Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Was trying this, but no bites do far. Value wise they are about the same now, and I'd be giving up an OG, so figured it was a fair deal. Most just deny due to future value potential for the "hype" pairs.
Screenshot_20220429-000706.png
Yeah bro deal looks good to me
1651233874925.png

Was trying this, but no bites do far. Value wise they are about the same now, and I'd be giving up an OG, so figured it was a fair deal. Most just deny due to future value potential for the "hype" pairs.

Bro. You losing this trade. I'd never do this. Your shadows are taking a gorilla dump on both those pairs, but to each their own. You're ASKING to get PENETRATED on that trade bro. 😭
Not necessarily if we're going off future value.
The one who is getting the Travis frags and it's not even close
It's close. Only benefit is that the 1s won't crumble.

Bro. You losing this trade. I'd never do this. Your shadows are taking a gorilla dump on both those pairs, but to each their own. You're ASKING to get PENETRATED on that trade bro. 😭

I appreciate your take. I know I would be trading on OG pair, and several of my friends who felt it was a fair value deal would find it hard to let go of an OG like that.
I just have about 8-10 pairs I acquired over the years at retail, for future trades, or to help out a friend, and this was one. Took Ls on those 2, and would be fun pairs to have, so was trying to come up with trades based on current value. It's hard to know where these pairs will end up down the road value wise.

I would suggest thinking of the shoes more in terms of how much you like them and would wear them versus trying to guess what their value might be in 5 years. If shoes matter more in terms of money than aesthetic/use, sell all your shoes and go play the stock market.

I would suggest thinking of the shoes more in terms of how much you like them and would wear them versus trying to guess what their value might be in 5 years. If shoes matter more in terms of money than aesthetic/use, sell all your shoes and go play the stock market.

See, and that's the thing. I took 2 Ls, resell value of Shadows is about the same as resell value of the 2 I took Ls on. I'd be getting 2 pairs that I would wear for one pair sitting here doing nothing. So that's why I tried the deal.

I play the stock market too 😉

if people thought more like this then tradeblock wouldnt be such a crapshoot all the time.

as much as I've tried to close deals on the platform folks are using everything else other than the current market of the shoe to set value.

if people thought more like this then tradeblock wouldnt be such a crapshoot all the time.

as much as I've tried to close deals on the platform folks are using everything else other than the current market of the shoe to set value.
And the main problem is tradeblock's valuation of most og the kicks are way off and inflated. That said, I'm 4 trades in and I've caught all Ws. Lots of trash offers I've had to decline along the way tho.

one thing to keep in mind with that shadow trade: not a fan of those other shoes, but shadows will likely retro again and those other pairs won't.
This right here. Shadows will definitely come back around but the others probably not. I have patents and rebellionaires and they're cool. I know a lot of people aren't fans of them though. I had shadows and sold em; lowkey kinda regret it now, but I'm just waiting for em to come back around.

I never understood why some people on this site stigmatize denim shorts. When did they ever go out of style? I think they'll last forever if people are still wearing them. Just because a certain percentile doesn't wear them or like them, that doesn't dictate that they will go out of style.

I agree some on here are programmed or brainwashed about what they wear by seeing what others wear. It's like some are trying to be the authority about what's acceptable or unacceptable based on what they see others do.

The people who think denim shorts are played out or corny perhaps think overpriced $400 Just Don shorts with ugly and unnecessary script splashed across the crotch are cool because they're pricey, mainstream and saw others wearing them.

Or the people who don't think denim shorts are acceptable probably think 💩 like this is OK because NBA players wore it.
story%2520dnc%2520259207888_4588755407868444_1734975685078234037_n.jpeg

FLrXPAdVcAUUtxb

This one is actually decent on his part because he's worn some corny stuff over the years trying to come off as youthful. I mean it's simple and typical, especially since he's using his hookup with his brand wearing those.

Ah the elusive move of using extreme examples to make a point.

All jorts are bad. An extreme example doesnt need to be shown to make that point. :lol:

My DENIM SHORTS (not fckn JORTS 🤦🏾‍♂️) ARE "normal fitting." It's like yall assume someone is rocking JNCO or something. 🤣

Ftr, the vast majority of all my denim is diesel. I love diesel bc it's quality, fits me perfect ("normal fitting"), only costs a couple hundo (relatively cheap compared to what ppl are paying for the current FADS like amiri 🤢🤮) and is classic/timeless imo, but that's just me.

I'll never forget back in the early 2000s Jay-Z told us diesel was played out and we had to wear EVISU now. And guess what? Ppl listened! 🤦🏾‍♂️ He also told us if you're 30+ you had to wear button ups now and that jerseys were all of a sudden out of style (bc HE said so). And guess what? MFs listened! 😭😭 See where I'm going with this?

Now here we are 20 years later and I'm still rocking diesel denim AND jerseys. Those evisus, on the other hand, didn't work out so well in the end. And I don't see everyone wearing button ups on the daily with their denim.

Just an example of why I don't follow trends or let others dictate to me what's cool and what's not. I just wear what I like and what I feel comfortable in.

Following trends doesnt make you cool, neither does not following trends. You can wear and like whatever youre comfortable in, that is FINE and not the issue here. Specifically in this convo, you can wear jorts sure, are they out of style? Yes. Can you still wear them and look presentable? Yes. Are they out of style? Dammit yes. :lol:

I'm living proof that this isn't true, although most women don't think I'm from Baltimorewhen they 1st meet me. Where are you from and what are you wearing that's so fashionable? You probably the typical NTer with so much to say about what OTHER MEN are wearing, but no yambs in real life. My jumper wet from deep out here. All facts.
7BF5A150-32C7-4AD2-9350-8CBE72AEEB24.gif

Surprised nobody has taken you up on this

Following trends doesnt make you cool, neither does not following trends. You can wear and like whatever youre comfortable in, that is FINE and not the issue here. Specifically in this convo, you can wear jorts sure, are they out of style? Yes. Can you still wear them and look presentable? Yes. Are they out of style? Dammit yes. :lol:
Denim shorts are out of style says who? You? Who TF are you? Absolutely no one. PERIOD!

Denim shorts are out of style says who? You? Who TF are you? Absolutely no one. PERIOD!

Im not the one who makes the rules. :lol:

Jorts been out of style for years. You can play the “I dress how I wanna and idc whats trendy or not” game all you want. Doesnt change a thing.

Only people I see in jorts in NYC are those who still wear Ecko and match their kicks with their fitteds and European drug lord looking types who wear them with their Philip Plein t shirts and probably have an AK in their cars trunk.

Back
Top Bottom