Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Agree with some of way you say, but see, that's the thing. A 'hobby' should not be a HASSLE. It should be something you enjoy. As you can see on these boards, many who spend a lot of $ are not enjoying the 'hassle', of this hobby. At the end of the day, all this 'game' and hobby boils down to are inconvenient trades. I overpay for a pair of kicks. Then I get someone else to overpay for a pair of kicks. Then I take the proceeds and overpay for another pair of kicks. And the BS goes on and one. If people trusted one another, it would just be a trade, A for B. But of course, that's usually not the case. That would be a real hobby.

It's real simple. All people like Nike have to do is implement the same model thats extremely successful in other 'hobbies.' Limited pre-orders with a non-refundable % down in the beginning. Those who flake on their pre-orders lose the shoes, and the retail stores put them up for sale along with another limited release-day allotment made available on 'physical release day.' It still maintains 'hype' and exclusivity, and people who are sincere get what they want. It's already been done for everything from jewelry and numismatics to model trains and stamps. Stores also do it for limited run fitted hats.

as long as i’ve been buying nikes and j’s
reality is

nike really only cares bout themselves and some of us just can’t stop buying

they produce how much they want, when they want, where they want, as long as their image is always on point, on top, and exclusive and attractive.

i think we all agree in preorders and nike prolly don’t care bout that. It’s a competition for them and us. When they start limiting they know they can retro it again so people who missed out last time can try again to buy, and it’s a cycle of missing out, then some buy then some not.

it would be good if nike really created a smart and effective solution to combat bots, there’s just too many people wanting to flip shoes these days that someone wants to genuinely have for a retail price

Last edited by a moderator:
air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-summit-white-black-clay-green-555088-135.jpg
Now that those Ronald 1s are in the past,
Can we start discussing these now?

lol

sodium levels rising

No salt over here... I gladly sat these out cause I already have SBB, Chis, black toes, multiple breds... these were just redundancy to me. I def think they’re cool though and congrats to those who copped. Bigger congrats to those were able to practice some restraint cause they already own multiple pairs just like these haha.

So my foot action reserve still showing as I didn't pick it up even though I did. What should I do? I don't wanna mess my chances up next time I use the app.

I wouldn't worry about it. It should update eventually. Whenever the "Have you completed your purchase" window pops up when I'm in the store, I always hit "Yes" and it says "Looks like you haven't completed your purchase yet." It does not penalize you regarding future app reservation releases. As long as the money spent reflects on your VIP total spent amount, then you straight.

Took countless Ls for a size 11 today. Anybody in NYC I was just in NT and they got a handful waiting for pickups. They got until 8pm and whatever’s left is FCFS tomorrow morning. In the pile that’s left behind the register they only have like three 10s, an 8, 9, 10.5, 12, 13. If y’all around then come see them early!

I’ll just hold the L and hope for a restock.

And that's exactly what I mean. I didn't want these at all. I have the other 3. Did I try to cop them. Yes.

I would have sold them 10 mins later and used the funds to get the FT3s that I struck out on last week.

It's just the fact the now we have to play this 'game' again. When you find yourself trying to cop sneakers that you don't even want (like these Bred-cousins) so that you can use the funds to justify overpaying for another sneaker you want (that was also purposely short-produced to create hype)...

Nike, just make quality product that people want. Make pre-sales available, etc. And quit the hype game BS. Jordans are like Chucks. They are timeless/iconic at this point. Hype not necessary for sales. They could release OG 1s/Chicagos every year and they would sell.

And this is pretty much why I refuse to pay resell. Some do it for the money and some do it to fund other shoe purchases. I refuse to bankroll someone else's collection. They can buy their own cot damn shoes.

Back
Top Bottom