Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Is there no shame in hoarding something that others could also use and appreciate? I've never had so much of a double of a shoe in my life. Multiples of one silhouette in different colorways, sure. But it's so rare that I've ever actually worn a pair out to death given how many shoes I rotate between wearing that I've never felt the need to have more than one of the exact same.
I've owned doubles and triples of quite a few shoes. I get your point but I have no shame in admitting that I typically either sell my worn pair for what I paid if not more, or donate/ gift them to a friend or person in need.

Even with 100+ pairs I occasionally take a liking to something and then just wear them constantly for weeks on end. It recently happened with the Live Together Play Together AM1. I actually had to pay resell on my double up after they sold out on most footsites.

I probably have less than 20 silhouettes in my closet total despite having well over 100 pairs of kicks. I like what I like and if I like it enough I will double.

It looks like the updated release date for the 1 High Lucky Green is now April 15, 2023 according to this post. For the peeps interested in these, please be aware the release date is no longer this summer as initially speculated. It looks like this account is still referring to these as Celtics despite Lucky Green has been the name for quite some time now.

UGA won had to bring these back out…
7E9BF8E2-CD31-4CBD-8C92-EC8A7002B193.jpeg
333158FC-737A-4EBB-8548-E6D4D196D6AD.jpeg

A Georgia Bulldogs fan I see. But you need to get a white English Bulldog similar one of those real UGA Bulldog mascots to show you're a true fan like that. 😆

Is there no shame in hoarding something that others could also use and appreciate? I've never had so much of a double of a shoe in my life. Multiples of one silhouette in different colorways, sure. But it's so rare that I've ever actually worn a pair out to death given how many shoes I rotate between wearing that I've never felt the need to have more than one of the exact same.

When Jordans first started to retro again in 1999, I was absolutely buying doubles. At that point they were between $100-$125 and they were only doing them about once a month/every other month, so I had no problem buying an extra. My thought process was essentially "idk if I'll ever see these again. I'm gonna beat the sht outta this first pair, and I'll have a backup for when I wear them out." It allowed me to be a little more free with wearing them because I knew I had that spare in the closet if I ever damaged them too badly.

Now that they're coming out weekly and the prices have jumped, I don't do it much any more. It has to be an OG color that I am completely in love with for me to justify it. Luckily, the ones I've wanted to double on haven't been impossible for me to get...yet. Got a feeling these Reimagined 3's are gonna be a problem for doubling.

Patiently waiting for those new spideys to "grow" on yall. We all know it's coming.
I already have to get it because I'm a big fan of the movie and spiderman in general, but I'm not gonna pay bad resale prices. I can live without it tbh since it's more of the novelty for me.

Back
Top Bottom