Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by ajbishop

Anyone have a screen capture of where Wade just slid on the floor and put the shoe up against the camera? (watching the lakers/heat game) VERY close up view of what he's wearing.

Just caught it as well.

Looks durable, imo.

Just saw the close up on the game.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by d e beatup

I was on campus this week and saw a lot of product through Su '11 and the 2011 was one of the presentations. After the 09 and '10 did sooo bad at retail, it seems like they learned their lesson about doing too much and tried to reign it in. I won't provide pics out of courtesy to my host so please don't blow up my inbox.

The colors that I saw were the wh/bk and wh/red that were listed in the link but the way the shoe is constucted there are A LOT of possibilities to play with the colorblocking. It's a very simple and straightforward design that is inspired by MJ's love of Ferragamos, with the side panels leather wrapped in accent colors on the pairs I saw, like a pyramid/triangle shape of sort. If the wh/red is limited in units, I can see it eventually selling out, but not close after RD. I think the '11 is true to the game shoe of the past where most people are underwhelmed but then it'll really grow on them. I just think it was great to kind of reign in the gimmicks. Not that there weren't any.

The shoe comes with two separate, interchangeable sockliners, one full-length Max Air, one heel/forefoot Zoom. The shoes also will come in their own bags within the box. I guess we don't remember the XIX or XX1/XX2? All in all, I think it's a solid shoe that probably won't smoke at retail but it shouldn't be RTV fodder like the last two sig models.

You know what? You have me excited. I loved how SIMPLE the 21 was. White/Black/Red, straight to the point but that, plus the box, accessories and extra stuff just made the 21 one of my favorite shoes EVER.

The first colorway was iffy at first site. The sample underwhelmed me but it wasn't bad. Then the final product pictures along with the extra just made me 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
for the 21s. Then came the Italian Suede and the rest was history 
pimp.gif

I hope they are coming back with a 21 like shoe. If they do then I'm on board JB.

Will I be impressed D.E?
I'm in the same boat. Thanks for the info d e .... I'm glad the inspiration is Ferragamos (My fav dress shoe). Should be Simple, Clean, and quality if that's the case. (The exact opposite of JB nowadays lol).

I am curious with the interchangeable sockliners though. Let's get the spy pics rollin folks!!!
wink.gif

Again, this shoe isn't gonna have anybody camping out or anything remotely close to going crazy over but I'll guarantee you these won't be available at Marshalls for $40.  This is the epitome of a Jordan most of NT bashes then 8 months later many have a change of heart once they cop at a reasonable price.  Debating the wh/red to hoop in...

Yeah I was wondering the same thing... Why did he change back to the 2010's??! Did Jordan brand ****up and make these things uncomfortable?

Might have something to do with his knee bothering him. Being used to the 2010's or something.

I like them, from what I can see.
Once real detailed pics come out, I will start to decide.
Might have to wait to see them in person or for the right color.

wades been swapping shoes during games for awhile now. like dude above said, it's more about familiarity.

this thread grew twice over since the last time i checked it (last wk sometime). i hated the released picture, but i'll wait for some closeup shots of the shoe. definitely nothing to write home about design-wise. performance-wise, i be this shoe will be top-of-the-line.

JB just wanted to start a buzz, and they succeeded in doing it. Now they will be all over the sneaker blogs and pics will be all over the net. Gotta love America

I think this is a terrible debut. Your marque player wore your top of the line sneaker for 1 quarter then switch out. JB is falling and fast.

Hmmm not bad but color blocking could be better too much red imo

Change the laces to white

Change the outsole to a translucent black sole

Make those changes Jb and Id buy, they look like a good transition/evolution of the 2010s.

So far though, looks like only the white/black colorway. However if JB drops a mid in Black/Red or Black/Stealth/Red colorway count me in

Back
Top Bottom