Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got NikeNYC and RooseveltFD within like 5 secs... Prolly not fast enough though smh..
mad.gif

Is anyone actually trying to RSVP without a bot? Seems like RSVP is dunzo now. We'll see how fast this thread moves today, but at least I'm not sitting around worried about RSVPing. I figure even if I don't get in on the NTSF RSVP, they will have pairs later on Saturday afternoon that I'll grab from if all else fails.

Imma try my luck today but I'm sure my change at getting RSVP is over. War against the machines on this now. I was about 75% with NTSF too. But same with you, gonna hang out there around 3:45 and hope they got some pairs sitting. They usually do.

I just seen these in person and the quality is trash compared to my CDP Pack. It's worse then the bred 13s this year.

That's your opinion and it's 100% false. Don't compare these to the atrocity that was the 2013 blk/red XIII. That was a castrated retro, word to Ninjahood. These are as true to og form you can get. Stop misleading people. I bet you haven't even held them in your hands. foh

lol... glad you are a grown man and not a kid behind a keyboard...

I am not whining about the price point, $170 is an easily affordable price for me... but for a basketball shoe that I can't hoop in, these are a no go. Mostly all other retros that I recently purchased (royals, 88 threes, 4s, etc) were not shoes that I have nor ever will hoop in, like you mentioned 'not a performance shoe', so it was easy for me to justify my purchase... the 13s however? as mentioned before, are a performance model IMO

and not that it matters (because I do not want to go back and forth arguing about SHOES) but I did hold these in my hand, try them on, and I don't like the feel of them

at $170 you can't even just buy the shoe for the hell of it anymore... you have to seriously contemplate "am I really gonna get solid wears out of this thing?"

my answer: nope

passing on a butchered classic :x

Re-read your first post. You said "at $170 you can't even just buy the shoe for the hell of it anymore". I'm not hating on you for not liking the retro, that's fine, but I just don't know what people are expecting. The thing is, I still have OG pairs and while they may be nicer, they're hardly wearable and the difference isn't drastic in terms of fit or feel. I can't speak specifically to this one yet, but when it comes to the Playoff and BRed retros, the differences are not huge by any means.

I just get tired of the constant judging and comparisons to the OGs when these aren't being reproduced as a court performer (and yet you still see tons of NBA and college players putting up big numbers in them without issue or breaking their own ankles). You'd think that they took a classic J and turned it into FUBU quality based on how some people around here talk.

Are you SoleReserve RSVPers using the free service or dedicated server for $10? Interested to see if there's a discrepancy between the two. I put in for free just to see how well it worked.

Decided to come out of Jordan retirement to get these. It's been 2+ years since the last J purchase and it's been difficult trying to adapt to the new things like raffles, RSVP via Twitter, etc.
Anyway, just got called from one of the places where I entered a raffle and my pair is on lock. Seems too easy to me, LOL. My guess is there will be a gang of these available and if you do your due diligence, you'll be able to cop. Good luck, everybody.

I'm not a professional photographer (obviously)...but here are some shots (size 11):

If you want a particular section or angle, let me know and I'll try my best.

Last edited:
Decided to come out of Jordan retirement to get these. It's been 2+ years since the last J purchase and it's been difficult trying to adapt to the new things like raffles, RSVP via Twitter, etc.
Anyway, just got called from one of the places where I entered a raffle and my pair is on lock. Seems too easy to me, LOL. My guess is there will be a gang of these available and if you do your due diligence, you'll be able to cop. Good luck, everybody.
Easy because you got the call? What about the folks that didn't....

for the people that got the ntny confirmations already .. what sizes if you dont mind me asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom