Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yeah this is a great point, even though nobody wants to work with him now, if he died, they would definitely release all of those coveted models.
To that point of he could stay quiet for 3-5 years and out of the spotlight I could see them dropping them as a rebrand for him.

Working with him in his current state seems to volatile, but I believe Nike could find a way to separate him from the product if they had to.

Despite people saying Nike is opening the flood gates I do think they have to hold back on those for the time being just because they know consumers wouldn't appreciate it the same.

To that point of he could stay quiet for 3-5 years and out of the spotlight I could see them dropping them as a rebrand for him.

Working with him in his current state seems to volatile, but I believe Nike could find a way to separate him from the product if they had to.

Despite people saying Nike is opening the flood gates I do think they have to hold back on those for the time being just because they know consumers wouldn't appreciate it the same.
Yeah I agree with all of this.

Honestly, I always regretted not paying the $600-$700 right after release to buy Solars in my size for resell, esp given that they just exponentially increased in price over the years.

I think the Nike Yeezy 1 and 2 are more nostalgia and rarity/value than something that a lot of people would actually buy and wear. Of course it would depend on the numbers (production and price) but if they made a retro in the quantities they did for the Black Cement or Military 4s (they wouldn't), I think they're sitting HARD. I think anything more than the original production run (like 5k pairs each, right?) would probably do severe damage to resale/value. I may be biased and in the minority here, since I never really cared about them, but I've never once seen them on someone's feet and thought "man, I need a pair of those!".

I think the Nike Yeezy 1 and 2 are more nostalgia and rarity/value than something that a lot of people would actually buy and wear. Of course it would depend on the numbers (production and price) but if they made a retro in the quantities they did for the Black Cement or Military 4s (they wouldn't), I think they're sitting HARD. I think anything more than the original production run (like 5k pairs each, right?) would probably do severe damage to resale/value. I may be biased and in the minority here, since I never really cared about them, but I've never once seen them on someone's feet and thought "man, I need a pair of those!".
You never liked Solars?

I can understand how pretty much most of the other models and cws would look dated though (esp ROs which fueled the early-mid 2010s “all red sneaker” trend).

If I can land a pair of the Shattered Backboards for retail, I swear that I'll never post here again.

...no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom