Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

Only Finish Line are doing Raffles so far... Some Foot Lockers are doing the guaranteed tickets again like they did with the Bred 4's.  But some Foot Lockers in your area may be doing Raffles.  It's all about contacting them and asking your local store how they are doing it.

Last edited:
Random thought. There's going to be a lot of salty niketalkers come release date. I say about a third of us will probably strike out on this release. Hope I'm wrong though.

a third? Shoot, I'll be happy with those odds. I'll go with half of us will be salty.

LOL not a pair that released recently that had an actual market value of $300!  There were more of those than any release I've seen in years, even with all the beasts after them.  Can't even compare the value of the 2012 BC 4's to any XI model.  Don't shake your damn head at me when you think you'll get a shoe cheaper because it does NOT yellow.

Yellowing didn't hurt the value of a shoe in comparison with another version THAT ALSO YELLOWS, that's not even a comparison hahaha

Can you re-read, I don't think you're comprehending to the point this discussion is getting silly.

I mentioned the black cement IV's to point out how prices jump up and then go down. That's every release. It's another recent Jordan general release.

And clear soles have never hurt the value of a sneaker. Look at foams.

Concords and Space Jams are also more popular than playoff XI's. There's a lot of factors, however you seem stuck on the, well the sole doesn't yellow so it's better.

What does the consensus think ? I want to know if that's a straight exchange bred 11's for the Concords ? Deadstock a la deadstock !!
Depends on how you look at it. Years from now, the black/reds may be worth more because they won't suffer from yellowing like the concords will. As of right now, I would say the concords are worth more because a DS pair of those will be more scarce than a DS pair of black/reds once they release

a third? Shoot, I'll be happy with those odds. I'll go with half of us will be salty.

not to my interest obviously(lol) but dont give in on pre-ordering for high pricing...try to get them for retail or else pay the reseller price which would be around the same as preordering.im sayin this cause imo this is the release nike is gonna try to eliminate resellers for some time...there is gonna be plenty of these...just a logical guess though...even if im wrong you will pay as much as preordering these...fleabay will be full..but first try to get them retail.

Ill be honest, the yellowing is the only thing that I am worried about. Of course that bothers me, I saw some pics of the finish line re stock, it was only a bit around the pods. I know I won't find anything cleaner than that. Those were sitting on the shelf for like 11 Mths. Thinking hard!

concords are ICONIC... if you wearing the shoes who gives a flyin F about the minor yellowing , which are around the pods.. but its up to personal preference.. i was able to get a 2nd pair of concords thru the fnl restock... i wont be upset if i dont get these on release date..

not to my interest obviously(lol) but dont give in on pre-ordering for high pricing...try to get them for retail or else pay the reseller price which would be around the same as preordering.im sayin this cause imo this is the release nike is gonna try to eliminate resellers for some time...there is gonna be plenty of these...just a logical guess though...even if im wrong you will pay as much as preordering these...fleabay will be full..but first try to get them retail.

not sure what to think in terms of quantity. I do know my spot received around 60 pairs of IV's last month, when they typically get 20 pairs for big releases. For the XI's, only 35 pairs will be had.

This is just one store (major chain), but I dont like my odds. I wont buy these off reseller. Its either a store (online or in person) I know of, or nothing at all.

Depends on how you look at it. Years from now, the black/reds may be worth more because they won't suffer from yellowing like the concords will. As of right now, I would say the concords are worth more because a DS pair of those will be more scarce than a DS pair of black/reds once they release

Very good point !! True true, so you can look at it from a few different angles. But I hear that, basic law of supply & demand.

Can you re-read, I don't think you're comprehending to the point this discussion is getting silly.
I mentioned the black cement IV's to point out how prices jump up and then go down. That's every release. It's another recent Jordan general release.
Concords and Space Jams are also more popular than playoff XI's. There's a lot of factors, however you seem stuck on the, well the sole doesn't yellow so it's better.

indeed indeed

concords are ICONIC... if you wearing the shoes who gives a flyin F about the minor yellowing , which are around the pods.. but its up to personal preference.. i was able to get a 2nd pair of concords thru the fnl restock... i wont be upset if i dont get these on release date..

