Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMG_3881.jpeg
IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3883.jpeg
IMG_3884.jpeg

Ended up putting black laces back in my royal’s. I’ve been debating re buying a pair of the ‘16 black/red’s since prices seemed to have dipped back down a little bit. My only hesitation is how much better the shape/cut/etc. might be when they drop in the ‘85 cut. I didn’t want to dig the pollen’s out, but even though these are the “same” shoe, they look drastically different through the last 7-8 years.
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg

I been wanting a pair of those! What kept me from copping is I saw how easily the silver portions scuff off.
I love this pair but they are one of the least durable AJ 1 OG Highs I’ve ever owned and worn (and I’ve owned a ton over the past decade+). It’s funny because the black and white panels are fine but the silver panels are some of the worst materials/paint I’ve seen used on any retros and scrape off so easily. Hell, the “removable” paint on the 2019 NYC-Paris SB AJ 1s stays on better than the silver paint on the silver toes, which is wild lol

I love this pair but they are one of the least durable AJ 1 OG Highs I’ve ever owned and worn (and I’ve owned a ton over the past decade+). It’s funny because the black and white panels are fine but the silver panels are some of the worst materials/paint I’ve seen used on any retros and scrape off so easily. Hell, the “removable” paint on the 2019 NYC-Paris SB AJ 1s stays on better than the silver paint on the silver toes, which is wild lol
They shoulda just released them without that shiny silver stuff and just put regular leather. Also, I'm still trying to figure out if the Black and Golds that release next month use the same material as the Silver Toes on those gold portions because if so I think I'm going to have to pass.

One thing the OG highs will always have over the 85 highs to me personally, is that they will always look better with shorts imo. 85's are so high unless you got really lanky legs them joints come up way to high on my leg. Just a preference thing. However I only wear lows with shorts anyway so its a mute point.

Wow. This just confirms to me that at some point all these shoes will be retroed. Even collabs at some point. I copped these for retail back in 2015, and sold them to go to spring break at south padre lmaoo

Back
Top Bottom