Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
nike needs to open up preorders for stuff like that. set a minimum quantity threshold. set a price. and let it be made to order. not very different from the nike ID/nike by you model. if theres one thing Id gladly pay more money for its a no BS release process. no queues or splash pages, no raffles. no draws or shock drops. Im already paying a premium on resell, and im already and ive gladly paid $500+ on shoes like the just don 2s. make it available and folks will buy
In a limited capacity I believe they would sell. There's a reason Nike doesn't make them easily obtainable at 200 not sure what would change by upping the price.

In a limited capacity I believe they would sell. There's a reason Nike doesn't make them easily obtainable at 200 not sure what would change by upping the price.

the assumption is youre also getting a more premium product as well. with preorders the burden of having to sell a bunch of pairs gets reduced on nikes end, and the consumer who does have to pay more gets the product they want without having to jump through hoops. seems like a win win for both sides.

this doesnt have to apply to every release or GRs. just for things that they plan on intentionally making super limited or special projects

the assumption is youre also getting a more premium product as well. with preorders the burden of having to sell a bunch of pairs gets reduced on nikes end, and the consumer who does have to pay more gets the product they want without having to jump through hoops. seems like a win win for both sides.
I think the pool of people in that market is niche.

nike needs to open up preorders for stuff like that. set a minimum quantity threshold. set a price. and let it be made to order. not very different from the nike ID/nike by you model. if theres one thing Id gladly pay more money for its a no BS release process. no queues or splash pages, no raffles. no draws or shock drops. Im already paying a premium on resell, and im already and ive gladly paid $500+ on shoes like the just don 2s. make it available and folks will buy
This is honestly a fantastic idea.

I hope someone from Nike/JB sees this.

$500-$600 is an absolute steal for a A1, 1:1 Jordan 1 retro.

This is honestly a fantastic idea.

I hope someone from Nike/JB sees this.

$500-$600 is an absolute steal for a A1, 1:1 Jordan 1 retro.

hell, release everything hyped through this method.

collabs, hyped releases, special projects. they dont all have to be $500-$600 but i have to assume theres gonna be some increased cost associated.

the only downside to this is that it does price some people out of the market, which im not a fan of. but the current system doesnt get pairs into their hands now either.

Nike aint gon do none of that....Yall wasting yall time typin all that.

Nike moves off hype at this point.

I feel like they get a kick out of us going through these same hoops and then coming here to complain.

They dont give a F, I can guarantee that, in my Chuck voice.

hell, release everything hyped through this method.

collabs, hyped releases, special projects. they dont all have to be $500-$600 but i have to assume theres gonna be some increased cost associated.

the only downside to this is that it does price some people out of the market, which im not a fan of. but the current system doesnt get pairs into their hands now either.
So to paraphrase "as long as I get mines is all that matters"

l9crxI7 (1).png

I feel like they get a kick out of us going through these same hoops and then coming here to complain.

no skin off my back, i dont like paying resell but i do for the stuff i want. not like nike is knocking it out of the park every release. especially on jordan 1s

This is why Gentry is needed. He knew how to tiptoe the line of catering to resellers and those who actually wanted to cop to rock.... Nike seems to play heavily towards resellers.

More people get them now than with they would with the method you proposed. Nike could simply fix all this if they mass produced all of their releases but like another poster said, they have to keep the hype machine oiled properly.

I hate that everything you said here is probably 100% accurate.

This is why Gentry is needed. He knew how to tiptoe the line of catering to resellers and those who actually wanted to cop to rock.... Nike seems to play heavily towards resellers.
More people get them now than with they would with the method you proposed. Nike could simply fix all this if they mass produced all of their releases but like another poster said, they have to keep the hype machine oiled properly.
They don’t need to mass produce them though, just have them made to order for a timed period. Hell, they could limit it to one per account.

$600 for a 1:1 OG Air Jordan 1 retro that is made to order (with only a few OG cws available) is completely reasonable and would price a lot of people and non-enthusiasts out.

I don’t think Nike/JB cares enough about their own history and/or products to ever do this though.

for collabs, hyped releases, special projects? Id argue that those shoes pass through more resellers hands before settling at the person whos going to wear them than folks who want to wear them win on these raffles. keep grs plentiful and as easy to get as they are now. or make them even more availble

but youre right, more stock is simplest answer

Back
Top Bottom