy a house, goodbye shoes.

Ay man just @ me :lol: it be like that though. I don't have the capital or space to keep a hundred+ pairs of shoes. Something new comes out that I like more, or I find a good deal on something I've been looking for, I'll move some pairs I don't love as much. Maybe try and trade. I do it less now that I've secured more favorites but I also wear every single shoe I own and sometimes yeah, I've enjoyed one pair enough or the price goes up and it's worth cashing in.

edit: another thought based on what washed king just said above me - I wouldn't drop so much money on sneakers in the first place if they weren't worth something after the fact. Some kind of emergency comes up or when it's time to buy a house, goodbye shoes.

Never understood the “shoes or house” mentality. I’ll just have both. Thanks. Would never put myself in a position where I’d have to choose.

The monthly plans though.
49-299 mo :wow

LIGHTLY WORNBRAND NEW

Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Mono Clay

Level 1
$49 / mo.
  • • Rent 1 sneaker at a time
  • • Access to 100+ styles
  • • Total monthly shipment value: $300

New Balance BAPE x 2002R Apes Together Strong - Camo

Level 2
$129 / mo.
  • • Rent up to 2 sneakers at a time
  • • Access to 200+ styles
  • • Total monthly shipment value: $650
  • • Unlimited swaps (Sloan's Pick)

Jordan Union LA x 4 Retro Taupe Haze

Level 3
$199 / mo.
  • • Rent up to 3 sneakers at a time
  • • Access to 250+ styles
  • • Total monthly shipment value: $1,200

Jordan Union LA x 4 Retro Taupe Haze

Jordan Melody Ehsani x 1 Mid Fearless (W)

Level 4
$299 / mo.
  • • Rent up to 4 sneakers at a time
  • • Access to 275+ styles
  • • Total monthly shipment value: $2,000

Never understood the “shoes or house” mentality. I’ll just have both. Thanks. Would never put myself in a position where I’d have to choose.
Lol this reminds me of when I was 18-19 yrs old. I was living with my dad, had no car, I took a bus everywhere I went (school & work). I prob had 20-30 pairs of Jordan’s. One day I had this reality check. “Why tf do I have 25 pairs of Jordan’s and a bus pass?” 😂 I ended up scraping up $1800 and bought my first car. I’m old now, this was a long time ago.

I just don't like the thought of wearing used shoes; grosses me out, no matter what spray or other cleaning method is used. I mean buying the odd VNDS shoe, and making it your own is one thing, but basically a used shoe being passed around is just something I can't get my mind around even if it were free. Bags, watches, and such are different, but shoes...nah....

Of course, to each their own; I'm just sharing a personal opinion.

Seeing more info on that company, seems like a terrible idea to me 😂

However I remember when StockX first came out. I also thought it was a crappy idea and destined for failure. Yet here we are.

we really trippin about how others “rent” shoes? while i wouldn’t do it, it doesn’t bother me.

ppl rent cars, furniture, tvs, etc.. i see this as no different

Today

20210830_132415.jpg

As for this whole sneaker rental thing, I'm just mad I didn't think of it first as there is money to be made there. People rent tuxes, dresses, cars, TV, furniture you name it you can probably rent it lol. With the way things are nowadays with social media and **** people want to "flex" and its probably enough to make this a successful business. Wouldn't do it myself but to each their own.

Agreed, would love to own that rental business! But renting other things isn't the same....Shoes is closer to underwear and can't be compared to cars, TVs, furniture, or even clothes that can be easily fully cleaned....in my opinion.

It sucks for the new folks who are just getting into sneakers
You can’t cop anything for retail anymore
Everything sells out and is a raffle
Only option for most is paying resale or renting
It’s a damn shame

At some point this has to come back to the manufacturer’s.

The amount of people wanting sneakers is greatly outgrowing the supply, couple
that with the huge number of people buying shoes strictly to resell and here we are.

If I’m being honest I barely see anything special on peoples feet when I’m out. How many of these shoes are ACTUALLY being worn? Or how many are just being pushed away in a closet to preserve “value”?

I'd also like to say sometimes sneakers just aren't great and you don't always know that until you rock them. I copped 2018 melo 2s recently, worn but in great condition. Rocked them twice and then the infamous squeaking started. I never had a pair of 2s before so I didn't know it was a possible issue - hadn't had that problem with a pair of retros in a while. I'm not tryna throw baby powder under the insoles every time I wear them but I can easily make my money back on the bay so why not?

Haha. I wasn’t taking shots. And what you’re saying makes sense. I’m more so referring to the mentality that some have that they’re gonna buy a pair (new or used), with the sole/main intention to just wear what’s “hot” a few times to be seen publicly and/or on social media, to then swiftly sell those pairs in order to fund purchasing the next “hot” kicks and repeating the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom