Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
What is this dumb sh*t

pMLtK01 (1).png

Seems like it's going to get worse and worse over time when it comes to the availability of buying shoes. We can thank the advancement of Social Media for that. Renting sneakers seems off to me. Imagine renting a shoe that you couldn't get, but really wanted, then it's time to send them back. It's pretty bad, i never thought that it would get this bad by wanting to rent kicks.

Imagine trying to send back fakes, and then they have people who can authenticate shoes, then they bill you the resale value of the shoe that you kept lol.

Rentin’ kicks was bound to happen, unfortunately - there’s money to be made off stupidity. Remember when women started rentin purses years ago. People wanna keep up with the Jones so damn bad :lol:

Depending on cost, renting shoes isn't that bad of a idea. I wouldn't do it, but could come in handy for the more limited of releases.

If there's money to be made, why not?

Wow that’s crazy 😂 I don’t know if that business will succeed or not but i can see how it’s a good idea (I think)
I mean a lotta folk want to own something hyped and expensive and if they ever do unDS them, they may wear em extremely sparingly. 1 to 3x a year and ****. Maybe the shoe cost 1.5- 2K for example. Why drop that bread and barely wear a shoe… could rent em, get your fits off, move on to the next.
it’s not for me but I can see it for certain hype beasts, social media influencers, D list celebs, broke bois, and just people who are straight up dumb with money. That last group is prob enough to run a business on itself lol

So I'd posted in the AM1 thread about how the room I've been keeping all my sneakers in since we bought our new house was too damp and caused a mess of my pairs to mold. Well, figured I'd check my 1s since I hadn't worn them since March 2020. Here's my beater pair of CMs...

20210829_142723.jpg

20210829_142715.jpg

A little bit of cleaning, though, and...

20210829_150808.jpg

20210829_150827.jpg

20210829_145400.jpg

20210829_181502.jpg

A little bit of lace swapping.....taupe-ish colored laces in the Seafoams (I love light brown and light green colors together) and the sage laces that came with the Seafoams in the Patinas (though they look a little lighter in the picture than in person). The mint laces that came with the Patinas were too much for my liking once I got them in person, so I like the toned down-ness of the sage laces much better in them.

20210829_112735.jpg
20210829_124112.jpg

Last edited:
What is this dumb sh*t

pMLtK01 (1).png

This is some of the corniest sht I’ve seen in a while. The concept, though I wouldn’t be surprised if they make money and it sort of catches on seeing how starving people can be to just be able to wear pairs, is just something I could or would never be down with. Feels super fraudulent IMO. Now we’re openly faking to be owning shoes?!? Like clearly it’s annoying and unfortunate that kicks aren’t as easily available to everyone as they should be, but this is just goofy IMO. If I have any friends or family that partake in this, they’ll never hear the end of it.

The one thing I do think about however, is how many people in this day and age sort of already do this. Buy a used/worn pair of kicks (or new), own it for a bit, get the wears in, post some social media pics, then get tired of said kicks (either personally due to short attention spans, and/or because hype has died on that pair, or for whatever reason), then sell that pair and the cycle continues. Sure the timeline and price structure is different in this example (buying a pair and ultimately selling that pair, as opposed to a monthly type thing), but this is almost the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom