Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
That was @ Snkr follower. Yes the colorways have been trash (like I stated before and started a civil war in this thread :lol:), but the hype on 1s definitely isn't the same as it was like 3-5 years ago. It's dropped a bit.

That was @ Snkr follower. Yes the colorways have been trash (like I stated before and started a civil war in this thread :lol:), but the hype on 1s definitely isn't the same as it was like 3-5 years ago. It's dropped a bit.
If the hype is lower it's because the only OG CW that's dropped lately was Neutral Greys, which half the thread despised for whatever reason. The moment B&Ws get announced for another retro or the PE BTs, or something else we actually want, the people will come outta the woodwork again.

How much of the 1 hype drop has to do with over fatigue or China basically saying eff you to Nike and boycotting their shoes? Lots of shoes now sitting over there and wondering also if that's why the "money sizes" have shifted back over to big footers vs. before it used to be sizes 8-9 being the more expensive sizes on resell.

Resell is also pretty dead in general. Lots of factors to consider like China boycotting, maybe an uptick on production numbers, fatigue, bear market for stocks/crypto, less reselling due to the new 2022 tax law, idk. Those are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. My priorities are shifting and I think I'm gonna really start to go through my closet this summer and off the pairs I can't ever see myself wearing. Probably will end up taking losses on some of the weaker cw's like the fusions, metallic purple, brotherhood, crafts, silver co.jp, and tie dye.

How much of the 1 hype drop has to do with over fatigue or China basically saying eff you to Nike and boycotting their shoes? Lots of shoes now sitting over there and wondering also if that's why the "money sizes" have shifted back over to big footers vs. before it used to be sizes 8-9 being the more expensive sizes on resell.

Resell is also pretty dead in general. Lots of factors to consider like China boycotting, maybe an uptick on production numbers, fatigue, bear market for stocks/crypto, less reselling due to the new 2022 tax law, idk. Those are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. My priorities are shifting and I think I'm gonna really start to go through my closet this summer and off the pairs I can't ever see myself wearing. Probably will end up taking losses on some of the weaker cw's like the fusions, metallic purple, brotherhood, crafts, silver co.jp, and tie dye.
One thing I've learned about myself over the last two years is that the only Jordan model that I really, truly love to wear is the 1.

4s are great, those are my second favorite, but they're not very comfortable and just don't have the quiet simplicity of a Jordan 1...at least not to me.

3s, 5s and 6s are all awesome, but I don't get that feeling of personal satisfaction that I have when I'm walking around in a pair of 1s. The only time I truly feel correct is when I'm wearing my Jordan 1s. It's the only pair of shoes that I'm going to continue buying, even if I have to pay resell to get the pairs I want.

I'll go for another pair of 4s, 3s, 5s or 6s somewhere down the road...but if I can't get them for retail, then it's a deal breaker.

...that being said, I'm loving my new Air Max 90 Bacons.

One thing I've learned about myself over the last two years is that the only Jordan model that I really, truly love to wear is the 1.

4s are great, those are my second favorite, but they're not very comfortable and just don't have the quiet simplicity of a Jordan 1...at least not to me.

3s, 5s and 6s are all awesome, but I don't get that feeling of personal satisfaction that I have when I'm walking around in a pair of 1s. The only time I truly feel correct is when I'm wearing my Jordan 1s. It's the only pair of shoes that I'm going to continue buying, even if I have to pay resell to get the pairs I want.

I'll go for another pair of 4s, 3s, 5s or 6s somewhere down the road...but if I can't get them for retail, then it's a deal breaker.

...that being said, I'm loving my new Air Max 90 Bacons.

You find 1s more comfortable than 4s?

Colorways been trash for like 3 years

End of story

Colorways been trash for like 3 years

End of story
They definitely put out a lot of terrible cw's, but I think there's been a few that are pretty nice. Of the few nice ones: university blue, silver toe, CP 2.0, midnight navy co.jp, mochas, obsidian, LA to CHI. Patents aren't for everyone but bred, blue chill, and atmospheres are nice too. Couple collabs been pretty nice, but I'm also probably biased since I love collabs.

And just to throw it out there for my terrible cw's over the last 3 years imo: phantom, couture, yellow flight or whatever it was called, fearless, volt yellow, crimson tint, silver co.jp, pine green 2.0, fannypack 1's. That's the ones that come to mind at least.

I don't think hype has died down, Nike's just put out a series of **** colorways that only release like every 6-8 weeks. Which is also why this thread has turned to complete *** with three or four people driving the conversation off the rails non-stop -- there's nothing about the shoes for anyone else to discuss for long stretches of time.

Honestly I'm about one more dumb fashion-police derailment away from just un-subbing from the thread for good :smh:
Never wear Jordan 1 with shorts did that do it

If the hype is lower it's because the only OG CW that's dropped lately was Neutral Greys, which half the thread despised for whatever reason. The moment B&Ws get announced for another retro or the PE BTs, or something else we actually want, the people will come outta the woodwork again.

Like I was saying :smh:

Nike is like an Alpha retro away from trying to kill off the 1 High entirely.

I’d drop $500 for a DS pair of Breds, Chicagos or Shattered Backboards.

…just start laughing and get it over with.

76B949ED-557D-4966-B960-D59FC3B3FEBD.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom