Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It doesn’t make sense to have a holiday OG Chicago release and not make it a super GR . This is the time for Nike to have a Jordan 11 type release. There’s no Jordan 1 more iconic and sought after than the Chicago. If they make it semi limited like a regular 1 release it would be a huge slap in the face to the sneaker community and a huge loss of potential revenue.

All the way in for the heartbreak 💔 for those 85 CHIs if true…. Might be the first time I’ll pay way over resale….

Sonset23 Sonset23 I will let nature take it’s course with these 🤙🏽

356FAC82-5277-442A-8D76-2B6F0C28117F.jpeg

No wonder you always wear shorts... ain't no pants on earth that can contain them cantaloupe calves. Those are JNCOs for everyone wondering.... :lol:

It doesn’t make sense to have a holiday OG Chicago release and not make it a super GR . This is the time for Nike to have a Jordan 11 type release. There’s no Jordan 1 more iconic and sought after than the Chicago. If they make it semi limited like a regular 1 release it would be a huge slap in the face to the sneaker community and a huge loss of potential revenue.
I agree. But, let’s say they make 23k pairs (God forbid 😭). This release will just be dumping more gasoline on the Chicago fire, wait a couple more years and do another 85 Hi Chicago with no vintage treatment in full family sizing as a mega GR.

This is what I can see them doing, the pair coming this year to me screams semi limited release especially with the vintage vibes on them, please prove me wrong JB. But I doubt it.

So allegedly this upcoming Chicago is that it’s not a High ‘85, but also not exactly your regular degular High OG Retro. Like and in between the two. Supposedly having a “different” toe (I’m thinking slimmer, more OG accurate). With distressed leather (whatever that means exactly), and in general is supposed to look/have a vintage look, which could also include like a aged midsole and/or collar, etc.

While I’ll DEFINITELY go for these, as the Chicago Jordan 1 is my favorite Jordan ever, I’m glad that I also have both my 2015s and my Spideys. I’m personally not super into fake/faux vintage, so while they’ll still be something I’m sure I’ll like, I’ll still take my more traditional Chicago looking pairs. But with vintage being all the craze currently, these are definitely gonna be a pain in the az, if possible at all, to obtain, and resell is gonna be stupid.

Haha. Naw. It’s sounding like it’s just a tweaked Retro High OG.
Lol watch them release a Mid with Nike Air…

I swear we all need to rage quit the sneaker game at some point, and, I joke, but if they actually do this, this might be it for me lmao

Lol watch them release a Mid with Nike Air…

I swear we all need to rage quit the sneaker game at some point, and, I joke, but if they actually do this, this might be it for me lmao
Oh I’d LOSE IT (not really, as it’s just shoes) if they fk’d around and released a mid. That’d be so damn dumb.

Finally, pulled the triggered. Just need storm blues. Seller on eBay wasn’t budging on my offers lol

19D7A93D-B23C-47B7-89EB-74FEFE9832AC.jpeg
Love mine. One of my favorite 1s that I own. Would love to also own the Storm Blues, but not dropping the type of $$ people are asking for them. I do have the regular, IMO doper, Storm Blue (Kentucky) 1 Highs from like 2015 I think, so I’m not tripping.

Matter fact it's 5 years now that I've had my 94s. I found them on ebay and was able to talk the seller down if he sold off platform, which he did. (edit: not from the guy i thought they were from). Here's a pic from when I first got em damn near DS with OG all

94chicago.jpg

Chicago 1s were always numero uno for me. It was the Jordan in my eyes. I got a pair of used 2013s for like $100 right after the 2015s dropped; I passed on the 2013s when they released for obvious reasons but when I struck out on the nightmare release that was the 2015s I had FOMO. But 94s were my grail since that's my birth year (and they were cheaper than 85s lol). When I first started buying my own sneakers around age 14 I never thought I'd be able to afford or find em, so after I copped em a few months into my first full time job in 2017 I really felt like I reached a milestone and entered adulthood :lol: only been up since then! Thank you again rayray3000

94bw.jpg

Last edited:
Matter fact it's 5 years now that I've had my 94s. I found them on ebay and was able to talk the seller down if he sold off platform, which he did. Is rayray3000 still here? They were his pair, I recognized his name on NT from his email - someone tag him! Here's a pic from when I first got em damn near DS with OG all

94chicago.jpg

Chicago 1s were always numero uno for me. It was the Jordan in my eyes. I got a pair of used 2013s for like $100 right after the 2015s dropped; I passed on the 2013s when they released for obvious reasons but when I struck out on the nightmare release that was the 2015s I had FOMO. But 94s were my grail since that's my birth year (and they were cheaper than 85s lol). When I first started buying my own sneakers around age 14 I never thought I'd be able to afford or find em, so after I copped em a few months into my first full time job in 2017 I really felt like I reached a milestone and entered adulthood :lol: only been up since then! Thank you again rayray3000

94bw.jpg
That’s my homie. He loves meat

Back
Top Bottom