Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Seriously, I never heard of rompers until this. Now all my newsfeeds on Tumblr, fb, etc are riddled with romper stuff. Life is funny like that. I think you caused a chain reaction, bro.

a5b508033012c0b23f66ff787dab7da9_-taj-mohry-was-adorable-tahj-mowry-memes_500-375.jpeg

You guys think there's a chance that Nike drops More colorways of the off white Jordan 1? I could see it becoming its own thing
not likely ... there's a few off-white collabs (ie: AM90, dunk, etc) I'm sure Nike wants to get those off before they go back to the well. Besides it takes virgil a long hot minute to 'deconstruct' his collabs so even if he started now on the next colorway it would be a couple of years before the next AJ1 x Offwhite

Pretty sure they come out of the box bronze and stay bronze...they come prefaded based on the info in SNKRS.

This is what happens when people don't read the SNKRS description or read the last page of the thread. :tongue:

They come black and fade to gold.

Got these two in today. Ordered the red suedes also but they didn't show up yet.
Comparison pic on the blue suede 1s vs the blue suede 12s. The color is way different and so is the material.
Not sure how I feel about the blue suede 1s, the color is great, but they do feel thinner in the sole area than regular 1s.
The suede is longer and more coarse on the 1s compared to the 12s. It does brush up well.
Overall for 80-100 bucks they are worth the ticket in my opinion. Not retail by any means though.
Looking forward to seeing the red and hopefully the grey in hand soon.

Low key waiting to see customs of these and the 'poor man' versions (i.e. - YYs with zip tie adornments, et al)

Maybe I'm tripping, but after seeing people go back and forth over whether or not the Wings come black or gold/bronze, I just reread the "Behind The Design" piece. It says "The Air Jordan I Retro ‘Wings’ was made of black leather with a gold undertone that was revealed through agitation and stress during the shoe’s production process." So it sounds like they ARE initially black, but during the production process, which is before we the buyers get them, they are stressed and agitated into the gold/bronze look.

So it sounds pretty straight forward to me that they're already bronzed/gold, when we get them out of the box.

Maybe I'm tripping, but after seeing people go back and forth over whether or not the Wings come black or gold/bronze, I just reread the "Behind The Design" piece. It says "The Air Jordan I Retro ‘Wings’ was made of black leather with a gold undertone that was revealed through agitation and stress during the shoe’s production process." So it sounds like they ARE initially black, but during the production process, which is before we the buyers get them, they are stressed and agitated into the gold/bronze look.

So it sounds pretty straight forward to me that they're already bronzed/gold, when we get them out of the box.
Nike must have changed that text over the past day because this is a screenshot @babyJs23  took yesterday that shows different text that did not say anything about "during the shoe's production process":

i only buy shoes to wear. and i don't care for reselling or returning shoes. that's too much of a hassle for me. i rather just be happy with the product and put it on my feet when i get them. i enjoy my shoes.

i already don't like them for having those flappy wings and the tongue not being padded like og 1s. it comes with what looks like a thin long tongue. i don't like anything about that. i just like primarily black shoes. and i like to see the process of me wearing them turn into something else. that is the selling point for me. if it doesnt have that i don't care for this release at all. i felt the same way about the 12s. it just looked like the playoffs to me so i didn't care for them until the day after they released i found out the paint chipping and regretted not even trying. i don't want the same to happen for these. so i guess ill try.

i'm just saying if you don't know what color they're gonna be, you're gonna have to try for them

unless we get an early video

i'm betting on them being gold or what ever out the box

Last edited:
Those should have been called the "deconstruct 1's" since they have been deconstructed
The term is actually "distressed," @babyJs23

Apparently what I've researched, these ugly *** disgraceful Off-Whites are following a new rising fashion trend for "high end shoes" that copies the distressed jean concept that is already popular in the fashion world currently.

There is apparently another high-end fashion company that is making a "distressed sneaker" that is 500 times more repulsive than the Off-White 1s.

You can look it up yourself, I just won't post anymore ugly *** "distressed sneakers" because this is an AJ1 thread

What I read was the wing 1 will come black out the box and oarts will turn gold when distressed.

Dont want them tho. Cant get jiggy with a black midsole. But ill try for these and off whites as trade bait :smile:

I have the money to try but would rather wait and get the metallics reds and the new loves btw anymore sales on the reds?

Back
Top Bottom