Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sad thing is the cdp's had horrible quality lol. i still wear my og blk/wht 13s and the quality is amazing. idk if i want to buy these man. i really love these but looking at this pic makes me rethink it. they look like fakes.....i could buy for about $75 and i'm still not sold. pathetic @ jb

CDP 13s are not horrible quality just stop with that nonsense. I don't see glue marks on my pair or other flaws. The white perforated leather upper is smooth and the black suede feels great. Stop bashing newer releases just because you have a pair of OG's, we get it already your fly. :stoneface:

exactly he probly just says that about all cdp shoes like alot of ppl do that probly don't own them. truth is yes a fair amount of cdp shoes were just filler and made poorly, but a good amount of them had better quality than we are getting today frankly.

Honestly, outside the Jordan 6 and 7s as my most comfortable jordan, either by personal or hearing my fellow sneaker heads over the years....

I will say these are compfy for walking and even ball. Love bringing these out every once in a while on the court.

But remember everyone is different depending on your arch and series of shoe as each one responds differently to foot type.
hahahahaha this pic makes the shoes look terrible! just saying

its so funny to me that the most recently joined members are the quality birds..did you even have jordans when quality was actually good?
yeah the many j's i've purchased pre 2012 are far beyond superior in craftsmanship & material quality 
laugh.gif

What is resale on these looking like?  Im thinking of pulling the trigger at $240 to cop early.  I was able to pick up the black and red He Got Games AFTER rd for $200 on CL.  You guys think these will be the same?

Last edited:
its so funny to me that the most recently joined members are the quality birds..did you even have jordans when quality was actually good?
Just because you didn't have the good quality ones doesn't mean you can't tell when something is bad quality. I can compare my retros to my kamikazes and they aren't nearly as comfortable/durable

i'm takling '85-05
yeah more than a couple since 5th grade i've owned a pair and i'm in my late twenties now so i think i should be able to tell the decline in craftsmanship & material quality through out the yrs.i remember when the materials were so good there wasn't nothing soap & a toothbrush couldn't fix.

Last edited:
yeah more than a couple since 5th grade i've owned a pair and i'm in my late twenties now so i think i should be able to tell the decline in craftsmanship & material quality through out the yrs. 
This has been discussed in every thread on NT for the last 5 yrs. Obviously retro quality is not up to par with the ogs. But atleast the retros are wearable. JB knows they can cut costs and lower the quality and still sell out instantly. So why would they even bother?

Last edited:
My guess would be the quality issue gets brought up by so many people at a ridiculously redundant rate because that's the "cool" thing to do within the culture to let other "sneakerheads" know you were around when the quality was better, you're not new to this here "sneaker game" LMAO!

My thing is don't you look like the biggest fool by constantly buying shoes at increased prices despite you being well aware and knowledgable that the quality is "inferior" to a shoe that was cheaper in the past?

The complaining actually accomplishes the opposite of what "sneaker players" intend for it to do...

I don't understand why people complain about quality on jordans like its on a constant loop for every release. If you're not gonna get it then don't complain about the quality it's not like we are completely oblivious to this

I don't understand why people complain about quality on jordans like its on a constant loop for every release. If you're not gonna get it then don't complain about the quality it's not like we are completely oblivious to this
The constant rants on quality is becoming redundant.  If you feel a shoe, JB or any other company, isn't worth the asking price then don't buy it.  How hard is that to understand.  People complain and then act like a JB rep put a gun to their head and made them purchase the shoe.  If you buy a shoe in store and still complain about the quality the blame is on you not the company.  I've seen people buy a shoe in store and say the quality is horrible when holding it in hand but will buy it anyway.  
tired.gif

roll.gif

What is resale on these looking like?  Im thinking of pulling the trigger at $240 to cop early.  I was able to pick up the black and red He Got Games AFTER rd for $200 on CL.  You guys think these will be the same?
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew this nickname was a bad idea....
alien.gif

****** *** blackberry picture somewhere buried in there is an og  blk and white 13 from 97.. this was last time i went to my storage last summer 

The constant rants on quality is becoming redundant.  If you feel a shoe, JB or any other company, isn't worth the asking price then don't buy it.  How hard is that to understand.  People complain and then act like a JB rep put a gun to their head and made them purchase the shoe.  If you buy a shoe in store and still complain about the quality the blame is on you not the company.  I've seen people buy a shoe in store and say the quality is horrible when holding it in hand but will buy it anyway.  
tired.gif

roll.gif

What's wrong about people voicing their opinions if they have solid argument? That's what message boards are here for. If the quality isn't there, your right, you shouldn't buy. However, you should be allowed to speak your mind. The minority that recollect when Jordan's were produced with thee upmost integrity are still disappointed that they can't get an accurate portrayal of their favorite past shoes. They can't get the older retros because they're expensive, unwearable, or uncomfortable due to time. So all thats left is venting. Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom