Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Recently got a great deal on a pair of 2015’s but I’m kind of attached to my 94’s. If you had to wear just one pair which would it be? Curious to hear responces. 94’s ar probably a 7/10, 15’s are 9/10.
E95D404C-7540-4A18-842E-81AC89CE487E.jpeg

beat up the 94s

Recently got a great deal on a pair of 2015’s but I’m kind of attached to my 94’s. If you had to wear just one pair which would it be? Curious to hear responces. 94’s ar probably a 7/10, 15’s are 9/10.
E95D404C-7540-4A18-842E-81AC89CE487E.jpeg

beat up the 94s

kinda tough because both can hold their own value even if worn, but I tend to give my older retros a rest once a new retro is available. Your 94s even worn holds a decent value. I’d say wear the ‘15. You’d probably further deteriorate your ‘94 if you continue to wear them (especially being almost a 30 year old shoe) and ultimately you’ll only have one pair in the ‘15. Present day shoes are able withstand crazy beatings, you’re ‘15 will last a long time.

Never handled them in person but from everything I've heard about them they really are high quality...plus they're an original idea. Limited and resell price has nothing to do with it. If JB released them as a general release but still used the same quality materials then I'd still make the BMW comparison
I have the Black Toe Unions, and I personally love them. The unique build and unique details of them, the good quality, and the fact that they’re almost the Black Toe with Black Tongue that I’ve always wanted are what reeled me in. But IMO, anyone would be absolutely fooling themselves if they said their limited nature had absolutely nothing to do with their appeal.

grey japans looking nice. wonder how navys would look like...?

also what if they included these (probably in the insoles instead of the heel)
air-jordan-1-obsidian-white-unreleased-jumpman-sample-05.jpg
I’m pretty sure that they’ll look just like the original Navy Japan’s, but with the same stitched NA on the tongue like on the upcoming Silver pair. So just like this...
FB141473-6EAB-4606-BFDB-FA237532FB4E.jpeg
2A976BB1-FDDF-400D-88BD-A6BF85815E49.jpeg
FEE8686B-102F-42E2-8FAF-843BD17149D7.jpeg

Probably the only Jordan 1 im ok with having a jump man
I’ve always liked these, but always dreamed of a release without the Jumpman, so I was excited about this rumored pair. But, and I’ve said it a few times before, the lack of a tongue tag looks weird to me. Just a straight naked tongue without the tag to give it more dimension and break up the the tongue area is a tad odd. So it’ll be a close call on whether I ultimately swing for them or not.

I can’t wait for my Court Purples (CPs) to touch down. While I’d always prefer the original style nylon tongue tag, the CPs are perfect otherwise, so IMO the tag is a minor detail when everything else (color and colorblocking) is dope.
While I totally understand and respect how a detail like the tongue tag can sway someone one way or the other in terms of liking a pair, some of you guys are talking like if JB gave us a completely accurate reproduction of a classic Jordan 1 (like let’s say a Chicago 1 or maybe the coveted Black Toe w/ Black tongue), and gave us actual quality material, great shape, and correct OG details, and the actual single difference was a leather tongue tag as opposed to the nylon version, that you’d pass due to this single detail. While I’m sure some would, and that’s perfectly fine, let’s not act like that single detail would truly deter many from buying would we’d otherwise view as a perfect shoe. Let the inevitable 85’ Chicago be this whole “limited, numbered, genuine calf leather, 1 to 1 OG perfect reproduction of the coveted Jordan 1 Chicago, white tongue tag like the OGs but leather to signify this once in a life time re-creation,” and all these things be indeed true. 99.9% of us would be losing our sht over them (I would, but the Chi is the GOAT Jordan to me), even if some commented here and there about how they wish the tag was nylon.

I can’t wait for my Court Purples (CPs) to touch down. While I’d always prefer the original style nylon tongue tag, the CPs are perfect otherwise, so IMO the tag is a minor detail when everything else (color and colorblocking) is dope.
While I totally understand and respect how a detail like the tongue tag can sway someone one way or the other in terms of liking a pair, some of you guys are talking like if JB gave us a completely accurate reproduction of a classic Jordan 1 (like let’s say a Chicago 1 or maybe the coveted Black Toe w/ Black tongue), and gave us actual quality material, great shape, and correct OG details, and the actual single difference was a leather tongue tag as opposed to the nylon version, that you’d pass due to this single detail. While I’m sure some would, and that’s perfectly fine, let’s not act like that single detail would truly deter many from buying would we’d otherwise view as a perfect shoe. Let the inevitable 85’ Chicago be this whole “limited, numbered, genuine calf leather, 1 to 1 OG perfect reproduction of the coveted Jordan 1 Chicago, white tongue tag like the OGs but leather to signify this once in a life time re-creation,” and all these things be indeed true. 99.9% of us would be losing our sht over them (I would, but the Chi is the GOAT Jordan to me), even if some commented here and there about how they wish the tag was nylon.
Leather tongue tag wasn’t a deal breaker for me. I’d rather true to form, but I love the dark purple color they used and the Chicago style blocking. It looks so classic. Not to mention they use WHITE and not Sail like they used on the other Court Purple’s. I actually prefer these over the other ones, but for me it goes back to the OG Chicago style blocking.

Leather tongue tag wasn’t a deal breaker for me. I’d rather true to form, but I love the dark purple color they used and the Chicago style blocking. It looks so classic. Not to mention they use WHITE and not Sail like they used on the other Court Purple’s. I actually prefer these over the other ones, but for me it goes back to the OG Chicago style blocking.
Exactly my point. I’d prefer the nylon tongue, but they’re dope regardless, and Chi color blocking is GOAT IMO. I also like purple since it’s both my high school colors and I’m a Kobe fan, so these were additionally a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom