Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
While the hype was nowhere where it is now, most OG 1s did sellout, probably because there were far fewer releases. I do think that a lot of that had to do with OG 1s selling at $130-$140 retail back then so there was definitely resell money to be made on most releases. I remember even OG+ cws like Barons and those hideous Denim Family First pairs sold out on release day in 2014.

Also diluting 1s has been going on for years-remember Phats? Alphas? V1s?
Facts, inflation has driven the price up substantially and the new generation will literally buy anything now too.

All I want before I die is a pair of Bred 1s.

...just one pair.

But I can't justify paying $700+ for a pair of shoes.

Especially with authenticity and sizing issues.

...so it's probably never gonna happen.

... bro, are you still on about those shadows of yours that you made a million posts about a little while ago?

jordan 1s are some of the most consistent-fitting shoes nike makes

either you

a) got a whack pair

or

b) don't know your actual shoe size (like 95% of this site)

regardless, just sell them and/or whatever else it is you need to do to get over them already, cause you're clearly still not happy with them even to this day

Last edited:
... bro, are you still on about those shadows of yours that you made a million posts about a little while ago?

either you

a) got a whack pair

or

regardless, just sell them and/or whatever else it is you need to do to get over them already, cause you're clearly still not happy with them even to this day
People like him are why there is a block user option. He's supposedly an adult but carries on like a 12yo.

Last edited:
While the hype was nowhere where it is now, most OG 1s did sellout, probably because there were far fewer releases. I do think that a lot of that had to do with OG 1s selling at $130-$140 retail back then so there was definitely resell money to be made on most releases. I remember even OG+ cws like Barons and those hideous Denim Family First pairs sold out on release day in 2014.

Also diluting 1s has been going on for years-remember Phats? Alphas? V1s?

yeah 1's are one of the most bastardized model. And yeah there were definitely fewer releases in between back then. I'm talking about newer or "retro +" colorways that mostly sat or ignored by the OG enthusiasts. OG colorways will always sell for the most part (storm blues and metallics being shelf sitters and discount hitters). But even then there were some decent new colorways that most people will actually like. Now they're just pumping really garbage stuff like the Crafts and (no offense to you) the Volts and the often talked about Biohacks lol

yeah 1's are one of the most bastardized model. And yeah there were definitely fewer releases in between back then. I'm talking about newer or "retro +" colorways that mostly sat or ignored by the OG enthusiasts. OG colorways will always sell for the most part (storm blues and metallics being shelf sitters and discount hitters). But even then there were some decent new colorways that most people will actually like. Now they're just pumping really garbage stuff like the Crafts and (no offense to you) the Volts and the often talked about Biohacks lol

haha no offense taken, I’m one of 2 ppl that like volts lol

Yeah I agree with you overall though, I was just pointing out that we got trash cws back then as well (Highlight Reels, Laneys, etc. etc.) but there were far fewer releases so we just weren’t seeing as many overall. Weirdly, I do think having so many derivatives allowed 1s to become more accessible and potentially fueled the model’s overall popularity overall. Hell, you could even say this originally started with AJKOs in 85 (although those are obviously a lot more different than Mids, etc.).

either you

a) got a whack pair

or

077CDE53-58C4-4D41-A8AB-F1CD0ED77F75.gif

Am I crazy for thinking the Union Black Toe might be a better shoe(CW wise) than the normal Black Toe(2016)?

Am I crazy for thinking the Union Black Toe might be a better shoe(CW wise) than the normal Black Toe(2016)?

CW rankings are all subjective my man.. A lot of ppl *cough*Zoomers on social media*cough* think SBBs or Travs are the best AJ 1 cw ever. I think Royals are the best AJ 1 cw and I definitely know a lot of ppl here will disagree with me on that.

Back
Top Bottom