Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

UN-DS today
C59AEB70-D5C5-4414-9623-D1241ECF46FF.jpeg

I have a question for you guys. For those who have been collecting for a minute, what shoes have fallen out of rotation for you over the years? The longer I collected, the more I started buying less if that makes sense.

For me, Nike basketball has fallen out completely ( I know it’s been dead for a while). I may buy some retro Brons or Kobe’s if they ever become attainable again, or specifically KD 4 retros. I only have 2 pairs of yeezy 350 and His line of shoes have actually kinda fallen out of style for me. I actually don’t wear my 11 lows anymore, Jordan 5s have fallen out kinda for me as well. I only really check for low and high og ones, 3s, 4s, kinda sorta 11 highs (really only want true space jams to rerelease since I have the cords, Breds, cool greys, and those supposed jams) and Air Force ones. I’ve been collecting for 10yrs now, and I just noticed how I don’t check for every shoe anymore.

I have a question for you guys. For those who have been collecting for a minute, what shoes have fallen out of rotation for you over the years? The longer I collected, the more I started buying less if that makes sense.

For me, Nike basketball has fallen out completely ( I know it’s been dead for a while). I may buy some retro Brons or Kobe’s if they ever become attainable again, or specifically KD 4 retros. I only have 2 pairs of yeezy 350 and His line of shoes have actually kinda fallen out of style for me. I actually don’t wear my 11 lows anymore, Jordan 5s have fallen out kinda for me as well. I only really check for low and high og ones, 3s, 4s, kinda sorta 11 highs (really only want true space jams to rerelease since I have the cords, Breds, cool greys, and those supposed jams) and Air Force ones. I’ve been collecting for 10yrs now, and I just noticed how I don’t check for every shoe anymore.
Anything besides a 1 or a dunk that will last for years I stay away from. I’ve preached it on here about wearing your shoes because I have a closet full that can’t be worn anymore and I didn’t enjoy them. I don’t buy retros that I’ve had before anymore, I just go up and look at the ones I had. Saying all that I very rarely buy anything anymore, content with what I have, when I get Chicago lows I’m pretty much set. Truly been doing this since 85 when I was a freshman.

I used to buy a ton of non og Jordan colorways but then i came to the conclusion as I got older I'm not going to get a lot of wear out of em since I work an office job that requires me to wear shoes. Now I just buy Jordan 1's since they can last for decades and I don't have to deal with em falling apart on me. I also get OG Jordan colorways or Jordan colorways I wanted when I was little that I couldn't afford.

Last edited:
Anything besides a 1 or a dunk that will last for years I stay away from. I’ve preached it on here about wearing your shoes because I have a closet full that can’t be worn anymore and I didn’t enjoy them. I don’t buy retros that I’ve had before anymore, I just go up and look at the ones I had. Saying all that I very rarely buy anything anymore, content with what I have, when I get Chicago lows I’m pretty much set. Truly been doing this since 85 when I was a freshman.
Since 85! Damn that’s incredible. I was wearing some foams not too long ago and literally walked out of the soles, which made me start thinking about this. I’ve unds all my shoes because of that, with the exception of only a couple really recent purchases and made me start to really look this collection hobby and change be strategic on what I wear.
I used to buy a ton of non og Jordan colorways but then i came to the conclusion as I got older I'm not going to get a lot of wear out of em since I work an office job that requires me to wear shoes. Now I just buy Jordan 1's since they can last for decades and I don't have to deal with em falling apart on me. I also get OG Jordan colorways or Jordan colorways I wanted when I was little that I couldn't afford.
Same here! I recently went back to school so I can now actually wear my shoes, but my previous jobs I couldn’t wear them. For this past school year it was pretty incredible the amount of shoes I unds because I have time to wear them.
Pretty much try to stick to comfort or shoes I’ll wear and won’t disintegrate.

I’m in scrubs all day so usual comfort shoes. Otherwise weekend is all I get.
I feel you there. I used to use the ultra boost as my comfort shoes, but my feet don’t like them anymore. My Kobe 8s are my biggest comfort shoes right now.

These will be copped, but I’m not gonna lie, the shape change is killing me.
Shape change from when?

My buddies size 10 coral lows the left shoe was wound all tight and insole out of wack. Even a little spot on the bottom of the outsole that looked noticeable to the eye. Not sure if that’s QC or what but something I noticed, but the ng1 lows had the same thing and those wore fine.

Back
Top Bottom