Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say this last thing about reselling and I'll let it be...

For all of you "nobody is going to pay...." people on this forum, let me be very clear. I put 3 pair on craigslist less than one hour ago for $250. I've had 11 people call me for those 3 sizes in the last 15 minutes. I waiting in line at two stores last Saturday for less than 30 minutes, along with my brother and some other kids I paid $20 to each to stand in line for less than 30 minutes, I ended up with 10 pairs total.

169.99 = 6% = 180.19 + $20 to each kid = 201.19

I charged $250 - 201.19 = 48.81 x 7 (the amount of pairs I sold so far) = 341.67
potential total profit = 488.10

let's subtract $20 for gas for the 4 trips I made going go Champs for tickets and pickup. 468.10

I spent exactly 2 hours or less traveling back and forth to champs to my house. all the kids met up at my little brothers house.

that is $234.15 per hour.

You tell me where I can make $234 an hour, almost $500 in ONE weekend for just waiting in line and making some ads. AND PEOPLE ARE STILL CALLING ME RIGHT NOW.

"real money"...lmfao. I'm cracking up at you people. Selling one pair, ok, but there are people who do this...SERIOUSLY. People who get 20 pairs of each GR release. These are selling in my city right now for $300, but I chose $250 so I could move them quicker. I sold my other 7 pair ALL via pre-order, meaning I had the customers before I even had the shoes and only one of them flaked out. Stop acting like this is going away. All I do is take my profit and re-invest in reselling to buy more pair. If I could, I'd buy 100 pairs of these. Forget FEE-BAY, hand to hand all day. This isn't bragging because I know some of you have careers where you make $150k a year or more and this is NOTHING to you. But I am a student with a decent job and this is just extra money to fund my hobby in which I also have to buy from resellers.
 I don't like people like you. lol Nothing personal,  but you are right if you are reselling 10 plus pairs u will make some nice side cash and you will get your pair free every release.  No matter how much time it takes up you are still planning and investing some time in it which makes it a side job for you.   More power to you! This is a free country and I'm not gonna knock your hustle. 

Now for people trying to resell only a pair or 2 it's just a waste of time.  Your not gonna make much unless it's a limited hyped up release.    With that said I hope NIke and JB keeps up with the restocks to put resellers out of business.

Overall, not a bad retro at all. Kind of reminds me of the Playoff XII in terms of closeness to previous retro. The white side panels are definitely NOT as soft as the countdowns. The countdowns also have a bigger tongue. The reds of the soles however, are VERY close, if not identical (contrary to what I was previously told).

The tumbling of the leather on the toe seems to vary from pair to pair, but generally they are smoother (not to be confused with softer) than the CDP.

Like I said, overall a good job. Oh and very little glue stains!

just invited random dudes to check out your shoe collection
sick.gif
REALLY?!? Cool!! Maybe they can help me eat all this random pizza I've been getting today
reading really cant be that hard, can it?

Last edited:
do you guys really believe these will restock?? wasn't the retro'88 suppose to restock?... but that hasn't happened

I don't like people like you. lol Nothing personal,  but you are right if you are reselling 10 plus pairs u will make some nice side cash and you will get your pair free every release.  No matter how much time it takes up you are still planning and investing some time in it which makes it a side job for you.   More power to you! This is a free country and I'm not gonna knock your hustle. 
That's a p.u.n.k. Hustle . People need these in their lives on a budget, and you are a burden on us. There's a reason it's limit one per cust.

Like for real man, nobody was talking bout these people were more worried about the bred XI restock, the hype on on these were totally uncalled for. Now everybody on the gram flexin sayin got the "games" how bout you :smh:

I don't get why chatter about an upcoming release would have any relation to how tough it is to obtain. If anything, people with a brain refrain from telling the world in order to keep knowledge as limited as possible. Of course people are talking about an XI restock. It's crazy that 4 months later they are doing what essentially amounts to a second large scale release. That's unheard of!

Even on NT this thread has only blown up in the last 36 hrs, which shouldn't be shocking as every release thread blows up the day before and of release!

do you guys really believe these will restock?? wasn't the retro'88 suppose to restock?... but that hasn't happened
Be patient both will restock at some point this year.  Look at how many times the Bred 11's have restocked and even the Thunder 4's which were suppose to be limited.  I think JB will restock all the OG colorways for now on.   They would be dumb not too.  

I just want to say this last thing about reselling and I'll let it be...

For all of you "nobody is going to pay...." people on this forum, let me be very clear. I put 3 pair on craigslist less than one hour ago for $250. I've had 11 people call me for those 3 sizes in the last 15 minutes. I waiting in line at two stores last Saturday for less than 30 minutes, along with my brother and some other kids I paid $20 to each to stand in line for less than 30 minutes, I ended up with 10 pairs total.

169.99 = 6% = 180.19 + $20 to each kid = 201.19

I charged $250 - 201.19 = 48.81 x 7 (the amount of pairs I sold so far) = 341.67
potential total profit = 488.10

let's subtract $20 for gas for the 4 trips I made going go Champs for tickets and pickup. 468.10

I spent exactly 2 hours or less traveling back and forth to champs to my house. all the kids met up at my little brothers house.

that is $234.15 per hour.

You tell me where I can make $234 an hour, almost $500 in ONE weekend for just waiting in line and making some ads. AND PEOPLE ARE STILL CALLING ME RIGHT NOW.

"real money"...lmfao. I'm cracking up at you people. Selling one pair, ok, but there are people who do this...SERIOUSLY. People who get 20 pairs of each GR release. These are selling in my city right now for $300, but I chose $250 so I could move them quicker. I sold my other 7 pair ALL via pre-order, meaning I had the customers before I even had the shoes and only one of them flaked out. Stop acting like this is going away. All I do is take my profit and re-invest in reselling to buy more pair. If I could, I'd buy 100 pairs of these. Forget FEE-BAY, hand to hand all day. This isn't bragging because I know some of you have careers where you make $150k a year or more and this is NOTHING to you. But I am a student with a decent job and this is just extra money to fund my hobby in which I also have to buy from resellers.
It is simple logic that re-selling is gonna net profit and that is understood. However, lets take the other side of the equation.

17 year old kid gets 350$ paycheck

20 for gas to enter raffles and doesnt win

Stands in line for a few hours only to hear his size sold out.

calls you and pays 250 when he could have had one of the pair you made profit off of.

Reason to dislike re-sellers.

@ jacksodk I got through on that FNL link around 8:35 with a couple of refresh clicks & got my conformation emailed to me around 8:40 or so.

That's a p.u.n.k. Hustle . People need these in their lives on a budget, and you are a burden on us. There's a reason it's limit one per cust.
I agree it is.  Times are tough these days but resellers are always gonna be around because people are willing to pay the jacked up prices. Until this stops and JB starts producing more of the product we are gonna have to deal with it whether we like it or not.  Only thing we can do is adjust and do our homework if we really want a shoe that's gonna release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom