Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Had to grab the sweatshirt, for the culture.

CD8EB1F5-CF29-4EC1-831D-0FE912D0A843.jpeg

The union 1s are cool but I feel like I’m the only person that isn’t I love with them at any price point. I’ve seen and handled both and remember being impressed by the quality but neither of them made me want to drop resale on them.

But you know how that goes. I’ve spend the current union going rate on shoes that people feel the same way about lol

The union 1s are cool but I feel like I’m the only person that isn’t I love with them at any price point. I’ve seen and handled both and remember being impressed by the quality but neither of them made me want to drop resale on them.

But you know how that goes. I’ve spend the current union going rate on shoes that people feel the same way about lol
I do not like union 1s. I warmed up to them after seeing my friend's pair in person, good materials and shape. But I would not wear them.

Everyone has their preferences. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for Frags (if I had to wear and couldn't sell), or $100 for Neutral Grays. Whereas I am thankful every day that I paid $650 for my Storm Blues soon after relase day, to wear.

Everyone has their preferences. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for Frags (if I had to wear and couldn't sell), or $100 for Neutral Grays. Whereas I am thankful every day that I paid $650 for my Storm Blues soon after relase day, to wear.

Yeah that’s how the game goes. And preference is def the main factor. Once you pop the cherry on paying that much on a shoe your really want it puts a whole lot of things into context in terms of what’s worth a lot to you and what’s not even worth trying for retail. Especially when it comes to the collab stuff

Saw unions around release while visiting LA. That was probably my best my chance at getting close to retail. I passed then and wouldn't pay resell now.

Dope shoes tho. I kinda own the OG of all the shoes in the Union Mash ups so it's easier to feel like I'm not missing out.

Last edited:
I mean, hundreds of GRs @ $200+ still add up. As long as we’re good financially, I don’t see the issue. Life is short, I doubt I’ll be on my deathbed regretting buying and thoroughly enjoying my Unions.

I mean, hundreds of GRs @ $200+ still add up. As long as we’re good financially, I don’t see the issue. Life is short, I doubt I’ll be on my deathbed regretting buying and thoroughly enjoying my Unions.
Exactly.

I love people who look down on heads for paying hundreds of dollars for a single pair, then turn around and buys 20-30 pairs a year.

Who do you think spends more on shoes?

The resell guy who only buys 5 or 6 pairs a year?

Or death by a thousand cuts “retail or bust!” guy?

Spoiler alert…it’s the second guy.

Exactly.

I love people who look down on heads for paying hundreds of dollars for a single pair, then turn around and buys 20-30 pairs a year.

Factual, I buy like 10 pairs of shoes a year at the most whether it’s resell or otherwise

I see plenty of dudes in this thread copping every GR J1 that drops talking about “these look better in person” every weekend 😂

Not that I’m in it for resell prices or value but I haven’t bought a single shoe over $1000 that hasn’t gone up in value even as I continue to wear them.

But like Lucky13s Lucky13s said, no regrets.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Bro you spend resell on GRs wtf are you even talking about?

Its not about who spends the most, its about who is paying more for less. I paid $170 for my shadows, $180 for my UNCs. Now go cry in the car.

Bro you spend resell on GRs wtf are you even talking about?

Its not about who spends the most, its about who is paying more for less. I paid $170 for my shadows, $180 for my UNCs. Now go cry in the car.
I don’t like how this is going.

I hate negative energy and I’m not here to spread it.

Hence the edit.

I don’t hate on no man for how he chooses to spend his money.

All I ask is that he does the same in return.

…we all love shoes right?🙏

Last edited:
Lol... Davey you good, Im the reason youre here, therefore youre like a son to me. I just want to see you making responsible decisions, I been trying to help you cop at retail for years. I almost feel responsible for you spending absurd amounts on these cheap little things. I just think about all the dope AV equipment you could have instead of a few pairs of Js. I personally get much more joy out of a nice piece of equipment for my home theater than any pair of shoes, and I know youre in to all of that too. Different strokes for different folks tho. I hope your next purchase is for retail brother. Feels much better than clicking confirm order on stockx or goat and funding the next mans pair.

It def is excessive, and it's been a min since I posted that video... I am glad he posted it because it's nice to see how much more my collection has grown since I bought my house. Now my bedroom closet is complete full and I do plan on unloading some pairs to make room for the few pairs left that I want this year... but I will never knock my retail or bust mentality, because if I didn't think like that things would be even more out of hand. I honestly could give a **** less about if a shoe is a collab, or an OG or whatever. I simply buy colorways I like and that I plan on wearing some day. That day may never come, but very few shoes I own are worth less than what I paid for them (******* Social Status 6s are the exception). Might just upload a new video for my boys over @ the BD forum. I'm not a shoetuber so I don't care how many people watch my youtube channel or not because it doesn't pay the bills for me.

I just did a count... 107 pairs of differnt Js. I think I am gonna list 7 pairs rn.

Lol... Davey you good, Im the reason youre here,THEREFOR YOU’RE LIKE A SON TO ME. just want to see you making responsible decisions, I been trying to help you cop at retail for years. I almost feel responsible for you spending absurd amounts on these cheap little things. I just think about all the dope AV equipment you could have instead of a few pairs of Js. I personally get much more joy out of a nice piece of equipment for my home theater than any pair of shoes, and I know youre in to all of that too. Different strokes for different folks tho. I hope your next purchase is for retail brother. Feels much better than clicking confirm order on stockx or goat and funding the next mans pair.
A879EBF9-89FA-430B-96B2-079901991EC2.gif

Back
Top Bottom