Oh don't get me wrong, I will definitely grab those with the slight yellow around the pod. Most definitely !! I was just thinking out loud. Obviously if I had the choice, you know the answer. However since that re stock is probably the best condition you will come across, I would gladly rock those. Without a doubt bruh !!

I thought he brought up some great points. I think you need to re-read what he said.. I saw what YOU said. You looked at it from a very simple minded perspective..

#1) All foams have clear soles.. there's not a non-clear sole version to compare to.

#2) The hype when the Concord XI's released was when Air Jordan shoes had an all time hype level (which seems to have gone up even more). Which explains why they were higher than CDP XI's.

#3) The sole on these won't yellow, the hype on Jordan's is even higher now than when concord's came out..

With that being said we haven't had a recent "quality" release of the XI playoff's to compare to. I would imagine in a couple years the yellowing will be a bigger issue

when it comes to re-sell..

I hope you're right. Still I feel like supply will miss demand by a long shot. I'm loving this quiteness before the storm lol. Somewhat eerie. Its like dejavu from last years madness. To all good luck on your "quest" for your pair.

was-it-the-shoes-fathers-day.jpg

was-it-the-shoes-fathers-day-1.jpg

was-it-the-shoes-fathers-day-2.jpg

was-it-the-shoes-fathers-day-3.jpg
Playoff XI's.. ICONIC!
nthat.gif

I thought he brought up some great points. I think you need to re-read what he said.. I saw what YOU said. You looked at it from a very simple minded perspective..

#1) All foams have clear soles.. there's not a non-clear sole version to compare to.
#2) The hype when the Concord XI's released was when Air Jordan shoes had an all time hype level (which seems to have gone up even more). Which explains why they were higher than CDP XI's.
#3) The sole on these won't yellow, the hype on Jordan's is even higher now than when concord's came out..

With that being said we haven't had a recent "quality" release of the XI playoff's to compare to. I would imagine in a couple years the yellowing will be a bigger issue
when it comes to re-sell..

I think some of you must not know playoffs, concords and space jams released prior to 2009 :smh:

And all foams have clear soles :stoneface:

I don't even know why I bother having some discussions up here. You can tell who just started being a sneakerhead.

And trust me son, you aren't close to intelligent enough to even think of me as simple minded.

Last edited:
No that is not what I am stuck on.  You are the one that is not understanding my first reply to Czar.  The next message was mostly about the costs you are throwing out there and the range they move in, which you are wrong about and using a shoe for an example that is nothing like the 2 we are discussing.  You need to re-read the post.

Yellowing soles will hurt a sneakers value IN COMPARISON TO ANOTHER SHOE!!  I am not saying there are not expensive yellow soled shoes.  You are only picking out the 2 most popular ones ever, and I see PLENTY of foams for the same percentage over retail as your basic, known Jordan.

And yeah this is old, we don't agree,  but my first post was about one specific subject.  The market value/trade value of 2012 Blk/red XI's vs 2011 Concord XI's.  In six months if he wants the one he does not get in the trade, my opinion is that he will spend more money getting a 2012 blk/red XI.  That is it.

I think some of you must not know playoffs, concords and space jams released prior to 2009 :smh:
And all foams have clear soles :stoneface:
I don't even know why I bother having some discussions up here. You can tell who just started being a sneakerhead.
And trust me son, you aren't close to intelligent enough to even think of me as simple minded.

Lol

I think some of you must not know playoffs, concords and space jams released prior to 2009
mean.gif

And all foams have clear soles
indifferent.gif

Yeah, the playoff's released before 2009.. they released in 2001.. that was a long time ago.. can you even ball in a pair that old and maintain the same level as a fresh pair.. I wouldn't
mean.gif

You're just being a Concord fanboy. There's nothing more ICONIC, better, etc about the Concords than the playoff XI's (you can tell who grew up in Chicago watching MJ).
nthat.gif

What would the Concord's have on the Playoff XI's son?

Last edited:
No that is not what I am stuck on.  You are the one that is not understanding my first reply to Czar.  The next message was mostly about the costs you are throwing out there and the range they move in, which you are wrong about and using a shoe for an example that is nothing like the 2 we are discussing.  You need to re-read the post.

Yellowing soles will hurt a sneakers value IN COMPARISON TO ANOTHER SHOE!!  I am not saying there are not expensive yellow soled shoes.  You are only picking out the 2 most popular ones ever, and I see PLENTY of foams for the same percentage over retail as your basic, known Jordan.

And yeah this is old, we don't agree,  but my first post was about one specific subject.  The market value/trade value of 2012 Blk/red XI's vs 2011 Concord XI's.  In six months if he wants the one he does not get in the trade, my opinion is that he will spend more money getting a 2012 blk/red XI.  That is it.

No he will spend more on the one that is more available in the market...which will be the latest release.

What's easier to get a black cement III or IV? Why, the III is older so they're less in the market place.

Next, with concords and space jams you want a decent pair, so there will always be a high demand for them. Why do you think people are still able to buy ten year old playoffs for a good price?

Next concords and space jams are more popular.
Because they don't yellow, less people will buy multiples.

Next how many people have said they already have playoff XI's so they're good and skipping this release. How many pics have you seen? If space jams came back out today, how many people would skip out?

I think some of you must not know playoffs, concords and space jams released prior to 2009
mean.gif

And all foams have clear soles
indifferent.gif

#1) I have Maroon VI's as my avatar.. you think I just "started being a sneakerhead", really?

#2) I've been rocking Air Jordan's since 1989 son. When did you start?

^^ cmon y all stop arguing and ****...for those ****** shoes and your 'knowledge' of the game.we have different opinions.its ok.let the thread keep rolling...if we gonna hate on someone hate on ****** nike and jb for selling shoes 185 and ourselves for lining up for them.

Last edited:
Yeah, the playoff's released before 2009.. they released in 2001.. that was a long time ago.. can you even ball in a pair that old and maintain the same level as a fresh pair.. I wouldn't :smh:

You're just being a Concord fanboy. There's nothing more ICONIC, better, etc about the Concords than the playoff XI's (you can tell who grew up in Chicago watching MJ). :nthat:

What would the Concord's have on the Playoff XI's son?

No you just don't know what you're talking about. :smh:

You need to do less typing and more reading.

No he will spend more on the one that is more available in the market...which will be the latest release.
What's easier to get a black cement III or IV? Why, the III is older so they're less in the market place.
Next, with concords and space jams you want a decent pair, so there will always be a high demand for them. Why do you think people are still able to buy ten year old playoffs for a good price?
Next concords and space jams are more popular.
Next how many people have said they already have playoff XI's so they're good and skipping this release. How many pics have you seen? If space jams came back out today, how many people would skip out?
And please enlighten us older folk who watched Jordan win a championship in these Playof XI's.. why people wouldn't always want these playoff XI's...?

Just look at this thread.. how many pages was the concord XI thread 2 weeks before release!?

No you just don't know what you're talking about.
mean.gif

You need to do less typing and more reading.
What one says when they have no supporting facts/information ^^

You sound like you're in 5th grade with that. You already invalidated yourself when you tried to tell me I just got into the sneaker game. I've been buying and wearing Jordans since 1989.

Next, with Concords and space jams you want a decent pair, so there will always be a high demand for them. Why do you think people are still able to buy ten year old playoffs for a good price?
Next Concords and space jams are more popular.
What was EVER less expensive/easier to get In the most recent releases of the BC's?  the BC 4.  No matter when it released.  The second they hit the market they were and will continue to be less expensive.

I am not talking about what all of these people want to buy for RETAIL more than the next.  Quit trying to turn this inti something you want to argue about.  I am talking about Czar's question.  Receiver of blk/red XI's is the winner and will spend less money to have them both.  Now, tomorrow, next summer, and in 4 summers.  You are now just arguing points with yourself.  Nothing you have said has given me any proof that what I am saying is incorrect.  I am using MARKET VALUES here, you are using peoples opinions about retail priced shoes.... C'mon man.

Back
Top Bottom