Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Wasn't going at you directly. I know its some cats who do it for the same reasons you mentioned.

Most of the time though, it's just an indirect flex.

I'm all for a father sharing hobbies and bonding with his kids in any way shape or form. When and if I'm fortunate to have kids I think I will still hold off on the expensive kicks until at least middle school though.

But if my sons says he want to dress like his pops....he's gunna be dressed like his pops.

Wasn't going at you directly. I know its some cats who do it for the same reasons you mentioned.

Most of the time though, it's just an indirect flex.
Nah bro. I didn't take it like that at all. I just think it's a common misconception.

I thought like that too before I had a kid. My old head sat me down after I asked him why he gets his youngins Gucci and Prada etc. He really drips his kids out but he basically said that he is diluting the material ****. It totally changed my perspective.

They will probably always dress nice and have a sense of style but I doubt they will be Uber impressed by labels.

I could be wrong tho.

I thought like that too before I had a kid. My old head sat me down after I asked him why he gets his youngins Gucci and Prada etc. He really drips his kids out but he basically said that he is diluting the material ****. It totally changed my perspective.
WDYM by this?

WDYM by this?
His thing was, he grew up a super street dude.

Basically he credited his start to wanting to get fresh. As we both looked back at **** we aren't proud of, we recalled doing **** that we shouldn't have to buy sneakers. It sounds dumb now but you only know what you know.

He gets his kids dope **** so they know it's tangible (without doing dumb ****). Also if u have a lot of it you tend to value it less, clothes are just clothes, Target, Gucci, Prada it's just clothes. But what you like same as this sneaker stuff.

Idk how old you are but do you remember getting ten dollars as a kid and how big a deal that way. Imagine starting from 100 bucks, or even 1000. Ultimately you look at 10 bucks like 🤷🏾‍♂️. It's money but you just value it differently. The same **** can be said with clothing.

That makes sense but could also give them a false representation of what is easily attainable. EIther way if you communicate to your kids and have them work for things I think they should be aight.
On my first son now so I'll circle back in a decade LOL

That makes sense but could also give them a false representation of what is easily attainable. EIther way if you communicate to your kids and have them work for things I think they should be aight.
On my first son now so I'll circle back in a decade LOL
I could see that too. It's really all trial and error with the parent thing.

Being a dad has inspired me so much and allowed me to really set my sights higher than I would've ever imagined.

His sneakers are a small bi-product of that inspiration.

In truth I owe my kid and my girl as much as I've ever given them.

His thing was, he grew up a super street dude.

Basically he credited his start to wanting to get fresh. As we both looked back at **** we aren't proud of, we recalled doing **** that we shouldn't have to buy sneakers. It sounds dumb now but you only know what you know.

He gets his kids dope **** so they know it's tangible (without doing dumb ****). Also if u have a lot of it you tend to value it less, clothes are just clothes, Target, Gucci, Prada it's just clothes. But what you like same as this sneaker stuff.

Idk how old you are but do you remember getting ten dollars as a kid and how big a deal that way. Imagine starting from 100 bucks, or even 1000. Ultimately you look at 10 bucks like 🤷🏾‍♂️. It's money but you just value it differently. The same **** can be said with clothing.
Yeah I guess I just had a very different upbringing-I’m a 1st gen immigrant and my family never had money for much besides food in the table (which was still a lot more than a lot of people had). I didn’t really have any nice clothes growing up and my 1st pair of Js was a pair of used 2001 Columbias I bought from my neighbor with $60 I saved up lol I always looked as that stuff as aspirational but ultimately secondary to getting an education, career, and house, etc. Even now, I’m well into my career and have more sneakers than I’ll ever need, I’m still thankful I was able to go to a great university and get multiple degrees without debt, etc. because my family was able to support me (along with other means and low end jobs to pay for my day-to-day expenses at the time) they just didn’t have the money to do that and also keep me looking fresh-and I’m 1000% NOT hating on anyone who had parents to help them do this when they were young, that’s just life.

Truth be told, babies and young kids dont give a damn about bein fly in Jays/name brand attire or whatever hyped joint their parents got em....they just want the disney joints wit the straps.

Kids/babies in fly name brand stuff is the parents speakin indirectly on the money they making/spending...Status symbols. I be peepin.
Agree with this to some degree. At least for me, there was definitely a age where it definitely began to matter. My first pair of ever having I guess a "nice shoe" was a pair of white/blue Reeboks. Don't remember the model, but loved them. My mom did go crazy one school year for I and my other 3 siblings, but beyond that it was one pair a year. 2 sometimes with the 2/$89 deal that used to be around.

I just like shoes a lot(compared to clothes) so I'm OK with mostly everything. Everything doesn't have to be hyped nor do I follow trends. Going 15 years strong now.

EDIT: Forgot to add this, but my nephew loves the 13s I bought him(he's 5). Whenever he's over, he usually always asking me to buy him another pair lol...mainly those of whatever YouTube video I'm watching.

Last edited:
Rocking Lance’s today!
5BDE755E-7050-46FF-8526-F56524F3E6EE.jpeg

I didn't start caring about sneakers until middle school when I noticed my friends who were on the basketball team had cool looking shoes.

I've never been a huge clothing person. I buy my jeans at Old Navy typically. Shirts are usually Nike or something pop culture or wrestling or sports team.

My parents were upper middle class but they weren't down for buying me $100+shoes. Maybe if I begged for my birthday or Christmas I'd get a pair. But other than that it was like 3 pairs a year. Usually a buy 2 for X deal.

Got EA on Patent BRED 1s but payment error every time i tried checking it out, oof!

anyone having same issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-121116_SNKRS.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-121116_SNKRS.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 295
it usually means your account had a temp-ban. You have to contact nike to resolve the issue or make a new account. Has happened to a few people I know. Possible reasons could be too many order cancellations/returns or multiple accounts with the same info or even just address or credit card ban. Try switching up your info and card and see if it goes thru, if not, its your account as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom