Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
the yellow insole is what makes them HIDEOUS. If they made that black, they wouldn't be too shabby. Still an easy pass tho.

It's just not enough white on the sneaker. They catered to the Hawks away jersey when they could've kept it simple and clean by favoring the home jersey.

It's just not enough white on the sneaker. They catered to the Hawks away jersey when they could've kept it simple and clean by favoring the home jersey.
I think they made it black for people to see the reel on the black parts of the leather but I feel you about the shoe needing more white. I think if the shoe had more white like the Laneys it would've been a much better look

That's the thing , when Mike was playing against Nique the Hawks didn't have any black in their away uniforms. They didn't switch to The Big Hawk until 95 which had a lot of black in the away uniform . Nique played with Boston in 94/95 then in the Euroleague in 95/96.

There honestly shouldn't be any black in this dedication to Nique

They only wore red and white jerseys and white and red no black jerseys but again I like them and think the black is for the reel. I would've love to see it with more white but it is what it is ima still try to cop not going lie. Would be perfect if they was like the celtics, white base, red "reel" and gold accents.

Maybe I wasn't clear my apologies. I know the Hawks didn't have black in there jerseys back in 1985 .. what I am saying is these favor the away jerseys more than the home jerseys. They could've toned these down for a cleaner look by using more white in certain areas.

Man, JB should really just save the "OG" type releases for actual OG Colorways...

Like the Carolinas! Why were those a friggin' "Phat" release?!

They weren't a phat, they were just a mid (which is the same height as a phat if i am not mistaking).

Last edited:
Yup, same pattern etching behind the swoosh that the celtics had. They could have done both CW's so much better. Very disappointed with them. Easy pass, and I was looking forward to these thinking they would be like the China's. Stupid of me to assume, leave it to JB to **** up a good thing.
fake they should have movie reel print

My boy help me out getting these done for me by swapping the tongue out because I hated the cheap leather on them

& heres how it looks with the right NA tags

My boy help me out getting these done for me by swapping the tongue out because I hated the cheap leather on them

Wait, so yours have NIKE on it, not NIKE AIR, right? Either way, looks way better than what it came with...

Wait, so yours have NIKE on it, not NIKE AIR, right? Either way, looks way better than what it came with...

I remove the original tag that was on the tongue & replace it with the correct NA tag. The donor tongue i used is from some beatup orange/white dunks i have in the crib

glad to have these back after foolishly selling them... & it was for the playa price :pimp:

already scoping a ds set to grab & stock

Funny you should post this. Just unDSed my custom yesterday.

Great work btw fam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom