Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Putting the issue of materials aside, I really think a legitimate argument can be made that these are a top five colorway of all time.

I said it.

…I’m not taking it back.

490515E0-EA92-45F1-9C57-B3B14828C1E2.jpeg

I personally passed on the Shadow 2.0s due to the colors (don’t need another black/grey Jordan 1) and the materials (they’d be a lot better had they been regular degular leather), but they’re solid IMO. Not my top 5 though. Not even top 10 IMO.

Shadows are tip top.

I could just as easily flip your argument of recency bias and argue that the OG CWs have been fetishized and mythologized to the point where it makes them seem untouchable.

If the 2.0 s had come out in 85, they‘d be just as revered as the 1.0s.

…in my humble opinion.
While I disagree with you I do think you brought up a valid point about the shoe being fetishized into mythical status.

However, internally I know I just like the Bred/ shadow/ royal color blocking a lot more than the 2.0 color blocking.

Imo the bred blocking has the right amount of black and grey. The 2.0 is too much grey and it looks off to me.

Last edited:
I remember soul glo. In the future Nike is gonna sell us Preglittered pairs. Probably collab with Ruby Rose or whatever lame *** stripper turned rapper thats popular at the moment.

I love my 2.0s but it's hard to just separate their crappy quality from the colorblocking. Top CW for sure but the quality takes down a few notches.

Thinking about making an offer on these Gym Reds.

Thing is I already own the mid version of the colorway, which is virtually identical (insert groans/tomato throwing). Anyone own the highs?

Leather quality review?

246258FC-C7D0-4473-919A-0557972B97BA.jpeg

Last edited:

Thing is I already own the mid version of the colorway, which is virtually identical (insert growns/tomato throwing). Anyone own the highs?

Leather quality review?

246258FC-C7D0-4473-919A-0557972B97BA.jpeg
Leather is not that great on these. I wouldn't say cardboard per se. But these are very underwhelming if we're talking quality. Probably better than a general J1 mid, but barely. Softest part on the shoe is the red on the rear ankle.

(Underrated shoe in terms of looks though IMO)

Leather is not that great on these. I wouldn't say cardboard per se. But these are very underwhelming if we're talking quality. Probably better than a general J1 mid, but barely. Softest part on the shoe is the red on the rear ankle.

(Underrated shoe in terms of looks though IMO)
Thank you.

…really appreciate this response.🙏

Jordan 1 is the beater GOAT imo.

1. Jordan 1s
2. AF1s
3. Chuck Taylor blacks
4. Vans low blacks
5. Cheap flip flops

Thing is I already own the mid version of the colorway, which is virtually identical (insert growns/tomato throwing). Anyone own the highs?

Leather quality review?
20220905_194830.jpg

Not sure what went wrong with subtlewordplay subtlewordplay 's pair, but the quality on these is not bad at all. The only panel that isn't the best is the white toe box leather, which is different than the white side panel. These are above court purp 2.0 and 1.0s, royal toes and '16 black toes, but not quite as soft as '16 banneds, and '18 shadows. They are definitely sleepers. Toss your mids in the 🗑 and cop these. You won't be disappointed and nobody wears them!

20220905_194830.jpg

Not sure what went wrong with subtlewordplay subtlewordplay 's pair, but the quality on these is not bad at all. The only panel that isn't the best is the white toe box leather, which is different than the white side panel. These are above court purp 2.0 and 1.0s, royal toes and '16 black toes, but not quite as soft as '16 banneds, and '18 shadows. They are definitely sleepers. Toss your mids in the 🗑 and cop these. You won't be disappointed and nobody wears them!
Is that your pair?

They look great in that photo.

Leather better or worse than the Dark Mochas?

…or about the same?

20220905_194830.jpg

Actually your pair does look a little more plush in the mid panel where the swoosh is. I was looking back at the Gym Red 1s thread and QC actually did seem inconsistent. My Gym Reds leather are definitely not better than my Mochas, by far.

Hope this helps Davey Magoo Davey Magoo Good luck...

It’s a reason for this bro lol

Joints horrible
Lol. 🤔 How are they "horrible"? It's a black/white-red jordan 1 high OG. The colorblocking is simple and clean and the quality is good. Coulda done without the sail midsole, but "horrible" is a stretch. Heritages are pretty horrible imo, but ppl rocking them left and right.

Last edited:
Actually your pair does look a little more plush in the mid panel where the swoosh is. I was looking back at the Gym Red 1s thread and QC actually did seem inconsistent. My Gym Reds leather are definitely not better than my Mochas, by far.

Hope this helps Davey Magoo Davey Magoo Good luck...
My mochas are stiff. My gym reds are soft. It is a big difference between the 2 in my case. All that said, I still like the mochas more aesthetically than gym red.

Back
Top Bottom